Yah! Oreo is finally here!!!
    06-20-2018 09:11 AM
    Can I get some ice cold milk with that?
    06-20-2018 10:24 AM
    Can confirm on AT&T in the US... Downloading now! Thanks OP!
    pkcable likes this.
    06-20-2018 12:16 PM
    Well crap There goes my individual user Message Tones!
    06-20-2018 07:46 PM
    What does everyone think about Oreo?

I've noticed abnormal battery drain so far, but maybe it's me playing with the phone a little more.
    06-21-2018 03:47 PM
    What does everyone think about Oreo?

I've noticed abnormal battery drain so far, but maybe it's me playing with the phone a little more.
    I was at 46 hours of battery on a full charge and after the update it's about half of that. Not good
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    06-23-2018 10:49 AM
    I was at 46 hours of battery on a full charge and after the update it's about half of that. Not good
    I haven't got 46 hrs since my flip phone days.
    11B1P likes this.
    06-23-2018 12:05 PM
    As long as the damn phone leaves the location services off and I don't stay in a non AT&T Coverage Area I can easily get 48 hrs pre Oreo. Hopefully Oreo won't screw that up.
    06-24-2018 11:28 AM
    Well crap There goes my individual user Message Tones!
    Yeah, it has been discussed alot for some time now
    06-24-2018 12:07 PM
    I've been using it for a few days. I got lower battery life, the updated camera app is faulty and doesn't recognize the Active Button like the previous versions, the Active Button now has additional functionality that is annoying as **** and should be disabled, and there's some weirdness with Google's Photo app that keeps it active and crashing, despite not being activated by me.
    06-27-2018 03:21 PM
    my videos won't upload to fcbk or instagram. and photos app keeps closing, can't open storage in device mgr. keeps closing. I hate when updates comes thru😤😱
    06-27-2018 05:28 PM
    One more annoying bonus I just got was a nice shock through my clothes courtesy of Fast Charging, which is automatically enabled by default in the new update. I had been charging the phone with FC on and then disconnected it after it was done and put it in my pants pocket about ten minutes later. Nothing was abnormal about the phone at that point and the phone felt normal. Then, while walking my dog, I felt a sharp tingling sensation on my thigh where the phone rested in the cargo shorts that I was wearing. I took the phone out and started rubbing my leg, thinking it was something else, but the sharp tingling kept coming back and it got stronger as time went on. So, I figured it must be discharge from the phone after noticing how warm the phone's body was, turned it off and put in my pocket, and kept walking my dog. The tingling went away, though I had a red irritation on my thigh for about half an hour. Now it's gone and the phone seems to be working normally. I disabled FC to keep it from happening again.
    06-27-2018 09:46 PM
    Yah! Oreo is finally here!!!
    I thought it was released way back in August 2017?

P.S. - New to Android here coming from Apple so am I missing something?
    07-25-2018 01:40 PM
    Some of the newer phones were released with Oreo already installed. After that, it has been a staggered rollout to other handsets depending on the carrier and how much testing they wanted to do and what kind of bloatware they wanted to insert.
    07-27-2018 11:35 PM
    Alarms didnt go off, dialing someone failed, was just a nightmare so many settings too?. Why have notifications setting s upon more settings!! Nougat was fine, one setting per app! Anyhow i flashed and happy ! I'll just leave that silly notification at the top ignore it, in the settings. What happened to the " I dont want firmware??? just says download or later... pushy samsung!!!
    08-01-2018 11:44 PM
    My battery life seems worse, and they removed the ability to do custom AOD images, you have to get them from the store now. My old one got removed when I did a factory reset (to try to speed it back up from the update), and much to my dismay, I cannot get it back. I just jumped on here again, because my phone is installing another update, but don't see any info for it here.
    08-14-2018 09:26 AM
    and there's some weirdness with Google's Photo app that keeps it active and crashing, despite not being activated by me.
    Crap, mine does that too. Have you been able to figure out how to stop this from happening?

I notice that it is trying to backup some photos to the cloud, but it never stops "rotating."
    08-14-2018 03:46 PM
    AT&T put out a security update yesterday. Still no fixes for the core ROM defects that came with 8.0's upgrade.
    08-17-2018 11:55 AM
    Crap, mine does that too. Have you been able to figure out how to stop this from happening?

I notice that it is trying to backup some photos to the cloud, but it never stops "rotating."
    I just deleted the app since it wouldn't behave itself. It's not like I actually use Google's photo backup anyway, so it won't be missed.
    08-17-2018 11:56 AM
    AOD custom images are back in latest update for the Samsung app. Also, just installed a decent size update, but it still says Android 8.0.0
    10-31-2018 09:48 AM
    Despite multiple cache wipes and 2 factory resets Android System still uses more battery than the screen does! Started with the Oreo update and I've tried everything google search can show me to fix it. It seems there's a lot of people with S7 (not just the Active) that have the same problem. I'm looking at rolling back to Nougat (v7) now, Oreo has been nothing but a problem.
    12-19-2018 02:40 PM
    It is possible for an OTA to quietly mangle everything on a phone.
    I was really amazed when I downloaded a free trial of GlassWire, which sits in the background and reports every task that reaches out over the Wifi or cellular connection--secretly stealing power. That's a good way to see one major source of power drains. I'm also (no longer) constantly amazed at the Amazon apps, where every upgrade turns on new notifications and finds new ways to check for updates, all by itself, even when you've previously turned them off.
    12-19-2018 05:20 PM