I never had this problem with my old phone (which was an iphone), but I get twitter notifications as text messages and for some reason, ever since I switched to the Galaxy S7 Active a lot of my text messages seem to get cut off and end with an ellipsis (...)

It's very frustrating because often times if is in the middle of a link, but it actually puts the ellipsis into the link so when I click on it I can't load the page.

I'm assuming there is a character limit or something going on, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could turn that off on the default messaging app? or if not is there a decent messaging app that will allow the whole text to come through? I find it very odd that this never was an issue on my old phone, but somehow it is with this one.
    11-16-2016 03:26 AM
    oh my gosh i've been suffering through this and have been confounded by the lack of a discussion or solution, did you ever figure out a way to receive full texts from twitter instead of only cut off ones?? it's beyond frustrating.

I never had this problem with my old phone (which was an iphone), but I get twitter notifications as text messages and for some reason, ever since I switched to the Galaxy S7 Active a lot of my text messages seem to get cut off and end with an ellipsis (...)

It's very frustrating because often times if is in the middle of a link, but it actually puts the ellipsis into the link so when I click on it I can't load the page.

I'm assuming there is a character limit or something going on, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could turn that off on the default messaging app? or if not is there a decent messaging app that will allow the whole text to come through? I find it very odd that this never was an issue on my old phone, but somehow it is with this one.
    04-07-2018 01:43 PM