03-29-2017 01:22 PM
57 123
tools
    It's so difficult to sit here and wait for nougat to be received on the Galaxy S7 active. If I had the Galaxy S6, S6 active, or something older then I could understand and respect the structure of seniority and how AT&T rolls out their software updates.

This is insane. The same model (S7& S7 edge) goes and gets the update and we are left waiting. The software for all S7's should have been developed and released at the same time despite the active having one extra button.

Not a happy camper.
    I agree!

Nougat-un_laugh.jpg
    03-02-2017 10:59 PM
    It's so difficult to sit here and wait for nougat to be received on the Galaxy S7 active. If I had the Galaxy S6, S6 active, or something older then I could understand and respect the structure of seniority and how AT&T rolls out their software updates.

This is insane. The same model (S7& S7 edge) goes and gets the update and we are left waiting. The software for all S7's should have been developed and released at the same time despite the active having one extra button.

Not a happy camper.
    This is why I'd never but an AT&T exclusive phone again. The majority of phone sales go to the S7 and S7 Edge, so AT&T will upgrade those phones first. The Active series isn't important to AT&T.
    benjamminh likes this.
    03-03-2017 05:56 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get the G891AUCS2APL1 firmware to downgrade then upgrade to Nougat? I have the AQA1 firmware.
    03-03-2017 06:39 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get the G891AUCS2APL1 firmware to downgrade then upgrade to Nougat? I have the AQA1 firmware.
    O.K., got it... if you really want to go through all this:

Go here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...-root-t3473649

scroll to "To Unroot, Click Below" then click "Link to Instructions Provided By (jembot)"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=561

You are not unrooting, you are just using ODIN to bring the phone back to API2 which is a start. From there, you can then do the SD Card/Stock Recovery thing and use dogmatism's files to go "G891AUCS2API2 -> G891AUCU2APK2" > "G891AUCU2APK2 -> G891AUCS2APL1" > "G891AUCS2APL1 -> G891AUCU2BPL4" Nougat!

"That's all the microphone's givin' me!" Verizon Ad
    03-03-2017 08:58 AM
    yah, its finally here :-)
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-07-2017 09:43 AM
    yah, its finally here :-)
    Well, after all the complaining you guys have done, I'm definitely happy the update is here. And only a couple of months behind the other multiple phones that recieved it I'm actually I got it this soon.. Lol. I've seen them take nearly a year (active s5) to update before so I couldn't be any more pleased.. Plus, I think you guys made a little too much over it.. AND you knew all this was going to happen, anyway. No one that knows better ever thought the update on a special branded phone would roll out at the same time of these other phones.. Its never happened before and won't happen anytime soon.. If you want a premium phone, you pay the price in customized upgrades.
    Just my $. 02
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-07-2017 02:39 PM
    Well, after all the complaining you guys have done, I'm definitely happy the update is here. And only a couple of months behind the other multiple phones that recieved it I'm actually I got it this soon.. Lol. I've seen them take nearly a year (active s5) to update before so I couldn't be any more pleased.. Plus, I think you guys made a little too much over it.. AND you knew all this was going to happen, anyway. No one that knows better ever thought the update on a special branded phone would roll out at the same time of these other phones.. Its never happened before and won't happen anytime soon.. If you want a premium phone, you pay the price in customized upgrades.
    Just my $. 02
    Agreed... and then there's those of us who can't wait and put Nougat on themselves... and now have spent the last two hours going back to Marshmallow (a version from a year ago mind you) and then updating through five updates to get back to current... just to get the PROPER UPDATE! DUH!

...and, I'm still FAR from done! I still have to "Restore" my Backup to get the phone looking and working like it was with my stuff, THEN let AT&T do it's thing!
    03-07-2017 03:34 PM
    Agreed... and then there's those of us who can't wait and put Nougat on themselves...
    When you put Nougat on yourself, does your dog try to lick it off?
    vfp5 likes this.
    03-07-2017 04:18 PM
    Well Happy Birthday to me, just got the Nougat update on my active last night finished the install this morning, all seems well so far.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-08-2017 07:02 AM
    I for one am a fan of it. Totally customizable and I like the look.
    I notice a battery usage difference too, for the better.
    I am happy.
    03-08-2017 07:12 AM
    Tada... took five hours to go from illegal Nougat back to an old version of Marshmallow then all the way back to the latest version of Marshmallow then get the Update then get my Restore from the Samsung Cloud... but TADA!
    03-08-2017 07:36 AM
    Got it! I had seen the update and put it off b/c I was always busy when the prompt would pop up. Finally gave in and downloaded it before bed. It turned off my alarm! At any rate, I don't like the small font size. Gotta change that. Love the little optimizer function. Battery life seems a little better so far. Thought I was in power saving mode it was running down so slow. But I wasn't. I like how it gives you options to customize power saving mode. Pretty nice. Now I'm going to have to go read up on what else is new/different.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-09-2017 07:57 AM
    Got it! I had seen the update and put it off b/c I was always busy when the prompt would pop up. Finally gave in and downloaded it before bed. It turned off my alarm! At any rate, I don't like the small font size. Gotta change that. Love the little optimizer function. Battery life seems a little better so far. Thought I was in power saving mode it was running down so slow. But I wasn't. I like how it gives you options to customize power saving mode. Pretty nice. Now I'm going to have to go read up on what else is new/different.
    Nougat-laugh_b.jpg I had to go through hell to get back to Marshmallow, just to get the Legal OTA... but it was worth it... this version is like three or four Revs higher than what I was running and is sweet! Love it!
    03-09-2017 09:47 AM
    Saw that. It does seem pretty snazzy. The stats in my battery life manager are amazing. Nothing is showing up as using much power. Facebook had been gobbling up like 20% lately. I DON'T like how it got rid of the hour markers at the bottom of the predicted useage graph. Otherwise...thumbs way up.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-09-2017 10:38 AM
    I totally agree. Love the new look, options, how customizable it is and how smooth it is.
    Really "0" complaints so far. Definitely a noted battery change for the better.
    Only issue I ran into was I turned off auto time/day set (In an effort to download software when it was made available) and forgot to turn back on after update so it kept throwing off certain apps and made my text messages nutty but all good now.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-09-2017 01:10 PM
    I'd say thank your lucky stars! If I had the option to NOT update my S7 again, I would refuse!!!

