Looking for advice for a couple of small christmas stocking gifts

lvirden

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
1. What is the largest SD card that a Galaxy S7 Active can use - and what brand will last the longest and is the fastest?
2. What is the biggest fastest "pocket" battery charger for use with a Galaxy S7 Active? Right now, the car charger isn't charging fast enough...

Thank you for your advice :confused:

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
(I am not an S7 user, so take this with a grain of salt)

1) The phone 'should' be able to use a 200gb card according to specs. Sandisk makes at least one 200gb card but the compatibility finder on their site lists only up to 128gb cards for an S7.

I like the Samsung Evo Select (green) cards from Amazon. 32 and 64gb cards I gifted a few years back still work on friends devices, I love my 128 cards. Not the fastest but they are 'fast' enough for 4k video playback on my Win 10 tablet. Current cards are u3 speed rated 100 read 90 write. Samsung Evo Plus (red) are rated the same, just that the 'green' ones are Amazon exclusives and often cheaper.

$20 for a 128gb right now at Amazon. (link) Both U1 (class 10) and U3 are 4k video rated, though U3 is faster if you're looking at another card.

2 Not sure about car chargers, but this Android Central post of S9 car chargers should have something that should work. You could go with a Qi charger mount for the car like one from iOttie Amazon link for around $50 if you wanted to be different.

(edit - Sorry, you asked about portable USB chargers, aside from Anker, I don't have much experience with them. I use my old Nexus 6P USB-C charger on a 115v AC outlet in my car for my newer Pixel for 'fast' charging)
Hope it helps

Last edited:

lvirden

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the thoughtfulness. I keep hearing anker as a positive reference. I have tried no-name brand small pocket chargers (very low amount of charge stored) and they don't really charge a phone in use. She uses her phone with google maps a lot, and that uses the battery pretty quickly. Several car chargers have been tried, but they barely keep up with the use and no improvement of the battery level occurs unless the phone is turned off... not very good for navigation. I am hoping something like the anker, etc. would take care of that issue.
Anyways, thank you again. It is a pleasure finding a forum where answers are concise and come quickly!