November 23 Update

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Galaxy S7 Active new OTA update build G891AUCU2APK2,
-- brings Full Screen Mobile Video Service
-- & modifies a few things [including]: a fix for issues with Voicemail where calls wouldn’t got therein when calling non-LTE devices is included too.
-- The Milk Music app of Samsung gets the axe and it’s no longer an active service.
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
A question for someone else that has installed the November 23rd update. As usual after a large update, I check all the functions on my phone.
I noticed that when now checking for updates, the "check back in xxx hours" notice is gone. Also, when you now check for updates, instead of the lag (or spin) while it checks the update server, it immediately bounces back a message that your device is up to date. Concerned about this, I called AT&T and the rep said hers did the same and that this is now normal behavior. I'm wondering how we will know when the next update rolls around. The rep said AT&T is changing the way they distribute updates. They will be coming much more frequently now the rep said. (I guess they're feeling the heat and threat of unlocked, cheaper devices and tardy updates). Anyway, the rep said we should be getting a couple smaller updates sometime in December prior to Nougat. We may just get a notice to the phone that the update is available. I guess we'll find out then. If anyone's experience is different from mine (after the latest update), please post.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here! I just checked -no more "Check back in 24 hours" message. . .

After the update my battery life appeared to be less. About nine hours vs. 16 or so normally.

I cleared the cache and it still did not seem better. Of course, I was out with my spouse doing the post- Thanksgiving shopping a lot, but I could notice the faster drain.

I then did a 100% reset, reloaded my setup and after about 48 hours or so (including two routine recharges) it appears to be back at the normal for me 16 hours or so of battery between charges.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
A question for someone else that has installed the November 23rd update. As usual after a large update, I check all the functions on my phone.
I noticed that when now checking for updates, the "check back in xxx hours" notice is gone. Also, when you now check for updates, instead of the lag (or spin) while it checks the update server, it immediately bounces back a message that your device is up to date. Concerned about this, I called AT&T and the rep said hers did the same and that this is now normal behavior. I'm wondering how we will know when the next update rolls around. The rep said AT&T is changing the way they distribute updates. They will be coming much more frequently now the rep said. (I guess they're feeling the heat and threat of unlocked, cheaper devices and tardy updates). Anyway, the rep said we should be getting a couple smaller updates sometime in December prior to Nougat. We may just get a notice to the phone that the update is available. I guess we'll find out then. If anyone's experience is different from mine (after the latest update), please post.
Just checked mine after updating yesterday morning and as you said, maybe 3 seconds then "Device is up to date"!

Oh, and I see no difference in battery life - still holds charge as before... excellent, as usual!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34