What's up with the screen protector??

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Love the phone. My build date is late September. I think I have a solid device.
Ok. I know there's a factory installed protector and I ordered from ebay the supersheildz glass screen protector and a cool little Cheap case. Well, with the factory protector still on and the new glass supersheildz, the case won't fit. And the physical buttons are now even with the screen and not raised.. Which is kinda cool..
My question is, should I take off the factory protector that I've read I can do? Or buy another case? Please lay it on me and let me know what everybody thinks.. Thanks.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't touch the factory one - I just bought a Bodyguardz HD Contour tempered glass screen protector and put it on right over the factory one then bought a SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case and everything fits perfect! The case isn't slim by any means - it makes the Active look more Active actually, but that's O.K. with me. I'm crash prone so that's fine!

Unicorn.jpg

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Love the phone. My build date is late September. I think I have a solid device.
Ok. I know there's a factory installed protector and I ordered from ebay the supersheildz glass screen protector and a cool little Cheap case. Well, with the factory protector still on and the new glass supersheildz, the case won't fit. And the physical buttons are now even with the screen and not raised.. Which is kinda cool..
My question is, should I take off the factory protector that I've read I can do? Or buy another case? Please lay it on me and let me know what everybody thinks.. Thanks.

The cheap case is probably why it didn't fit. The glass screen protector should leave a little room on the edges so that a case should fit. And also, I don't think you can take off the factory plastic polycarbonate film, it supposed to be permanent.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I got a poetic clear back case and it now fits perfectly with the screen protector ontop of the factory screen protector. I'm 100% happy and satisfied. I love this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech