Took a bunch of pictures last weekend at the beach and then that night at a bonfire. I know night + fire can wreak havoc with a camera but my older Lumia 950 did a MUCH better job on default.
    Just wondering if I need to tweak the default camera settings more or if I just need to be more hands on in different settings.
    Any advice on how to set up the best auto settings would be appreciated.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-09-2016 11:57 AM
    You're gonna have to be a bit more specific with how the pictures look... If the fire looks blurry as well as the subjects in motion, you might have to go into Pro Mode and adjust the shutter speed. In Auto Mode, especially if you have HDR On, the priority is getting well-lit pictures, which means a longer exposure time on night shots. This can lead to blurry moving subjects, and since fire never stays still, it'll look blurry most of the time. Sports mode can help stop the blurriness, but the amount of light that your picture will get will be very limited, so might not be ideal or usable at night.
    08-09-2016 12:19 PM
    I agree, play with it see what gives the best results....I'm still learning mine I came from a Lumia 830 it was nice but the pictures from the s7 are much better.
    08-09-2016 01:39 PM
    I've also never understood why my pics more often blur with my Samsungs vs my iPhones. I mean, the quality of the pic overall is obviously better. But I definitely have more blurry pics w/ Galaxies.
    08-10-2016 07:35 AM
    Samsung's auto mode keeps the shutter open for longer times because it favors well-lit shots rather than keeping motion-blur in check. You can tweak these options in Pro Mode, however.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:33 AM
    I will have to try pro mode..any good hints tips anyone?
    08-11-2016 08:21 AM
    I will have to try pro mode..any good hints tips anyone?
    Set aside a couple hours one day and take a couple hundred shots changing the settings a little at a time. Change one section at a time till you get a feel for what happens when you adjust things. Also hop on google and read about what each setting is meant for. I tried to have a photographer explain it all on my actual camera and nothing made sense till I went out and messed with it myself.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-11-2016 11:29 AM
    Good thing is that even on Pro mode, you can keep individual settings in Auto Mode, so you might only have to adjust one (I usually fiddle with shutter speed and leave the rest in Auto). Having manual focus is pretty good, too, for tricky shots like closeups in darker settings or confusing objects.
    08-11-2016 03:40 PM