Consumer Reports: Samsung won't support defective S7 Actives

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
No point bickering amongst eachother; there is already some movement in a legal direction in regards to this matter with the S7 Active. Again, we are working on it when we have time, entirely for the purpose of direct, NEW replacements, extension of warranty, or full refund with compensation for buyers' downtime/etc.

S7 Active Open Letter to Samsung

Please post in that thread so we can get ahold of everyone with an S7 Active and, if needed, present legal action upon Samsung for appropriate recourse.

Thank you.

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
OK got brave today....took mine out to the pool while I was letting the dogs out put it in about a foot of water and let it sit for a minute or so, then removed and rinsed with fresh water and dried, just like Samsung said to do...as of yet no ill effects seen...for those of us with fails how long and how deep was it in the water and how long till you saw a fail.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
OK got brave today....took mine out to the pool while I was letting the dogs out put it in about a foot of water and let it sit for a minute or so, then removed and rinsed with fresh water and dried, just like Samsung said to do...as of yet no ill effects seen...for those of us with fails how long and how deep was it in the water and how long till you saw a fail.
32 ounce cup if water for 2 -3 minutes. Didnt fail right away. About 3-4 hours after I dried it off problems arose.

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
OK mine was in a foot of water for a min or two, no issues let it dry still working 5 hrs later, just took some photos of my daughter swimming in the pool and again rinsed and dried as per Samsung, I did make sure I left the case off so not to trap any water inside or make it any harder for it to get out. letting it sit so far all seems normal. I'm figuring this is what I would normally do with it see how it does, tomorrow maybe a longer dunk to test..so far I'm happy knock on wood.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
OK mine was in a foot of water for a min or two, no issues let it dry still working 5 hrs later, just took some photos of my daughter swimming in the pool and again rinsed and dried as per Samsung, I did make sure I left the case off so not to trap any water inside or make it any harder for it to get out. letting it sit so far all seems normal. I'm figuring this is what I would normally do with it see how it does, tomorrow maybe a longer dunk to test..so far I'm happy knock on wood.
Have you made a call to check the speaker and checked your sim tray? If those 2 are good then Id say you got a good phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
just called too and from my work phone...all sounds good, did a youtube vid as well sounds clean
Well im on vacation and so far mines gone down a waterslide and into the pool. Got some awesome underwater shots of my kids. So far so good. Its been about 2 hours since it was last in the water. Didnt dry it or rinse it, just tossed it in the cabana and let it be. Looks like this one may be a keeper.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well im on vacation and so far mines gone down a waterslide and into the pool. Got some awesome underwater shots of my kids. So far so good. Its been about 2 hours since it was last in the water. Didnt dry it or rinse it, just tossed it in the cabana and let it be. Looks like this one may be a keeper.
Spoke to soon, its shot. Now to deal with At&t all over again.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That sucks , i hope they send a second overnight since they sent a bad one
Ive been on hold using another phone for 30 minutes. Theyre gonna have to do alot better than sending me a new one. They better figure out how to get me in a store and walking out with a new phone. My Active is absolutely toast.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Fingers crossed for ya are you talking to retention team
I just hung up with warranty repair, rentention and supervisors from both departments. They will only send another s7 active. I told them TMobile will buy out my contract and both the supervisor and rep both said they were sorry to lose a customer.

Now understand I didnt ask for anything for free or crazy. I asked them to send me a standard S7 and thats is. No refund on the $130 difference or nothing, just send me a phone that hasnt had issues. They refused to do anything except send another phone. Im headed to best buy shortly to buy an unlocked S7 and when I get my replacement Active Ill be switching phone providers.

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow..I am amazed..but then again your dealing with a weekend crew, my experience is that they are usually the worst to deal with. I know your on vacation but maybe worth a call on Monday morning. You might actually get someone who has a clue. Hang in there Try not to let this ruin your vacation.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Wow..I am amazed..but then again your dealing with a weekend crew, my experience is that they are usually the worst to deal with. I know your on vacation but maybe worth a call on Monday morning. You might actually get someone who has a clue. Hang in there Try not to let this ruin your vacation.
Its crazy because now all of a sudden the phones working lol. Im going to wait until I get back next Wednesday and deal with it then. Until that happens Im going to test the limitations of this thing.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Push the envelope on it see what happens
Called back to process the warranty exchange and the rep offered to send me a regular s7. I accepted and when he submitted the exchange it was denied because my previous return hasnt been received yet from USPS. It shipped 9 days ago so thanks to USPS I gotta start over next week.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Man that's wild. But don't consider me lucky or anything. A ruined iPhone on vacation is what started my Samsung adventure, lol. Mysteriously, it also now works again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781