09-13-2016 10:09 PM
26 12
tools
    We all know about the faulty production line issue with the S7A that Samsung has claimed to have fixed. What I'm wondering is when should the "fixed" phones be in store? ATT is useless and won't acknowledge anything on the issue. When do you think they'll be readily available?

Rob
    08-26-2016 10:46 AM
    They "should" be there now. Only way to know for sure is get one and check the manufacturer date. Anything made in mid to late July and after should be good to go. The problem was found July 8th and was acknowledged about a week later. To check your manufacturer date download the app "Phone Info (Samsung)" from the play store.
    08-26-2016 11:10 AM
    Yes, I can confirm the replacement phone I got was made around July 18 and that was two weeks ago. When we all first ran the Samsung info on our original phones, it looked like there was only about a 1-2 week span from manufacture date to when folks ordered their phone. I ordered my original phone on July 5 and received it on July 7. It had been manufactured on June 21, IIRC.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:08 PM
    So y'all think I should be okay if I order directly from ATT online next week?
    08-26-2016 09:10 PM
    Maybe...
    You are rolling the dice. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    08-26-2016 10:33 PM
    IF you do order it, please come back and tell us what date yours is. I'm planning on ordering one but I'm holding off just to be sure.
    08-26-2016 11:16 PM
    I'm not in any position of authority on this but, given most folks' experiences, I would think so if you ordered directly from them. I would immediately download that Samsung Info app to make sure before spending anymore time setting up the phone, lol! Of course, if you try to get assurance from AT&T that it's a "fixed" later phone, you'll get nowhere. They evidently aren't privy to that info as of whenever I called a couple of weeks ago.
    08-27-2016 04:32 AM
    50/50 shot. I havent received one made in July and Im on my 3rd. I would go into a store if you can and explain that you want to check the date before leaving and if its before mid July you'll want to exchange it. Its my understanding these phones didnt sell very well so At&t seems to have alot of stock and Im betting alot of it is original production runs.
    08-27-2016 07:16 AM
    My wife just got an S7 active today, when we got home I checked on Samsung info and it was a late June build date. Figure we'll treat it with normal use, if anything happens we have the warranty to fall back on.
    bkrell likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:35 PM
    Well I stand corrected. Seems like these things aren't moving quickly anymore
    08-30-2016 05:24 AM
    Well I stand corrected. Seems like these things aren't moving quickly anymore
    Ours was an in store purchase, so sales at that particular store may have been slow from the get go, so regarding ones ordered online, I can't say for sure on how new they would be.
    08-30-2016 07:14 AM
    Ah, still good to know they aren't moving fast in stores....
    08-30-2016 07:39 AM
    Ah, still good to know they aren't moving fast in stores....
    The note 7 has destroyed the Active sales. I was at 2 At&t stores yesterday to get another Note 7 and the first store had no clue when the last time they sold an Active was and the other store said he knows theyve sold 2 this month. I kept my Active for times when I need a more rugged device or a massive battery. Plus the demand for the phone is atrocious so its not like I can sell it for anywhere near what its worth.
    08-30-2016 08:35 AM
    Well I can definitely see why. With all the phones IP68 rated, what do you REALLY get from the Active? Most people charge their phones every night. So who cares if the battery makes it a little longer? The problem with the Active is it's too niche to be mainstream and too mainstream to be really as useful as it's hyped to be. Before I had the need for my Active, I was thinking I'd get a Note if I ever went back to Samsung. But when it came down to it, I decided my iPhone 6 Plus was just too big. Didn't want a repeat of that with a Note. My choice came down to either the Active or an iPhone SE. Plus...A stylus still feels like a step backward. Makes me think of my wife's Palm Treo from back in the day.
    09-01-2016 02:15 PM
    I need the battery
    And I liked the idea of not having to buy a case.
    TheOtherBill and Phoneguy108 like this.
    09-01-2016 04:56 PM
    I need the battery
    And I liked the idea of not having to buy a case.
    I still put a case on mine at least as a first line of defense.
    09-01-2016 05:52 PM
    The 7 Active I exchanged my Note 7 for was born on June 15th.

Well.
    09-04-2016 06:32 PM
    The 7 Active I exchanged my Note 7 for was born on June 15th.

Well.
    Interesting. This Note 7 exchange just might clear out all the "old stock" Actives.
    09-04-2016 06:37 PM
    Interesting. This Note 7 exchange just might clear out all the "old stock" Actives.
    Not for long from what I'm reading LOL. Maybe refilling the S7 Active warranty/Asurion resevoir when the Note 7 comes back.
    09-04-2016 06:47 PM
    But those phones can't be resold as new, right? So once they're gone buying a new phone will give you a post-fix manufacture date.
    09-04-2016 07:17 PM
    The one I got a as a loaner was built 7-18
    09-04-2016 07:20 PM
    The note 7 has destroyed the Active sales. I was at 2 At&t stores yesterday to get another Note 7 and the first store had no clue when the last time they sold an Active was and the other store said he knows theyve sold 2 this month. I kept my Active for times when I need a more rugged device or a massive battery. Plus the demand for the phone is atrocious so its not like I can sell it for anywhere near what its worth.
    Unlock it and sell it overseas on eBay. You may even get more than what you paid for. These are usually pretty good sellers since they're exclusive to AT&T and the only way to get them if you're not on AT&T is through eBay or other resellers.
    Slade8525 likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:08 PM
    Unlock it and sell it overseas on eBay. You may even get more than what you paid for. These are usually pretty good sellers since they're exclusive to AT&T and the only way to get them if you're not on AT&T is through eBay or other resellers.
    agreed; i gave 2 away to a friend and a relative, and sold one to another friend at cost (paid outright so got them unlocked no problems). In France and Greece, many people asked about them and would definitely have bought them if available; i could have sold my own, and my GF could have sold hers, for a tidy profit. He recently LEASED it to his boss, who was awaiting a Note 7.

The S7 Active, i get 2 SOLID days of life out of, usually still at 10%, with 8 hours of SOT by end of day 2 (always on display off on both, location and wifi usually on, lots of apps disabled, email sync every 2 hours, google photos/samsung apps/play apps set to update on charge only). The Note 7, EXACT same settings/everything (literally; i took screenshots of S7 Active settings to set up the Note 7 as close as possible, i get 20 hours MAX with 4 hours screen on time, so less than HALF the life, with only a 25% drop in battery.

GF surprised me with the Note 7, which now rests, charged to 40% which is theoretically the most stable charging point for MOST newer lithium ion batteries, in an elevated, THICK cast iron pan, with a stainless steel bowl over it in case it blows and fumes try to escape, near an open window, with a smoke detector with a fresh battery right next to it, because NO ONE has let me return it thus far (2 Best Buy stores). After going back to the S7 Active, I have come to adore it, in all its bulk, weight, and plasticky goodness.
    TheOtherBill and jlczl like this.
    09-10-2016 11:05 PM
    So is it safe to assume that all S7 active on sale now are ones with fixed build quality for water-resistance?
    09-11-2016 10:31 PM
    I ended up selling it to a guy from Canada. Im in Detroit so he was able to come across the border to pick it up. I got $650 for it so Im happy. To be honest I would have taken $400 for it because I was so irritated worrying about the phones durability.
    09-11-2016 11:10 PM
26 12