I have only had AT&T 7.0 for a couple of days and I am simply amazed at how they seem to change what is good and works into something cumbersome.:- I am sure there are other User Unfriendly functions that have changed, but here are the first two that I noticed.

1) Contacts: Used to be that you brought up a contact it would list all available numbers for this person or place. Not any more! Now you have to select Details to select the number you want to dial.

Nougat-screen-shot-1.jpg
    Nougat-screen-shot-2.jpg

2) Blocking a caller requires similar type multi step. Again through Details to Block.

Stay Tuned - More to follow!
    03-09-2017 11:05 PM
    I must have mellowed with age... I noticed the Contacts thing too but it just rolled right by... didn't really bother me that much. When you get to be 67... "whatever" becomes a keyword!!!

Nougat-laugh_b.jpg
    03-09-2017 11:18 PM
    Blocking a caller was always a multi-step process for me, unless I was doing something wrong? Oh, and in "medium" battery saver mode, I had 38% at 10:30 PM last night, after taking the phone off the charger at around 5 am. I didn't excessively use FB yesterday but did have it open on several occasions. Still never went above 3% in the usage manager. Not exceedingly great compared to what some of you folks get. But pretty good compared to my normal battery stats.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-10-2017 08:28 AM
    So far , Android 7 seems to be the best one released . Looking forward to the release for our S6 Active on our second line, sometime in the future.
    03-10-2017 03:29 PM
    This update has completely changed how I feel about my phone for the better! I'm finally getting the amazing battery life everyone else has. Facebook has gone from like 20% down to 3% consistently, regardless of heavy use. I'm no longer counting down the days (well...years, lol) until I get a new phone.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-13-2017 09:03 AM
    This update has completely changed how I feel about my phone for the better! I'm finally getting the amazing battery life everyone else has. Facebook has gone from like 20% down to 3% consistently, regardless of heavy use. I'm no longer counting down the days (well...years, lol) until I get a new phone.
    Really Happy for you... I know you went through a rough patch there with some odd, unexplainable crap going on with the battery life. Glad Nougat took care of it and that you're happy with it!!!

EDIT: I should add, "Live Long and Prosper, bkrell"
    Cricket Jiminy likes this.
    03-13-2017 12:38 PM
    Hah! Thanks! Yeah, don't know why my apps didn't play happy with Marshmallow. But Nougat seems to have been the cure for whatever was ailing it.
    Cricket Jiminy likes this.
    03-13-2017 01:30 PM
    Hah! Thanks! Yeah, don't know why my apps didn't play happy with Marshmallow. But Nougat seems to have been the cure for whatever was ailing it.
    I wouldn't ask at this point... just enjoy. Hey, I just got Google Assistant working... another Plus to Nougat. Now I have to start the process of training it I guess and see how good it gets. There was an article on the regular Google page that tells you how to go to Playstore and sign up as a Google Beta Tester, that gets you the correct Google Play Services version then the Google App itself asks you to "Update" and Voila', you have Assistant! Pretty cool... I'll see if I can find the link to the article if you're interested.
    03-13-2017 04:18 PM
    I got Nougat today. I had to go to the Samsung area at the local Best Buy to get the update, as expected.

Pleasantly surprised. The settings are much easier to access and find (as opposed to the endless side scrolling from before). I am sure this superior method was present on much older Androids I had, because it is familiar. But Samsung seems to have had the clunky side-scroller for a long time until now.

Clean Master? Wasn't that the name of some sort of pointless malware that ad-paid apps tried to force on everyone? AndroidPit identifies it as malware to get rid of completely:

https://www.androidpit.com/android-a...ve-immediately

Now it is built in... *shrug*. But it seems to work better than other such things before, and instead of taking 15 minutes to find out what is taking up what in memory under Marshmallow, it takes about 20 seconds.

My launcher is Nova, and I expected things to be pretty much destroyed by Nougat. Instead, my widgets were disabled, and the "dock" area was decimated. It didn't take long for me to fix this back, and this Nova Launcher repair is the sum total of me having to fix something after the Nougat update.

Now, I hope my S7 Active is ready to go another year, before I even start to consider a Pixel Second Gen, an iPhone (only if they make IOS as good as Android instead of crippled too much of the time), or even an LG.
    03-18-2017 04:43 PM
    What does getting Assistant have to do with getting Nougat? Did you try before and it didn't work?
    03-18-2017 04:44 PM
57 123