AT and T just rolled out 7.0 for S7A

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Quick Setting, no longer quick.
Setting Menus all changed and less navigable.
Icons changed (harder ti identify)
Color/pallet monochromatic/washed-out and less pleasing.
On and on on less pleasing and harder to use.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Not quite sure why so many are not a fan of nougat. I for one am. Definitely better battery usage and control. Smoother, neater, and so on.
That's just my opinion but overall I have no complaints.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't followed it well. Anything specifically bad or good that I need to watch for?

Yes, don't just listen to one opinion - I love it. There are always those resistant to change! Once you flip through the new "Settings" menus a few times, calmly, with a positive attitude, you'll find that it's actually a very intuitive layout. The battery performance blows MM away and lag is all but non-existent now, as far as I can see. Again, in my honest opinion... :)

rstites38829

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing I noticed early on is that WiFi calling actually works now. I live in a low signal area paired with a metal roof home and this is a big help for me.

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
I've had much better WiFi calling with AT&T on the 6.01 than I ever had with Ver. Haven't seen a change in WiFi calling on my wife's S7, but her battery life is worse.

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Why would they re-name items like Airplane Mode and Flashlight to those dorky names?
Loosing the side scroll on the first pull down for settings stinks.
Dropping the settings selection on the Camera screen seems like a step backwards.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with their home button now? Mine takes 2-3 presses before it works.... could be coincidence, but it started this problem with the 7.0 update.