Refurbished S7

A

AC Question

I just purchased a refurbished S7 Active from Amazon. It's not a factory refurb, but it's a very high rated seller with lots of transaction. My concern is, if this phone has been taken apart to be repaired, how much do you think I can trust the waterproofing of this phone?

I was going to buy a waterproof case for that extra level of protection, but no one makes a waterproof case for the active since it's already rated as such. I kayak quite often and this thing is going to be in contact with water quite often!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You should note that the device is described as water "resistant" as opposed to water "proof". Vastly different.
Note also that warranty doesn't cover water immersion damage.
There are many posts around with disappointed peeps who drowned their expensive devices....

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You should note that the device is described as water "resistant" as opposed to water "proof". Vastly different.
Note also that warranty doesn't cover water immersion damage.
There are many posts around with disappointed peeps who drowned their expensive devices....

Tim is right - you see it all the time. The later Models, manufactured after (I think) June 2016, are supposed to be much better, but still not "proof". I saw a test video somewhere on Youtube where a guy actually was skipping the phone like a flat rock, over a salt marsh, three or four times and letting it sink like 12 or 14 inches each time. He then picked it up, stepped out of the salt marsh onto the beach, rinsed it in the waves and made a call! He never said what the phone DIDN'T do the next day, but I'm sure between the water AND the salt, that S7 Active was TOAST! You are better off getting a Water Proof, water tight Bag and keeping the phone in it while in the kayak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy