can my galaxy s7 active be rooted/network unlocked

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

im actually trying to figure out why my camera stopped working but gives me a message saying that its in use. i have takeing it to a couple of locale repair places but want non of them touch. they say its because once they open it,its no longer water proof. im not worried about that

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
S7 should still be under warranty I should think..?
Rooting and network unlocking are vastly different and neither will fix your camera issues I reckon.
Dial *#0*# which gets you into the service menu. You can test the hardware there. If it fails, take it to Samsung to fix. If not, then you have some software glitch.
First step I'd try is open settings... Camera...
Force stop the app, clear its cache and data. Reboot the app and see if it works. If not, try a cache partition wipe of the device. This usually fixes minor bugs. If this all fails, join the forums and we'll talk you through some more stuff you can try....
Good luck!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
S7 should still be under warranty I should think..?
Rooting and network unlocking are vastly different and neither will fix your camera issues I reckon.
Dial *#0*# which gets you into the service menu. You can test the hardware there. If it fails, take it to Samsung to fix. If not, then you have some software glitch.
First step I'd try is open settings... Camera...
Force stop the app, clear its cache and data. Reboot the app and see if it works. If not, try a cache partition wipe of the device. This usually fixes minor bugs. If this all fails, join the forums and we'll talk you through some more stuff you can try....
Good luck!

Thanks Tim - I really should resign as S7 Active Champion! My Galaxy S7 Active has been in it's box since I got my Note 8 in September and I haven't even given it a thought! Every once in a while, I notice the bookmark for this Forum and remember dammit, I'm supposed to be stopping in here on a regular basis!!! :-(

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Chuckles! We all have a life outside the forums mate. We are volunteers after all hey..
I'm sick of these delicate phones, considering the active variant S9 this year..

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Chuckles! We all have a life outside the forums mate. We are volunteers after all hey..
I'm sick of these delicate phones, considering the active variant S9 this year..
Yeah, I was about ready to get the S8 Active until I looked at one at the AT&T Store. My S7 Active had just been a stop Gap after I turned in my Note 7 but I really grew to like it. Once I saw the S8 Active and the Note 8 side by side, sorry... the Note 8 came home with me!!! The S8 is nothing like the S7 was for durability, in my opinion, so I can't imagine an S9 Active being any better.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm super gentle with my phones and yet my S8 has scratches all over it... They are far too delicate for real world use. Putting it in a case doesn't work for me as I have wireless chargers at home and in the car..

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm super gentle with my phones and yet my S8 has scratches all over it... They are far too delicate for real world use. Putting it in a case doesn't work for me as I have wireless chargers at home and in the car..
Cases work with wireless chargers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois