S7 Active Bicycle Mount

OCPRoboCop

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I am in the market for a mount/total mounting solution for my S7 and was wondering if anyone currently uses one or can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a legit setup and am not worried about cost all that much the last thing I want is for my phone to go flying off my bike while riding due to me getting a cheap mount.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

OCPRoboCop

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

This one looks like a solid starting point. I ordered one to try out and see if it works well. It has solid reviews on amazon.

Quadlock mounts look really legit but they don't make S7A cases yet so I would have to go with one of their stick on mounts.

Which means I would have to get another case for my phone as I wouldn't want to put it on my primary case.

All that aside I will give this one a try and let you guys know if it is a go or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Look forward to hearing what you find. Right now I toss mine in a small backpack on my rides, it would be nice to see whats going on. I have mine in a unicornbeetle case so its located inside a small tank shell. I would still want a good bike mount.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
ive used duct-taped foam on the bars, and zip ties with foam facing the screen to secure my S4 before. cheap and effective; never an issue. did it maybe 3 or 4 times.

then again i also secured two 10 foot kayaks to the roof of my RX-8 with pool noodles, cut up cheap foam mattress pads, and ratchet straps, with 2 bikes hanging off the rear on a crappy cheap trunk bike rack i got for free.

same trip; tail of the dragon from deals gap north carolina (with some spirited driving on fun curves; wickedly fun sports car and a legendary fun twisty road) all the way up to halifax nova scotia, and we biked kayaked and camped all over the place along the way.

you dont always need the latest and greatest gear; a roof rack, kayak mounts, and bike rack would have set me back $1200, and we absolutely wanted to take our RX-8 for the trip (mind you we did ditch the kayaks and bikes at a friends to get a nice fun run one way, then loaded them up, checked, tightened, rechecked, and STILL had a blast thru the twisties with them on the car on the way back) plus all my photog/video gear in the back seats and trunk stuffed with camping gear.

if you'll use it all the time, buy a couple, try em all out back to back, see which works best, and return the rest. for us, that was a one-time thing and while money was not an issue, i didnt want to waste $1200 on roof rack and bike rack for a car i will never again drag bikes or kayaks or camping stuff, that i would never be able to sell. plus it was fun taking a sports car all ghetto rigged when we have a perfectly good capable stick-shift 4Runner, but its not nearly as much fun to drive in curves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome