Anyone else have problems using Samsung Pay on the S7 Active? This is my wife's phone and we have tried it at several locations and it hasn't worked yet. Is the phone defective? Should I try to exchange?
    08-07-2016 11:29 PM
    Havent had any issues with it on 2 separate actives. Use it all over the place just fine. Does it just continuously scan for a reader? Make sure you place it right on top of the area that you would slide a card through.
    08-08-2016 06:56 AM
    I've only had a problem at HEB (grocery store). Otherwise, it has worked well at several other places.
    08-08-2016 07:00 AM
    Anyone else have problems using Samsung Pay on the S7 Active? This is my wife's phone and we have tried it at several locations and it hasn't worked yet. Is the phone defective? Should I try to exchange?
    Samsung Pay isn't 100% in my experience and neither are the payment terminals in stores. If you're trying to determine if the phone itself is at fault, you should try other NFC apps to see if they function properly. I did read that in order for the MST to function in Samsung Pay, the merchant terminals require updates.

So, in other words, it could be the phone (unlikely) or it could be the payment terminals. Good luck.
    08-08-2016 10:11 AM
    Can you please give us a link to where you read that. Everything Samsung has said so far pretty well indicates if you can swipe a card you can use Samsung Pay. Nothing about updates to terminals.
    08-08-2016 02:40 PM
    Thought you guys might want to see this while we're on the subject.
    Samsung Pay Flaw Could Allow Intercept of Payments Details | Digital Trends
    08-08-2016 07:28 PM
    I'm having an update loop issue with Samsung Pay. I have three messages in SP but when I open it shows an update available pop-up screen. Pressing cancel and it goes to the home screen. Pressing update goes to homes screen with small "update in progress" bubble. Bubble disappears and 5-10 seconds later it loops back to update screen. Press update again, rinse wash repeat. I have no way to access SP. I've restarted phone and removed battery a couple of times with no luck. Waiting for any answers before deleting app and starting over.
    11-20-2016 01:01 PM
    I'm having an update loop issue with Samsung Pay. I have three messages in SP but when I open it shows an update available pop-up screen. Pressing cancel and it goes to the home screen. Pressing update goes to homes screen with small "update in progress" bubble. Bubble disappears and 5-10 seconds later it loops back to update screen. Press update again, rinse wash repeat. I have no way to access SP. I've restarted phone and removed battery a couple of times with no luck. Waiting for any answers before deleting app and starting over.
    Yours may be phone specific, what phone do you have? Only asking since you stated removing the battery and all the S7 Phones have non removable batteries.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-23-2016 07:53 AM
    My bad. I removed the SIM and SD not the battery. That's what I get for thinking while I type. Phone is S7 Active. At least I'm in the right forum.
    11-24-2016 02:11 AM
    My bad... That's what I get for thinking while I type... At least I'm in the right forum.
    Problem with Samsung Pay...-laugh_b.jpg
    11-24-2016 11:46 PM
    Those of you with issues using Samsung Pay have you had luck getting it to work?

Mine still will not work.
    11-25-2016 04:52 PM
    I was finally able to use Samsung Pay, and it works great!!

I had to rest the app from within the Samsung Pay app. Go to settings -> scroll to the bottom and hit reset app.

You will have to re-enter your credit card and signature, but that solved the issue. Happy spending.
    11-27-2016 02:35 PM
    I was finally able to use Samsung Pay, and it works great!!

I had to rest the app from within the Samsung Pay app. Go to settings -> scroll to the bottom and hit reset app.

You will have to re-enter your credit card and signature, but that solved the issue. Happy spending.
    I've got it installed and ready to use - card, signature done - finger print - bottom swipe activates it - just haven't used it yet on the this phone. Used it regularly at restaurants with my Note 5 and Note 7 with no issues - just haven't been out to eat lately!
    11-29-2016 02:23 PM