I've have my S7 Active for approximately 10 days. I noticed almost immediately the screen would turn off if I accidently passed a finger over the proximity sensor if I was using Facebook or playing games. I've rebooted the phone a couple times and it seems to work fine until the first time I play a game or make a call after the reboot. I haven't tried a factory reset yet really don't want to unless absolutely required. Any else had similar problems or any thoughts?
    07-31-2016 07:37 PM
    I've have my S7 Active for approximately 10 days. I noticed almost immediately the screen would turn off if I accidently passed a finger over the proximity sensor if I was using Facebook or playing games. I've rebooted the phone a couple times and it seems to work fine until the first time I play a game or make a call after the reboot. I haven't tried a factory reset yet really don't want to unless absolutely required. Any else had similar problems or any thoughts?
    Mine does the same thing
    07-31-2016 07:54 PM
    It's driving me crazy. I have noticed it doesn't seem to be as bad in bright sunny environments, but trying to play a game while waiting for a movie to start is ridiculous.
    07-31-2016 08:03 PM
    It can be turned off. Settings>Display>Keep screen turned off (flip this to off). It was getting in the way of watching Netflix, lol.
    08-01-2016 08:28 AM
    Yeah I turned it off however now the screen doesn't black out when I make a call resulting in key presses, muting, etc. My S5 sport worked beautifully and the S7 is great except for this one little problem.
    08-01-2016 02:20 PM
    Yeah I turned it off however now the screen doesn't black out when I make a call resulting in key presses, muting, etc. My S5 sport worked beautifully and the S7 is great except for this one little problem.
    On my phone, it doesn't control whether the phone screen blacks out during calls.
    08-01-2016 03:33 PM
    That's a big problem...
    08-03-2016 03:57 AM
    This is my first Samsung phone and I was really enjoying it until 3 days ago when this issue started. The tip from bkrell doesn't affect my phone at all unless the screen is already off, then it will stop it from turning on if the proximity sensor is covered. I am using an international Galaxy Note 5. I feel like this started after the most recent update a week or so ago but I'm not sure. It is a major problem. I really hope someone figures something out.

I can't even pull down the notifications from the left half of the screen.
    08-03-2016 07:14 PM