skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
What does everyone think about Oreo?

I've noticed abnormal battery drain so far, but maybe it's me playing with the phone a little more.

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
As long as the damn phone leaves the location services off and I don't stay in a non AT&T Coverage Area I can easily get 48 hrs pre Oreo. Hopefully Oreo won't screw that up.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been using it for a few days. I got lower battery life, the updated camera app is faulty and doesn't recognize the Active Button like the previous versions, the Active Button now has additional functionality that is annoying as **** and should be disabled, and there's some weirdness with Google's Photo app that keeps it active and crashing, despite not being activated by me.

Ladyleo65

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
my videos won't upload to fcbk or instagram. and photos app keeps closing, can't open storage in device mgr. keeps closing. I hate when updates comes thru😤😱

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
One more annoying bonus I just got was a nice shock through my clothes courtesy of Fast Charging, which is automatically enabled by default in the new update. I had been charging the phone with FC on and then disconnected it after it was done and put it in my pants pocket about ten minutes later. Nothing was abnormal about the phone at that point and the phone felt normal. Then, while walking my dog, I felt a sharp tingling sensation on my thigh where the phone rested in the cargo shorts that I was wearing. I took the phone out and started rubbing my leg, thinking it was something else, but the sharp tingling kept coming back and it got stronger as time went on. So, I figured it must be discharge from the phone after noticing how warm the phone's body was, turned it off and put in my pocket, and kept walking my dog. The tingling went away, though I had a red irritation on my thigh for about half an hour. Now it's gone and the phone seems to be working normally. I disabled FC to keep it from happening again.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Some of the newer phones were released with Oreo already installed. After that, it has been a staggered rollout to other handsets depending on the carrier and how much testing they wanted to do and what kind of bloatware they wanted to insert.

KingKonga

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site
Alarms didnt go off, dialing someone failed, was just a nightmare so many settings too?. Why have notifications setting s upon more settings!! Nougat was fine, one setting per app! Anyhow i flashed and happy ! I'll just leave that silly notification at the top ignore it, in the settings. What happened to the " I dont want firmware??? just says download or later... pushy samsung!!!

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life seems worse, and they removed the ability to do custom AOD images, you have to get them from the store now. My old one got removed when I did a factory reset (to try to speed it back up from the update), and much to my dismay, I cannot get it back. I just jumped on here again, because my phone is installing another update, but don't see any info for it here.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
and there's some weirdness with Google's Photo app that keeps it active and crashing, despite not being activated by me.

Crap, mine does that too. Have you been able to figure out how to stop this from happening?

I notice that it is trying to backup some photos to the cloud, but it never stops "rotating."

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Crap, mine does that too. Have you been able to figure out how to stop this from happening?

I notice that it is trying to backup some photos to the cloud, but it never stops "rotating."

I just deleted the app since it wouldn't behave itself. It's not like I actually use Google's photo backup anyway, so it won't be missed.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
AOD custom images are back in latest update for the Samsung app. Also, just installed a decent size update, but it still says Android 8.0.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae