Just getting a ATT software update now, Wifi Calling part of the subject

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine appears to be updating as well. Don't know what's included but I'm assuming it's exact same as S7 and the S7 Edge update

Posted via the Android Central App

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Yup its all about the Wifi calling and screen size...maybe other stuff too but that was the big one I saw. Update done, so far no smoke or fire..calling it a win.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Using my S7 Active this week! Will try to update! Need to find wifi.

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!

bennyj

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
What is advanced messaging and where do you see it?
Supposed to be able to receive read notifications and see when the other person is typing back like I messages. My wife and I both have it on our s7 but it don't work.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah advanced messaging only works with the stock app (must turn it on) and only with select phone.

bennyj, you should be able to use it on the s7. Are you using the stock messaging app?

bennyj

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah advanced messaging only works with the stock app (must turn it on) and only with select phone.

bennyj, you should be able to use it on the s7. Are you using the stock messaging app?
Ya all stock. Everything is turned on. Don't see anything different than before.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
...so this kinda irks me...

rather than FIXING the Activity Zone Compass/Map overlay mode bug ('Google Services is Updating' when its CLEARLY not), they simply removed it...

Otherwise, works just fine.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Some security fixes too. I used the Quadrooter test app before the update and it found 4 vulnerabilities. After the update it only found 2 vulnerabilities. Security version of android jumped from May to July.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
So the only real difference I saw with advanced messaging is it quit shrinking file sizes I sent thru text messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12