Just curious! I really want a Note 8 but wonder if it's worth it. And dang, that iPhone X! But I think I'm on the dark side for good...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-30-2017 09:50 AM
    I went with the Note 8, I love it, the S7 Active went to the wife, she likes the physical buttons, we got $300.00 trading her perfect condition S6 Active. My daughter traded in her S7 Active for an S8 Active, we got $300.00 dollars as well for a year-old phone with a cracked camera lens!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-10-2017 04:51 PM
    I went with the Note 8, I love it, the S7 Active went to the wife, she likes the physical buttons, we got $300.00 trading her perfect condition S6 Active. My daughter traded in her S7 Active for an S8 Active, we got $300.00 dollars as well for a year-old phone with a cracked camera lens!
    Note 8 here as well... thought about the S8 Active but one of the test I read said if you already have an S7 Active, there's no need to upgrade, so I listened and bought the Note 8. Plus, I had been waiting for it since they took away my Note 7 anyway! LOVE the phone... well worth it!
    10-12-2017 11:18 PM
    I figured as much. Well, I really want a note 8 but tell me this.... Is the lag as bad? That's the one thing that bugs me again and again. I hate the frequently laggy interface on my Active. Sometimes it's an app update (unbeknownst) to me and it'll lag all day, be hot to the touch, and nothing I can do will change it. Then, that night, I'll get a message saying facebook is now up to date. It's really annoying when I pick up my iPhone to use and it doesn't suffer the same problems, even though it's stuffed with DOD add-ons.

I'm also thinking hard about the new Pixel.
    10-13-2017 08:14 AM
    I figured as much. Well, I really want a note 8 but tell me this.... Is the lag as bad? That's the one thing that bugs me again and again. I hate the frequently laggy interface on my Active. Sometimes it's an app update (unbeknownst) to me and it'll lag all day, be hot to the touch, and nothing I can do will change it. Then, that night, I'll get a message saying facebook is now up to date. It's really annoying when I pick up my iPhone to use and it doesn't suffer the same problems, even though it's stuffed with DOD add-ons.

I'm also thinking hard about the new Pixel.
    Best thing to do is go to Verizon Store and play with all three for a couple of hours - Pixel 2 XL, maybe iPhone 8X and Note 8... then decide. It's YOU that has to live with it, not us. We may have different tolerances for how we handle the way our phones perform than you do so... try them out!
    10-14-2017 12:47 PM
    Well, I'm a few hours away from picking up my Note 8. I'm glad I waited because now there are several random bad reviews of the Pixel 2. The upgrade process was frustrating because ATT customer service was telling me one thing about the $300 trade in offer and the stores were telling me something different. The offer states you can apply the money to your account. Two different stores insisted it could only be used for tax and accessories. Even when I told them I was already paying the tax online. I don't need $300 worth of accessories. I finally had a cust service rep's manager call me and the store on 3 way and confirm I could get the money put on my account. So ridiculous. Now I've gotta decide if I want to trade my old iPhone 6 Plus or my Active!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-25-2017 02:12 PM
    Also picking up an iPhone 8 Plus for a Christmas present for one of my kids, so we'll see how that goes.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-25-2017 02:28 PM
    Long story short, the NOTE IS A BEAST!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:18 AM
    Long story short, the NOTE IS A BEAST!
    Congrats... really wanted to say that in Post #5 but didn't want to influence you and then have you get it not like it and then I'd feel like it was my fault for talking you into it! :-)
    10-31-2017 11:10 PM
    Man, this phone is everything Android and a Samsung phone should be. Excellent power management and battery life, beautiful screen, incredible camera, no lag.... took me a while to settle on a case, but otherwise...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-10-2017 05:34 PM