06-29-2017 09:07 AM
63 123
tools
    I don't understand....

This is the same AT&T page that's been up for a while and the same language they used with me. There's a link to it on the Consumer Reports article from several weeks ago. Samsung Won't Offer Lifetime Warranty on Faulty Galaxy S7 Actives - Consumer Reports

Did you get something in writing stating the devices would be anything more than their standard warranty exchanges? Because that's what I got, a standard warranty exchange. I mean, it had a much newer manufacture date than my original phone and everything...
    09-06-2016 10:11 PM
    yes, but they are honoring water damage PERIOD, and you dont have to prove it.

the rest is still being fought over as we speak. I can confirm from 2 sources the replacements were new, not refurbs, and mid-august manufacture dates, and both survived 1 meter for 20 minutes; no fog, haze, or issues, unlike the devices they replaced.
    09-06-2016 10:20 PM
    No offense, not questioning, it's just I got basically the exact same language on August 11. I didn't have to prove anything either. I just had to get passed the frontline customer service person and talk to retention. But they did it with no hassle and when they transferred me to warranty claims, they were fine w/ my phone not being damaged either. My replacement phone had been made July 18, making it 3 weeks and 3 days old when it got shipped on August 11 (and just passed the date where they "fixed" the problem. That makes these mid-August phones about the same age to a few days newer when they shipped out. What they explained to me is that they weren't phones that had been in consumer's hands, just that they had been tested or something and were guaranteed to be perfect working order and unblemished. The only difference I could perceive was my replacement phone came in the warranty exchange box. I dunno, either way good to see at least people aren't getting hassled.
    09-06-2016 10:40 PM
    hey not at all; any info as far as we are concerned is ammo for the fight.

were not finished with this, we just got confirmation a few times it was no hassle/no questions (assuming it wasnt damaged ie dropped severely etc), and had 2 confirmed replacements pass a rudimentary dunk test previous units failed. Phone Info (Samsung) states mid-august production dates, Korean build, and devices are listed as 'New', as per what Samsung told our friends.

Language probably wont change; their actions might however. they will likely NEVER recall this device to be honest, and i can understand why, even though i personally am an affected consumer. The real push is to get them all replaced with fixed new devices; then push for something else too.

I wish i could give you a more affirmative response, but at this time, thats all i have or all i can say. Its still a work in progress.

Again, both my GF and my own S7 Active have worked just fine after long duration underwater, as have some others, that were launch devices.

I know of one user, personally, who has gone kayaking and waded/swam for a good 20 minutes with the device in her pocket; it was a launch day purchase. My GF and i bought ours shortly after our camping/kayak trip with said user was over; its why we bought them; its what i expect out of our devices and your device as well; just what they advertised.

This, on top of the Note 7 issue, is REALLY turning me off to Samsung right now; mostly the downtime and wasted time to get a return initiated, AND the 'dead time' where the faulty device is shipped out, and a replacement has not yet arrived; thats the key part we are now engaged in negotiating; compensation for downtime/lost time/productivity/etc.

My time isn't free; even my consultations cost more than this phone. My GF's are even pricier. Your time is JUST as valuable; you purchased the device based on its advertised specs; it doesnt matter why or how it failed to live up to its advertised specs; its an acknowledged flaw, which causes grievance to the user, and that user should be compensated.
    jlczl likes this.
    09-06-2016 11:06 PM
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Question, do I need to even test my phone? Just curious as it would be great if I could just get a new phone S7A and the set it up using my old phone and send them my old one back? Or I get the new phone, in hand, and then test my current on so that I dont have to be out of a phone.
    09-07-2016 01:24 PM
    I didn't have to test mine.
    09-07-2016 01:51 PM
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Question, do I need to even test my phone? Just curious as it would be great if I could just get a new phone S7A and the set it up using my old phone and send them my old one back? Or I get the new phone, in hand, and then test my current on so that I dont have to be out of a phone.
    Testing is up to you really. If you test it and it fails the phone generally still works but your front camera will fog up. Take out your sim and sd card before doing so because that area fails also. If it fails it'll take 5 or less days to get a new one. My last one I got next day at no charge.
    09-07-2016 04:10 PM
    Has this gotten off the ground? Amy news?
    10-26-2016 07:08 AM
    I used to debate back and forth over which was better, Samsung or iPhone, based solely on the qualities of the handset. What this Active issue, the Note 7 debacle, and my experiences with my Gear S2 smartwatch have taught me is it goes beyond the phone itself. It's what Samsung does and does not take responsibility for after the sale. Their customer service is atrocious compared to Apple. During my most recent experience trying to complain about getting a very early production date Active as a warranty swap, at one point I was transferred to Samsung's customer service. I was greeted by a very testy person at the end of a bad, scratchy connection who acted like she had no idea any Samsung phone had ever had a problem. I couldn't take her for more than a minute and a half before telling her she obviously wasn't prepared to help me and bid her goodbye.

Being in a household with a wife and two teen girls that all have iPhones still, I had to make two separate calls to AT&T about issues with their phones in the past few weeks. AT&T tech support, realizing I was beyond their technical grasp, passed me off to Applecare's iPhone support line. between the two phones, I spent probably three and a half hours on the phone with them as they meticulously troubleshot the problems I was experiencing. I couldn't believe I was getting this for free. I kept waiting for them each time to just give me a set of further instructions to carry on by myself, letting them get off the line. But they never did. I think it speaks volumes for how the two companies have conducted themselves. As much as I love my Active, when it's time for a new phone (especially now that they are water resistant), I'm probably switching back to Apple again.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just tired of seeing this go in circles and get nowhere.
    10-26-2016 08:43 AM
    I just got this phone for my son a few months ago and ofcourse he dropped it and the screen cracked and spider. Now nobody will help me. They tell me to put an insurance claim in. And I don't agree being that the only reason I purchased this phone was because of the durability of it... Can we say False advertisement?!?
    12-27-2016 10:16 AM
    I just got this phone for my son a few months ago and ofcourse he dropped it and the screen cracked and spider. Now nobody will help me. They tell me to put an insurance claim in. And I don't agree being that the only reason I purchased this phone was because of the durability of it... Can we say False advertisement?!?
    He dropped it and the screen cracked and spidered? The drop resulted in the crack right? I don't see how that's false advertising. It's a durable phone but it's not indestructible.

I've dropped my S7 Active and it has been fine but one time I dropped my S5 Active the screen cracked. There is too many variables on the surface and the angle that these things happen.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-27-2016 01:08 PM
    He dropped it and the screen cracked and spidered? The drop resulted in the crack right? I don't see how that's false advertising. It's a durable phone but it's not indestructible.

I've dropped my S7 Active and it has been fine but one time I dropped my S5 Active the screen cracked. There is too many variables on the surface and the angle that these things happen.
    Totally agree... they're extremely rugged but not totally indestructible! Put in the insurance claim and get it over with!
    12-27-2016 10:46 PM
    So is there a way to determine your S7A's date of manufacture? Not seeing a discernable dom on box label.

Edit: Found it via the 'Samsung Info app'
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-29-2017 09:07 AM
63 123