So, I got a survey from a company on behalf of AT&T yesterday morning in my email all about the S7 Active. It was pretty thorough. They wanted to know what I liked, what I didn't, what could be improved, and all sorts of questions about the physical design and features offered on the phone. They even asked what it would take for me to buy another Active next time I got a phone. Anyone else get this? Did you let them have it? I had a few words about the water resistance issue, lol....
    08-19-2016 11:55 AM
    Samsung fixed the water resistance issue a while back: Samsung fixes Galaxy S7 Active's waterproofing problem | Android Central

I'm pretty sure AT&T will exchange your device for a fixed one at a repair center/corporate store.
    08-19-2016 12:27 PM
    Samsung fixed the water resistance issue a while back: Samsung fixes Galaxy S7 Active's waterproofing problem | Android Central

I'm pretty sure AT&T will exchange your device for a fixed one at a repair center/corporate store.
    Lol, yes, well aware of the latest on that. Please check out one of the several threads we've had on it.
    FLTimmyB likes this.
    08-19-2016 01:08 PM
    Oh they will but the Pain of the repair is the hard part and then if you want it back quickly ATT charges you 15 extra dollars because a product that the manufacture admitted had issues failed. There has been a lot of pain and blood shed on this.
    bkrell and Phoneguy108 like this.
    08-19-2016 01:40 PM

They sure will, Im on my 3rd of the "fixed" devices.

If you couldnt tell Im a bit bitter on the "fixed water resistance issue".

In regards to the survey, havent received one. Kinda hope I dont lol.
    08-19-2016 03:02 PM
    I didn't harp on it for an extended length but did state that it was a screw up and needs to be fixed. I said it would be nice if the next model was a bit more unambiguous in its water resistance.

But the water issue diverts from the gist of the survey. I mean, it was all kinds of stuff like "Do you prefer a rubberized surface, textured plastic, aluminum, ballistic nylon" etc. It sounds like they are debating how far to take this whole ruggedized thing. They also asked about whether or not I'd be likely to purchase "Active" accessories such as chargers, speakers, earphones... I hope I'm not spoiling a big surprise or anything. But at least it sounded like they weren't about to pull the plug on the Active line. I did ask for more runner-friendly features and compatibility, since that was the original reason I bought my S4 Active...
    08-19-2016 03:19 PM
    So basically a survey for them to take information to tell Samsung what they want in the S8 Active, got it.
    08-20-2016 09:12 PM
    So basically a survey for them to take information to tell Samsung what they want in the S8 Active, got it.
    One that works as promised would be nice....
    08-23-2016 11:15 PM