What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S7?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone found a case with no lip protection. ? I hate feeling a case when I reach the edge of the screen. I just want to protect the back and corners. Can't find anything that doesn't over hang the screen.
It's case free until I can find one.

Thanks

Russ

Agree with this. I'm also case free at the moment due to this. This is the closest to what I want, but looks like it has that "lip protection".
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spigen...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5144734

Although I'm not sure how it really affects usability, I have at least one app which you have to swipe from the right/left edges to access menus. I can see this "lip protection" making things a bit difficult.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been in love with my rose gold tech 21 case... this case gives an awesome color and added protection

Posted via the Android Central App

stefanoooo

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I bought this new product online for my partner’s smartphone: i-Wipe, which basically is a cover that helps to keep clean the screen with a microfiber. It has arrived last week and looks very nice. The material is good material (I hate poor materials!) and the wiper works really very well. I will post some pics asap.

Home eng - i-Wipe

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid ... A tiny bit slippery, looks nice, tight fit, but a bear to get phone into ... and .. something to consider ... Gear VR needs you to take it back out ... I may end up putting it back into my Incipio Dual Pro which also is a nice case with a soft touch finish

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
While I usually rock my phones naked, given this is the first aluminum/glass phone I've had, I chose to give it a bit of shock resistance. One the black S7, I think the Spigen Rugged Armor case (black) is the sexiest case I've seen on a black phone.

Just some feedback on the S7 Spigen Rugged Armor case - it's quite slippery and not great for one-handed use. If you never or rarely use your phone one-handed, then this is a good overall case. However, I suspect many people who get the S7 will frequently use it one-handed, so I can't recommend this Rugged Armor case.

Hawgfan486

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Just some feedback on the S7 Spigen Rugged Armor case - it's quite slippery and not great for one-handed use.* If you never or rarely use your phone one-handed, then this is a good overall case.* However, I suspect many people who get the S7 will frequently use it one-handed, so I can't recommend this Rugged Armor case.

Same thing with the Spigen Tough Armor. Extremely slippery. I tried it out for awhile but ended up returning it because of how slick it was and constantly being afraid of dropping it.

Also tried a Lifeproof for awhile, but I can't stand the plastic screen cover. It takes away from the beauty of the screen. Also it's a bit too bulky for me. Though they are definitely the best for all around protection, I think a Lifeproof case for a phone that's already waterproof by itself is a bit overkill. No need for a sealed case, so no need for a plastic screen cover in my opinion.

Picked up a UAG case, red magma color, and I'm loving it. Surprisingly slim yet offers good protection. Looks awesome and has good grip. Much better than the Spigen and I prefer it over the Lifeproof because of the reasons I stated above

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here are some pictures of my S7 in the Otterbox Defender case, stock screen protector removed and Zagg Curved installed.

Come on, let's get this case thread rolling with some pictures of your phone in your favorite cases. :D

def01.jpgdef02.jpgdef03.jpgdef04.jpgdef05.jpgdef06.jpgdef07.jpg

Luis Miguel Batista

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Here are some pictures of my S7 in the Otterbox Defender case, stock screen protector removed and Zagg Curved installed.

Come on, let's get this case thread rolling with some pictures of your phone in your favorite cases. :D

nice! Does the glass protector work well with that case? Dont lift it?
im looking for that combination of a nice slim case and a glass protector.
Just order the Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass Screen Protector...

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
nice! Does the glass protector work well with that case? Dont lift it?
im looking for that combination of a nice slim case and a glass protector.
Just order the Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass Screen Protector...

The face plate of the Defender holds the Zagg Curve glass down very nice. The problem is with the glass it's self. The touch sensitivity is bad, hard to pull down the notification shade and the Samsung Pay tab at the bottom is almost impossible to slide up. Otherwise a good combination.
The Zagg Curve does not work well with other cases though. :'(

chbaker21

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello, first time poster here. I'm planning on upgrading to an s7 (non-edge) soon and have started the process of case hunting and these forums have been really helpful. So far I've narrowed down the options I like to the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Caseology Parallax (which from what I can tell is the same as the Wavelength with just a different texture pattern on the back). Both of these cases are pretty similar in design so I guess the main thing I was wondering is if anyone could attest to the quality differences between these two brands? Most of the reviews I see on amazon and such seem like they were posted right after they got the case, so I haven't seen much when it comes to first hand accounts of the drop protection or construction quality under daily use conditions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc