Samsung Galaxy S7 Keyboard cover - scandinavian symbols

Ville Hiivola

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey,
Just bought this phone and was looking into buying the keyboard cover -attachment to it.
Now it looks like i cannot find one with scandinavian symbols (ÄÖ) already on it, but i was thinking if its possible to reassign keys for them on the cover? Like finqwerty does for blackberry phones.. Would be easy to use if it was the same ones as there, $ for Ä and other caps key for Ö.
Please, let me know if anyone has a solution for this?
Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Any physical keyboard will act as it is set up in the language set on the phone. If the language is Scandinavian on your phone, then it will take any wired or BT Keyboard (unless noted differently on your keyboard app) to be one with said language's standard layout, even if the printed keys do not reflect those symbols/letters.

Also, a keyboard cover for a PHONE? Either the keyboard will be incredibly tiny and uncomfortable to type on or will just add unnecessary thickness and potential for screen scratches to your device. I recommend you, instead, purchase a portable BT Keyboard (foldable, perhaps) that allows you to still have portability but retain a little bit of a better typing area and is not necessarily permanently attached to your device.

Ville Hiivola

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Any physical keyboard will act as it is set up in the language set on the phone. If the language is Scandinavian on your phone, then it will take any wired or BT Keyboard (unless noted differently on your keyboard app) to be one with said language's standard layout, even if the printed keys do not reflect those symbols/letters.

Also, a keyboard cover for a PHONE? Either the keyboard will be incredibly tiny and uncomfortable to type on or will just add unnecessary thickness and potential for screen scratches to your device. I recommend you, instead, purchase a portable BT Keyboard (foldable, perhaps) that allows you to still have portability but retain a little bit of a better typing area and is not necessarily permanently attached to your device.

Ok, thanks. Yeah that sounds about right, so then the keys should be in the same place as they are on the screen keyboard.
Now, the reason I'm considering this is I just haven't been to able to find a phone with a good enough physical keyboard. Fxtec pro1 would be propably the best option with big wide keyboard, but the price is just way out of my budget right now..
I think a keyboard would need to be attached to the phone or to the cover to work on a day to day basis.. I just can't imagine using a separate keyboard for daily texts etc.. If anyone knows a good option for the keyboard cover, let me know?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a note on that, the keys won't necessarily be as they are on the screen...they will be as they are on a STANDARD physical keyboard layout for that language (which may or not be the same layout as shown on screen for sizing purposes).

Ville Hiivola

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Just a note on that, the keys won't necessarily be as they are on the screen...they will be as they are on a STANDARD physical keyboard layout for that language (which may or not be the same layout as shown on screen for sizing purposes).

Ah, yes. Since there aren't as many keys on the physical keyboard.. That's what I'm wondering, where the scandinavian symbols are on the physical keyboard..? I haven't been able to find a version of the keyboard cover with them, or a picture so I could see where they are.. I did find a picture of the galaxy s8+ keyboard which had them. I think Ä and Ö were on the A and O, accessible via shift if I remember correctly..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That would be on whatever key combination the symbols would be accessed on a regular Scandinavian physical keyboard.

For instance,on an English keyboard the @ sign is accessed via SHIFT + 2, while the same keyboard, if set to Spanish, would then require SHIFT + Q to produce the same symbol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol