09-21-2016 09:01 AM
49 12
tools
    tkuhe, did you dunk your 6-16 one or is that a new one...sorry lost track, mine was made the same day, and on a side not what color is yours..Im the gold/sand model
    Havent dunked yet. Black model.
    Was going to wait a few months and then do it.
    08-04-2016 04:20 PM
    tkuhe, did you dunk your 6-16 one or is that a new one...sorry lost track, mine was made the same day, and on a side not what color is yours..Im the gold/sand model
    No, not yet. Was planning on waiting a month or so for old inventory to work its way through. Black model.
    08-04-2016 04:23 PM
    Just to toss another log on the fire here is the link to the statement from AT&T https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1114489
    And here is the verbiage with numbers , Hope it helps.

Exchange a water-damaged Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

Samsung is offering a warranty exchange for customers who have experienced water damage issues with their Galaxy S7 active. Learn how to exchange your device.

DETAILED INFORMATION
    Exchange your Samsung Active S7

Details

The Galaxy S7 active passed rigorous tests to ensure IP68 certification for water resistance. Samsung stands behind this water resistance certification, and will replace any Galaxy S7 active under its standard limited warranty, should water damage occur.

Warranty exchange
    You can receive a warranty exchange for your phone if:
    •You're exchanging it for another Samsung Galaxy S7 active.

•You purchased it from AT&T or an AT&T Authorized Retailer.
    •You purchased the phone less than one year ago.
    •Your issues are related to water damage.

To replace your device, you can:
    •Call 800.331.0500.

•Visit an AT&T store.

Insurance coverage
    If you already filed an insurance claim for your S7 active, you might receive a reversal. Call Asurion at 888.562.8662 for help.
    08-04-2016 10:27 PM
    Ugh...
    08-04-2016 10:42 PM
    5.31.2016 build date. I have dunked mine several times but never for more than a minute and not more than a few inches deep. No Problems. I would like to try 5 feet for 30 minutes but not until the bad phones get cleared out of the pipeline.
    08-04-2016 11:04 PM
    OK Bryanmsi, what color is yours....just a silly question the only reason I ask is if they had more than one line running at a time, maybe it was only on one line.
    08-05-2016 04:31 AM
    05/31 manufactured date, Made in Korea, black/grey 32 gb, never purposely dunked but in pool and submerged with no issues.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-05-2016 06:50 PM
    thank you sir.

3/5 S7 Actives purchased (6/13/16) show June 4th manufacture date; ZERO problems with water so far, up to almost 4ft in water (various depths less than 4 feet) for less than 20 minutes.

OF NOTE: i do take off the TPU case, rinse it off, and dry it off, blow water out of the ports, and dry it off immediately after a good dunk or wading through or across water...

Again, i do wash it off with windex and soap and water gently when i get home, and take the IP68 rating with a grain of salt; it IS a phone, after all.

Manufacturer/Brand:
    samsung
    Phone Model:
    SAMSUNG-SM-891A
    Device Type:
    poseidonlteatt
    Product Name:
    poseidonlteuc
    Country of Origin:
    MADE IN KOREA
    Manufacturing Date:
    ...misc info
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-05-2016 10:45 PM
    Any way to find out the manufacture date before opening the box?
    08-06-2016 12:32 PM
    just gave mine a quick rinse before putting on glass screen protector so far so good date of manufacture 2016.06.03
    08-06-2016 01:07 PM
    Just received my latest replacement from At&t. This time I didnt get a retail box but did get what appears to be a new phone. Still had all the Samsung stickers and at&t screen stuff on it. Now the kicker. This ones manufacturer date is 6-21-2016. So once again I got a phone before the issue was found. Im mailing off the broken one tomorrow and once they receive it (they still dont have my first broken phone from USPS) Ill dunk this one and see what happens.

The weird thing is the LDI in the sim area of the broke phone isnt pink, its still purple.
    08-17-2016 01:40 PM
    This is ridiculous. Pitifully handled. People who have improperly built phones should receive a brand new phone not a God damn refurbished p.o.s.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2016 09:37 PM
    So beware, At&t is attempting to charge me 751.54 for my water damaged S7 Active. Ive been on the phone for 46 minutes trying to get it resolved. There was zero physical damage at all and I made sure to take pictures of the entire device before shipping it back.
    09-08-2016 01:21 PM
    Update: still on the phone and this is the response Ive been given so far.
    "The phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.

Edit: Update. Problem solved. Supervisor number 4 has now corrected the charge and removed it. What a joke.
    09-08-2016 01:33 PM
    Update: still on the phone and this is the response Ive been given so far.
    "The phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.

Edit: Update. Problem solved. Supervisor number 4 has now corrected the charge and removed it. What a joke.
    And supervisor 4 failed also. He began telling me when he went to remove it that they didnt receive the 2nd water damaged phone and that was the charge. I read him the email stating they did receive it and he claims he saw no evidence of that.

I hung up and called my business rep who fixed it in 5 minutes. What a joke.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    09-08-2016 02:26 PM
    I would tell the business rep to stand by or find a way to let the front line know whats going on.
    09-12-2016 02:43 PM
    I would tell the business rep to stand by or find a way to let the front line know whats going on.
    Well my problem with At&t has been resolved in a not so polite way. I sold the Active, gave back my loaner s7 edge I was given for my Note 7, got hassled about restocking fees on a loaner phone while still waiting for my account to be credited for the returned Active, walked across the street to Verizon and switched my business account and personal account to them. Went back across the street and let the a-hole store manager know Ill be happy to fill out his survey if he still wants to send it to me. Good luck all with the Active, I hope they finally fixed them. For me Im back on ios and done with Samsung screwing me with their phones.
    09-13-2016 04:38 PM
    Wow, sorry you had that experience.

Samsung issued a statement that the Active's LDI does not affect the warranty exchange and that information is readily available.
    09-13-2016 07:48 PM
    Wow, sorry you had that experience.

Samsung issued a statement that the Active's LDI does not affect the warranty exchange and that information is readily available.
    Yeah thats how its supposed to go and seeing how I had a total of 4 Actives replaced you would think At&t would have figured out they couldnt charge me for an "out of warranty" replacement. As of now they still havent credited the account so they'll get a payment for all but the 751.54 they tried charging me. My rep reversed the charges but it hasnt been approved by some department. We'll see what happens.
    09-13-2016 10:06 PM
    Help
    09-19-2016 11:59 AM
    For those of you with water damaged phones, you can now use At&t to replace the device instead of Samsung. Samsung is estimating 9-11 business days upon receipt of the device to fix it, then a few more days to send it back. At&t has warranty repaired phones in stock and will ship one of those to you immediately and have you send yours to them. There is no charge for this as long as your phone has no previous physical damage that would void the water resistant claims which is exactly how Samsung approached this with me. The current estimated time for the new one to arrive to you is in 6 days or less. You can have the new phone expedited to you in 1-2 business days for $14.95.

Also, they have At&t corporate warranty locations thoughout the US and these centers will hand you a repaired phone on the spot if they have them in stock. They will take your broken phone and handle the return for you.

To have AT&t handle the process, call At&t and ask for the warranty department. Tell them the problem and make sure you mention its water damage. If they tell you they dont warranty water damage, have them go through their latest warranty news letter and the most recent item is that they, as of today, will replace the devices at no cost under Samsungs warranty replacement. The letter just came out this morning so most of them are unaware of it. The guy I spoke to found it in less than 5 seconds.

If your ok with getting a phone Samsung already repaired and not your original phone, this is a much faster process.
    I probably won't qualify for this since I purchased it unlocked through a third party. Mines manufactured on 2016.06.02, had water splashed on it in the shower and no problems yet. Don't want to risk it and have them send me a refurbished unit. If I need to submerged it, I'd use one of those waterproof smartphone bags.
    09-19-2016 02:34 PM
    For giggles I would call ATT or Samsung , I would not be surprised if it is covered, by warranty.
    09-21-2016 08:03 AM
    Well, I think we've been doing this wrong. Evidently, we should have all set our phones on fire, lol!
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:33 AM
    set it on fire then put it in water to put it out and say it had a water fail...that might get their attention.
    ROFL
    09-21-2016 09:01 AM
49 12