How to reliably root Samsung Galaxy S7 active?

Gorand97

Jul 21, 2019
Visit site
I rooted a Nexus phone with very little trouble. I used computer software. This S7 active is a bit harder to root. The apps I've tried can't seem to get the job done.
Can anybody show me a reliable solution to the problem?
Thanks, Mitch

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I rooted a Nexus phone with very little trouble. I used computer software. This S7 active is a bit harder to root. The apps I've tried can't seem to get the job done.
Can anybody show me a reliable solution to the problem?
Thanks, Mitch
Hi , if can register a account here , so me or other members be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here .
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I rooted a Nexus with no problems using a computer. Seems the S7 active is a horse of a different color. The 5 app I tried couldn't get the job done.

Is there someone that has a reliable root process for this S7 active?
Thanks
Hi thanks for registering
What's the model number and build see if ones available?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There doesn't appear to be any successful way of rooting the S7 Active, even if it's not a US variant, because there doesn't appear to be a TWRP version for it. If you can find TWRP for it, google s7 active root, and you can find a few ways of installing Magisk (the best way) or SuperSU.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Pokemon Go forum (not sure why it was there) to the S7 active forum for more specific traffic.

FlashDeCrash

Nov 11, 2019
Visit site
I had to use OneClickRoot. It takes them 45 minutes to a hour to complete the process. Bought a years subscription. Have call them a number of times in the last year. Also use Wondershare's Mobile Go to connect phone to PC. One person is rooting more than one phone at a time is the reason it takes so long.
FlashDeCrash

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had to use OneClickRoot. It takes them 45 minutes to a hour to complete the process. Bought a years subscription. Have call them a number of times in the last year. Also use Wondershare's Mobile Go to connect phone to PC. One person is rooting more than one phone at a time is the reason it takes so long.
FlashDeCrash
Doesn't one-click root charge for their service?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
OneClickRoot does a bit more than rooting - it leaves the system in a bit of a mess. (Most older rooting methods, other than SuperSU, do.) Magisk is the preferred rooting method now - it only modifies the boot file, which can be replaced with the stock boot file to totally unroot the phone. (And there are a few dozen modules that people find handy or useful.)