Anyone know how to fix this to stop the rebooting error?
    03-13-2017 10:58 AM
    It never finishes a boot and lets you log in?
    03-13-2017 12:32 PM
    It never finishes a boot and lets you log in?
    Not sure what you mean by not finishing a boot. Basically, my device does a soft restart every so often ever since I updated to Nougat. I would like to avoid doing a factory reset of the device if possible.
    03-13-2017 01:29 PM
    Not sure what you mean by not finishing a boot. Basically, my device does a soft restart every so often ever since I updated to Nougat. I would like to avoid doing a factory reset of the device if possible.
    O.K., so you can use the phone - it just decides to do a soft restart when and where IT pleases? If that's the case, then I'd first ask if you've tried to "Clear Cache" from the Recovery Menu? There may be a cruddy file there that's causing the restart... if you have already :-(
    03-13-2017 04:37 PM
    Check in your settings (settings, general management, reset) and verify auto restart isn't enabled.

Though based on your description, this doesn't seem to be the likely issue.
    03-13-2017 09:56 PM
    O.K., so you can use the phone - it just decides to do a soft restart when and where IT pleases? If that's the case, then I'd first ask if you've tried to "Clear Cache" from the Recovery Menu? There may be a cruddy file there that's causing the restart... if you have already :-(
    Yes, I can use the phone. I got the original phone is locking up problem cleared. Now it randomly (soft) restarts. It will do it even if I'm using the phone at the time. I don't know if it is on a set time interval, though. I don't the patience to time it.

I did clear the cache by holding vol up and home and power button. I scrolled to it via menu and selected clear cache. Didn't change anything. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I am hoping it is an app causing this. I don't want to do a factory reset if I can help it.
    03-14-2017 09:14 AM
    Check in your settings (settings, general management, reset) and verify auto restart isn't enabled.

Though based on your description, this doesn't seem to be the likely issue.
    Auto restart is off. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    03-14-2017 09:15 AM
    Yes, I can use the phone. I got the original phone is locking up problem cleared. Now it randomly (soft) restarts. It will do it even if I'm using the phone at the time. I don't know if it is on a set time interval, though. I don't the patience to time it.

I did clear the cache by holding vol up and home and power button. I scrolled to it via menu and selected clear cache. Didn't change anything. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I am hoping it is an app causing this. I don't want to do a factory reset if I can help it.
    I can't even think of a Diagnostic App that could actually capture that kind of data to let you know if it is an App that's causing it! Sorry... I'm out of ideas! A Factory Reset Sucks AND a Really Good Backup can sometimes Backup the problem!!! Ugh!
    03-15-2017 12:04 PM