03-29-2017 01:22 PM
57 123
tools
    Yeah, since the Nougat OTA, the correct version of Google Play Services was installed which makes it easier to get the "Assistant" App installed. You have to go to Play Store and ask to get on the Google Beta Program, then after about 10 or 15 minutes, the app updates from regular Google to Google Assistant! There's a couple of articles you can read on how to do it... just, you guessed it... Google it! "Google Assistant for all phones"
    03-18-2017 11:30 PM
    Well, sad to say....battery life has gone into the toilet.

After about a week of bliss, now it seems even worse than before. I know I've had a couple of facebook updates but that doesn't seem to be the culprit. Android OS is consistently the highest percentage of battery drain. With fairly low usage, I'm at 47% 11 hours after taking it off the charger. A week ago, I was still at least in the 60s at this point in the day. That's w/ medium powersaver on. I did re-enable the gear app and the s-health app because I found out there were some updates for my gear s2 watch I'm no longer using. But when I started suspecting they were the culprit, I disabled them. I've had two restarts since then and no change in battery life. So...who the heck knows? Oh well, fun while it lasted.
    03-21-2017 03:32 PM

After about a week of bliss, now it seems even worse than before. I know I've had a couple of facebook updates but that doesn't seem to be the culprit. Android OS is consistently the highest percentage of battery drain. With fairly low usage, I'm at 47% 11 hours after taking it off the charger. A week ago, I was still at least in the 60s at this point in the day. That's w/ medium powersaver on. I did re-enable the gear app and the s-health app because I found out there were some updates for my gear s2 watch I'm no longer using. But when I started suspecting they were the culprit, I disabled them. I've had two restarts since then and no change in battery life. So...who the heck knows? Oh well, fun while it lasted.
    Nougat-un_laugh.jpg
    03-22-2017 04:48 PM

Here's my results since removing from the charger Friday night at 11:15 PM and it stayed off the charger until Monday at 3:00 PM (Screenshot is from Sunday @ 1:53 PM) - Battery was at 23% NOTE: I must add - I am also running Greenify!

Attachment 255127
    03-28-2017 11:12 PM
    Well, that's depressing!
    03-29-2017 08:45 AM
    Well, that's depressing!
    Yeah, I truly don't understand... but again, I don't do near as much in a day as you do either. The phone sits a lot of the time... I tell you, Greenify has made a hell of a difference. It's a PITA sometimes because it turns things off sooner than you might wish but it also saves battery on things you might normally forget about, running in the background. All I had to do was tell it things I DIDN'T want it to shut off and then let it do it's thing - battery has been MUCH better since firing it up!
    03-29-2017 12:59 PM
    I downloaded Greenify when I saw your post and have only lost 10% since then. I had run it once before and wasn't impressed. But for now, it seems to be working.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-29-2017 01:22 PM
57 123