New Software update.....how to fix it..

kwikhotrod

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
New software update...March 15th 2018..
so far 3 things happen on my end are wi fi calling notifications and message screen / format and smiley / sticker icon.

I get annoying wi fi notification pop up every 30 minutes... I turn off via APPs setting, etc..no worky... contact AT&T........ AT&T turn it off for me.. so far problem solved.

My message screen is funky... I cannot insert background picture, changes text color or bubbles... AT&T said it is Samsung end...
How can I go back to previous message format or change existing color?

As for smiley / sticker icon... I don't really care for it... I am letting it go but would like to have background picture back.

MESSAGE VERSION 5.0.10.9

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. AT&T took care of.

2. You can't with the Samsung app, you'll have to find an SMS app that allows it, then make that your default SMS app. (If you back up your apps, you can uninstall the current one and install the older one.)

3. That's the new RCS format, the way Google has it implemented. Since it's a brand new protocol (most carriers don't even support it yet), either install another SMS app, or wait it out. (It's not that bad - back in 2003, we couldn't send MMS between carriers. We had to wait that out too. Now no one would believe it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2