Hey folks,

Anyone know when the Active series phones traditionally experience their first price drop at At&t? I'm assuming it's no more than a few months, but I can't for the life of me find any reliable price history info on any of the previous Active phones.

thanks,

paul
    08-16-2016 04:49 PM
    A price drop isn't too common with the Active line. I guess AT&T figures if they like and really want it, people will pay. I saw the retail price drop on the S6 Active when the S7 Active was announced.

The funny thing is that you can find mint S6 actives on Swappa for about $350.....new in store is $594.

As far as the S7 Active goes, I'm sure there will be a special sooner or later, 2 for 1 with new line activation or sold with S3 w/ data plan. Any way you slice it, AT&T will make it look like you're getting something for free, when in fact you have to commit to a data plan for the free device.
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
    08-16-2016 09:09 PM
    Any way you slice it, AT&T will make it look like you're getting something for free, when in fact you have to commit to a data plan for the free device.
    Haha so true. I told them they could keep the "free" tablet!
    08-16-2016 11:52 PM
    The offer that I took advantage of was a Gear S2 Classic for $50 with activation of data for it. Could have got the regular Gear S2 for free. Couldn't be happier. It does everything my Apple Watch should have done.
    08-17-2016 10:27 AM
    The offer that I took advantage of was a Gear S2 Classic for $50 with activation of data for it. Could have got the regular Gear S2 for free. Couldn't be happier. It does everything my Apple Watch should have done.
    I fell for that trick once (with the original Gear S) just to realize I was not the type to leave my phone behind so there was no real need to have my watch be able to work as a standalone communicator.
    08-18-2016 07:23 AM
    I am a runner and if I can have a watch do everything my phone does for the time I'm running, great. Beyond the standalone features, the watch just literally functions much better than the Apple Watch. I close out most apps I have installed on my Apple Watch because I get tired of waiting for them to actually open. It's the most half-baked product I've ever seen from Apple. Even beyond the things that make the Gear S2 better, it was nice to have a cheap replacement for my Apple Watch. It made the transition back to Android easier.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-18-2016 09:34 AM
    Hey folks,

Anyone know when the Active series phones traditionally experience their first price drop at At&t? I'm assuming it's no more than a few months, but I can't for the life of me find any reliable price history info on any of the previous Active phones.

thanks,

paul
    Am thinking the S6A launched at $694 & Samsung dropped the price $100 on the S6 line around this time last year. It coincided with the Note 5/S6E+ launch. However this year, the S7 line is still selling well. AT&T still has the buy one get one going through end of August 2016. Link to ATT https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/sa...-one-free.html
    The Note 7 has insane demand & does not sound like too many are excited about the next iphone coming in Sept. Prices may hold until possible black Friday deals in Nov?
    08-19-2016 04:38 PM