I rooted a Nexus phone with very little trouble. I used computer software. This S7 active is a bit harder to root. The apps I've tried can't seem to get the job done.
    Can anybody show me a reliable solution to the problem?
    Thanks, Mitch
    07-21-2019 10:39 AM
    I rooted a Nexus phone with very little trouble. I used computer software. This S7 active is a bit harder to root. The apps I've tried can't seem to get the job done.
    Can anybody show me a reliable solution to the problem?
    Thanks, Mitch
    Hi , if can register a account here , so me or other members be happy to assist you.
    I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-21-2019 11:52 AM
    I rooted a Nexus with no problems using a computer. Seems the S7 active is a horse of a different color. The 5 app I tried couldn't get the job done.

Is there someone that has a reliable root process for this S7 active?
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for registering
    What's the model number and build see if ones available?
    07-21-2019 07:41 PM
    There doesn't appear to be any successful way of rooting the S7 Active, even if it's not a US variant, because there doesn't appear to be a TWRP version for it. If you can find TWRP for it, google s7 active root, and you can find a few ways of installing Magisk (the best way) or SuperSU.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-29-2019 05:17 PM
    I moved this from the Pokemon Go forum (not sure why it was there) to the S7 active forum for more specific traffic.
    08-22-2019 02:42 AM
    I had to use OneClickRoot. It takes them 45 minutes to a hour to complete the process. Bought a years subscription. Have call them a number of times in the last year. Also use Wondershare's Mobile Go to connect phone to PC. One person is rooting more than one phone at a time is the reason it takes so long.
    FlashDeCrash
    11-11-2019 11:19 AM
    I had to use OneClickRoot. It takes them 45 minutes to a hour to complete the process. Bought a years subscription. Have call them a number of times in the last year. Also use Wondershare's Mobile Go to connect phone to PC. One person is rooting more than one phone at a time is the reason it takes so long.
    FlashDeCrash
    Doesn't one-click root charge for their service?
    11-11-2019 11:23 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    11-17-2019 12:31 AM
    OneClickRoot does a bit more than rooting - it leaves the system in a bit of a mess. (Most older rooting methods, other than SuperSU, do.) Magisk is the preferred rooting method now - it only modifies the boot file, which can be replaced with the stock boot file to totally unroot the phone. (And there are a few dozen modules that people find handy or useful.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 03:28 PM