What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S7?

runbikeswimfly

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter series. Had it a few days now. Smooth enough on the top and back to go easily in and out of the pocket. Nice rubber corners so you don't drop it. Seems to have a good amount of shock absorption from the soft rubber inside but still reasonably thin enough to feel comfortable in the pocket. Nowhere near as thin as it is without the case of course, but well worth the compromise I think.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
After I set up my AT&T gold platinum GS7 that I got yesterday, I am slapping an Otterbox Defender case on it. I hope to have time to do a review video.

Posted via the Android Central App

sunni12

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 Cases

Still looking for cases for the S7 and searching these forums, thanks to all for posting reviews and pics of your cases for the S7 and S7 Edge!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
After I set up my AT&T gold platinum GS7 that I got yesterday, I am slapping an Otterbox Defender case on it. I hope to have time to do a review video.

Posted via the Android Central App

Didn't you have a Note 5 too? how do you like the S7 compared to note 5?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just saw where they make a slim armor with kickstand and I like it cause of more colors to choose from a violet and shimmering white I like. Anyone used one and is it good? I also can get the casemate one my husband has with kickstand for 40% off it's black and grey I think.

I figured I'll try the Spigen Rugged Armor with Kickstand.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the Spigen slim armor with the kickstand on Amazon for the edge. Their website has it for $29.99

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the Spigen slim armor with the kickstand on Amazon for the edge. Their website has it for $29.99

I saw it in Fry's electronics today. Worth the trip if you have one near you.

Luckily for me they also had it in the S7 version which I bought on the spot. I love it. It was only 20 bucks, feels great in my hand and looks better than the picture on the box. In fact it matches the gold on my phone perfectly and looks just beautiful.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Twenty bucks wow it's $29.99 on their website but I either want the violet or shimmering white I can't decide. I've never had Spigen before. Usually we do Seidio but they are always late in the game here lately..

I saw it in Fry's electronics today. Worth the trip if you have one near you.

Luckily for me they also had it in the S7 version which I bought on the spot. I love it. It was only 20 bucks, feels great in my hand and looks better than the picture on the box. In fact it matches the gold on my phone perfectly and looks just beautiful.

View attachment 221320

umair07

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'll go with the transparent one if I've to choose one. Otherwise for me, it's better cover-less as it's water proof. Only issue could be the shattering of glass on back as well as front.

CobaDarkn3ss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My favorite cases that I have used on my S6 are either the Otterbox Symmetry or the slimmer Pelican case. I can only assume that once I eventually get the S7, that won't change.

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I dislike cases due to the bulk, but with the glass front/back, this phone is slippery, so I knew I needed something. My biggest concerns was it fitting in my car holster (didn't want to purchase another one of those too) and adding too much bulk.

I initially purchased the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal but instantly disliked how bulky it was. The lip was really high, I had issues moving apps from one screen to another. Overall though, if I was looking for protection, nice case, looked great, seemed like good quality. Not easy to get on/off, but sometimes, that's what makes it great.

I ended up buying the Spigen Thin Fit. Can't say there's any protection with it, only that it's grippy so I won't drop it. But like I said, I was looking for minimal bulk. I like that the top/bottom doesn't have the lip (stuff won't collect under the lips and scratch the screen - have had that happen before). I also like that all the buttons and ports aren't recessed. But the biggest reason I like it, even with the case, it's still more narrow than my naked S5 and also thinner (I had the wireless case on the back).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles