03-29-2017 01:22 PM
57 123
tools
    I just cant understand why all of the other galaxy phones (S7 & S7 Edge) received nougat yet the S7 Active hasn't.
    Makes zero sense.
    02-21-2017 06:53 AM
    I just cant understand why all of the other galaxy phones (S7 & S7 Edge) received nougat yet the S7 Active hasn't.
    Makes zero sense.
    June/July-ish or go to XDA Developers thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...mware-t3540866

I don't think I'm supposed to say this but, it's a legit, AT&T copy for this phone that I'm running from that thread and it was really simple to do... just read the thread. It's pretty slick, smooth, no bugs, no errors... just no security updates because it's not officially out yet, so when you check for updates, you are MORE than up to date!!!
    02-21-2017 08:58 AM
    Thanks. I came across this the other day as well. Found it on another site. My firmware seems to be a bit different than what is mentioned in this files though so I'm not sure.
    02-21-2017 12:34 PM
    What Baseband version do you have? We should all be running the same at this point! I was G891AUCS2APL1 from AT&T and that's what they're updating from (or what I did anyway - there's a lot of stuff there in that list that'll confuse people but all you need is that last one that goes from APL1 to BPL4) I downloaded that zip file, put it in the root directory of my SD Card and then just used the phone's "Recovery Menu" to load it... didn't have to use Odin or any external crap! Twenty minutes (and then the obvious hour and a half of re-setting up a new phone after), but S-W-E-E-T!

Mods - I know, I know - too much info - I'll shut up now!
    02-21-2017 01:18 PM
    Makes zero sense.
    I have had the s5,s6,s7 actives. The updates come in late June after the new model has been out a few weeks with the new software if I recall correctly.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-21-2017 02:59 PM
    I have had the s5,s6,s7 actives. The updates come in late June after the new model has been out a few weeks with the new software if I recall correctly.
    I'm just impatient and have nothing better to do with my time! ;-)
    02-21-2017 04:07 PM
    It shows my baseband version as G891AUCS2AQA1.

Just for clarification purposes, the S7 active has the same specs as the S7 & S7 edge right? Why wouldn't they include the S7 active in the update group. It baffles me and aggravates me.

Sorry just venting lol
    02-22-2017 06:39 AM
    Not completely the same specs. Physical buttons and larger battery for the obvious differences.

Also I just updated my Wife's S7 &, and it SUCKS!

Crappy icon changes (harder to find an app).
    Crappy configuration changes (harder to find a setting).
    Crappy color scheme changes (How the heck to I get it to look more pleasing and better contrast)!

Why do they have to change this, I understand updates, but to keep changing the icons, menus and colors makes it very very hard to seamlessly accept updates. Where is the "Standards"? Apple I guess has something closer to right.

Hope now they never release it for my S7 Active.
    02-22-2017 07:45 AM
    Not completely the same specs. Physical buttons and larger battery for the obvious differences.

Also I just updated my Wife's S7 &, and it SUCKS!

Crappy icon changes (harder to find an app).
    Crappy configuration changes (harder to find a setting).
    Crappy color scheme changes (How the heck to I get it to look more pleasing and better contrast)!

Why do they have to change this, I understand updates, but to keep changing the icons, menus and colors makes it very very hard to seamlessly accept updates. Where is the "Standards"? Apple I guess has something closer to right.

Hope now they never release it for my S7 Active.
    WOW! I don't know what they did to the S7 but the change to my S7 Active was fairly seamless, other than the "Settings" menu - that was pretty drastic but I had already seen it when reading about the Pixel Phone by Google, so I knew what to expect! My icons are the same... I think I may have changed them when I got the phone though! Sorry you're not liking it!
    02-22-2017 12:04 PM
    It shows my baseband version as G891AUCS2AQA1.

Just for clarification purposes, the S7 active has the same specs as the S7 & S7 edge right? Why wouldn't they include the S7 active in the update group. It baffles me and aggravates me.

Sorry just venting lol
    jj, I'm going to PM "dogmatism" and see if he knows or can find out what the heck is going on with that build - it must be a newer one from AT&T that came after I upgraded to Nougat! I'll let you know...
    02-22-2017 12:05 PM
    Thank you!!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-22-2017 12:30 PM
    Thank you!!
    You are with AT&T, correct? If "yes", you have done "Software Updates", correct? I mean, now that I made that statement above, I want to be sure that I am correct! The letters themselves kind of spell it out anyway "AQA1" is newer than "APL1", which is what I was before upgrading to "BPL4" Nougat!
    02-22-2017 12:47 PM
    Yes, I am with ATT.
    I checked for software updates this morning as I do daily lol especially when an update is potentially in the air.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-22-2017 01:24 PM
    You have got to love it when they say:
    Android’s Settings menu has undergone a few tweaks that make it much easier to navigate and find what you need.
    The in the next breath say:
    Often times the fastest method is to use the search bar at the top, right of the screen.
    That was available before so why changing everything to make it much easier to navigate and find what you need an improvement, when now you can't find anything with out using the old Search Function?

