Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

The mrs upgraded her S5 active to the S7 active yesterday and really likes it. On her old phone she had the Case-Mate Hula Bumper and was hoping to get another one for the s7 active. Well case mate has no cases for the s7 active and I can't find any bumper case for this phone.

I ended up getting the LK case and it's ok. The sides are rubbery and a little flimsy. The gloss finish makes it look cheap too...well it is cheap . Are there any good cases with a clear back and a matte like finish for the sides? Several reviews for the Cimo case say the case causes buttons get pressed inadvertently, esp the active button.
    07-19-2016 03:30 PM
    this one looks promising, in black/clear
    07-19-2016 04:14 PM
    this one looks promising, in black/clear
    That is the one I want. Has great reviews on Amazon, but the case has since been pulled. Not sure why.
    07-19-2016 05:03 PM
    They're available on eBay. I just bought one the other day, came today. Great case.
    07-19-2016 07:36 PM
    The SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case is one of the best IMO.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    07-19-2016 09:46 PM
    They're available on eBay. I just bought one the other day, came today. Great case.
    If you got the Black/Clear one, Would you mind posting some pics?
    07-20-2016 07:27 AM
    I have to agree jlczl, the supcase rocks the phone looks good in it and is well protected..I think they make a bumper style one as well, with a clear/frosted back that looks sharp too.
    07-21-2016 06:20 AM
    If you got the Black/Clear one, Would you mind posting some pics?
    I couldn't get a picture to come out clear enough, but here is an ebay link that has a pretty good view of the case. It looks quite good on the camo Active.
    Poetic Affinity Premium Thin Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Active 2016 | eBay
    07-21-2016 02:50 PM
    I couldn't get a picture to come out clear enough, but here is an ebay link that has a pretty good view of the case. It looks quite good on the camo Active.
    Poetic Affinity Premium Thin Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Active 2016 | eBay
    No problem, Thanks! I was basically just wondering if the sides are as "shiny" as they look in the online pics?
    07-21-2016 04:31 PM
    No problem, Thanks! I was basically just wondering if the sides are as "shiny" as they look in the online pics?
    Yes, the sides are shiny except the portion covering the buttons and the 4 corner bumpers which is a matte black rubber-like material. I first bought the clear/frosted case, but honestly like this one better. I don't think it looks bad at all, but some others might want to chime in with their opinions.
    07-21-2016 06:33 PM
    I don't like shiny clear cases. That's why the frosted SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle stands out as the best clear case to me.
    07-22-2016 06:56 AM
    I don't like shiny clear cases. That's why the frosted SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle stands out as the best clear case to me.
    I agree. Shiny clear cases make phones look kinda cheap imo. But I don't like frosted either. Current;y have the same frosted Supcase. GREAT case but wish I'd gone with the all black version.
    07-22-2016 08:49 AM
    I agree. Shiny clear cases make phones look kinda cheap imo. But I don't like frosted either. Current;y have the same frosted Supcase. GREAT case but wish I'd gone with the all black version.
    Kind of funny you mention that because I decided I liked the all black better once I had the frosted one. I now have both since they're really inexpensive anyway.
    07-22-2016 12:39 PM
    Yes, the sides are shiny except the portion covering the buttons and the 4 corner bumpers which is a matte black rubber-like material. I first bought the clear/frosted case, but honestly like this one better. I don't think it looks bad at all, but some others might want to chime in with their opinions.
    The Poetic Affinity case (clear/black) arrived yesterday and the Mrs likes it very much. The glossy sides look fine to both of us. The top of the case is glossy as well, but it's a thin border and still looks good.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    07-23-2016 10:37 AM
    Poetic looks very nice, we have $8 cimo tpu clear cases, and bodyshieldz/guardz/whatever glass screen protectors 2 for $8. you can hardly tell either is there.

if you do dunk/wash/dirty up the phone, take the case off and wipe phone exterior/case interior and exterior dry; cases will keep moisture/water in there for days.

EDIT - dont mind the apple sticker; getting rid of old phone stuff i came across a couple and put one on just to get a rise out of people. i like android, apple, and windows phones all for different reasons.
    Attached Thumbnails Any bumper only case? or a good case with a clear back-20160709_235438_richtone-hdr-.jpg   Any bumper only case? or a good case with a clear back-20160709_235736.jpg  
    07-29-2016 10:20 PM