Hi all,

I'm finally upgrading from the S6 Active to the S7 Active (got tired of not having expandable memory, plus the extra GB of RAM is a nice bonus).... After looking through a couple of phones, I finally went with the S7 Active.

On my 6, I never added a case or screen protector, and while it has been dropped a number of times, both the case and phone are in great condition. Granted, I got the Active more due to clumsiness than outdoor protection.

So, the question - for general "daily driver" use, and the normal bumps and tumbles that occur with a phone, is a case/screen protector necessary? Or can the S7 handle the everyday bumps without extra protection.

Thanks!
    03-04-2019 08:24 PM
    Did some research and found the following info:

Cases seem like overkill, unless you are trying to protect the back and edges from scuffs when they drop.

For the screen, it doesn't look like shattering is an issue, but the polycarbonite layer used to help with preventing shatter may scratch easily, so a screen protector might be worthwhile.
    03-06-2019 10:55 AM