Change for the sake of change, what a load of crap.
    02-22-2017 07:10 PM
    What Baseband version do you have? We should all be running the same at this point! I was G891AUCS2APL1 from AT&T and that's what they're updating from (or what I did anyway - there's a lot of stuff there in that list that'll confuse people but all you need is that last one that goes from APL1 to BPL4) I downloaded that zip file, put it in the root directory of my SD Card and then just used the phone's "Recovery Menu" to load it... didn't have to use Odin or any external crap! Twenty minutes (and then the obvious hour and a half of re-setting up a new phone after), but S-W-E-E-T!

Mods - I know, I know - too much info - I'll shut up now!
    So this works with every AT&T S7 Edge phone? I'm using a base band that is G891aucs2aqa1. Will this work for my phone? . I tried the update snd received some type of parsing message the update failed. Any idea on what I would use to update to Nugget?
    02-22-2017 09:08 PM
    So this works with every AT&T S7 Edge phone? I'm using a base band that is G891aucs2aqa1. Will this work for my phone? . I tried the update snd received some type of parsing message the update failed. Any idea on what I would use to update to Nugget?
    No, there seems to be an issue with your build! The update file is to go from G891AUCS2APL1 to G891AUCU2BPL4 which is Nougat. You can't just try to load that file on yours... it's expecting to see G891AUCS2APL1, not G891AUCS2AQA1! We're still kind of waiting for an answer as to what to do. It looks like you may have to use ODIN to Flash back to an earlier version of an AT&T OS and them come up to G891AUCS2APL1. Then you can load the Nougat update file. It's been a long time since I used the ODIN method but there's some pretty good instructions over on XDA Developers site that will walk you through it if you really want to go that way! https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...-root-t3473649
    02-23-2017 04:48 PM
    Thanks!!!!!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-24-2017 06:02 AM
    Thank you!!
    Thanks!!!!!
    Hey Guys, "Debian" has a file that supposedly converts directly from your AQA1 to the newest BQA7 Nougat file. Here's the link - he says "if anyone wants to test it so I'm not sure IF it's been done yet?" I'd just got to that post and follow from there. At least you know that there's some positive progress!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=130
    02-25-2017 02:50 PM
    Hey Guys, "Debian" has a file that supposedly converts directly from your AQA1 to the newest BQA7 Nougat file. Here's the link - he says "if anyone wants to test it so I'm not sure IF it's been done yet?" I'd just got to that post and follow from there. At least you know that there's some positive progress!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=130
    I tried it, but I get a E:/ signature verification failed.
    02-26-2017 07:51 PM
    If you can, run that one by the guys over on XDA... not quite sure why that would happen!
    02-26-2017 11:09 PM
    I think I will wait till AT&T sends it OTA lol
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:40 AM
    I think I will wait till AT&T sends it OTA lol
    Did you see the answer I got on XDA?

Question: "A friend of mine tried it and got "E:/ signature verification failed." Steve! ???"
    Answer: "I'll have to look at it again. Its an issue with my zip and the stock sammy recovery."

So it's obviously still a work in process... waiting may be a good idea if you rely on your phone! :-)
    02-27-2017 12:01 PM
    I asked - got this:

Question: "A friend of mine tried it and got "E:/ signature verification failed." Steve! ???"
    Answer: "I'll have to look at it again. Its an issue with my zip and the stock sammy recovery."

Cryptic enough... I don't get that deep into these things - I wish I did. I've serviced High end Diagnostic Imaging Equipment for 35 years and they are pretty complicated mechanically, electronically and software wise. Who would think a damned phone could be so different?
    02-27-2017 12:05 PM
    Did you see the answer I got on XDA?

So it's obviously still a work in process... waiting may be a good idea if you rely on your phone! :-)
    It seems like it may be fixed in a few days. Thanks for the feedback.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:11 PM
    It's so difficult to sit here and wait for nougat to be received on the Galaxy S7 active. If I had the Galaxy S6, S6 active, or something older then I could understand and respect the structure of seniority and how AT&T rolls out their software updates.

This is insane. The same model (S7& S7 edge) goes and gets the update and we are left waiting. The software for all S7's should have been developed and released at the same time despite the active having one extra button.

Not a happy camper.
    03-02-2017 08:57 AM
57 123