What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S7?

Luis Miguel Batista

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
thanks.
will order some on ebay.
just order a few cheap cases, some slim others more bulky. Lets see if they work with my Ultimate Shield glass screen protector...
for know i install a protector film on the back and sides just to protect from scratches. Let the phone drop yesterday and get 2 chops on the right side. For the price, seems to be fairy delicate body material...

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
There are so many great cases for this device. I'm about to order one for my girlfriend and this thread is going to help me pick the right case :)

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the Cimo for my regular S7, I really like it. I'm not one for bulky cases, it just destroys the feel of the phone IMO and I'd rather take the chance on a slim fit case. I had one on my LG G4 for over a year and it held up fine and I work construction.

Anyway, it has a nice rubbery feel without being too "sticky" like some others. I do feel it'll have some give when the phone gets dropped so there is a measure of protection as far as I can tell. Time will tell for sure. It goes in and out of the pocket smooth and feels nice in the hand.

I have the matte version...very much recommend to those who like slim cases.
https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Cimo-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5280373

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a purple wave Cimo on my M9 loved it. My friend who is on my cellphone account just upgraded from the S5 to the S7. I have the edge. Trying to find her a good case/protector at a reasonable price that works well. Groupon has lots and I am wondering if this battery case is any good. I always go to Amazon to see if they also have what Groupon has to read review and their aren't any. I have a $10 Amazon gift card so I may try it

https://www.amazon.com/TAMO-Samsung...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5375973

I have the Cimo for my regular S7, I really like it. I'm not one for bulky cases, it just destroys the feel of the phone IMO and I'd rather take the chance on a slim fit case. I had one on my LG G4 for over a year and it held up fine and I work construction.

Anyway, it has a nice rubbery feel without being too "sticky" like some others. I do feel it'll have some give when the phone gets dropped so there is a measure of protection as far as I can tell. Time will tell for sure. It goes in and out of the pocket smooth and feels nice in the hand.

I have the matte version...very much recommend to those who like slim cases.
https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Cimo-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5375973

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I had a purple wave Cimo on my M9 loved it. My friend who is on my cellphone account just upgraded from the S5 to the S7. I have the edge. Trying to find her a good case/protector at a reasonable price that works well. Groupon has lots and I am wondering if this battery case is any good. I always go to Amazon to see if they also have what Groupon has to read review and their aren't any. I have a $10 Amazon gift card so I may try it

https://www.amazon.com/TAMO-Samsung...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5446034

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I use the Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Clear. Both are drop rated with good grip and minimal drag in and out od pockets.

The Clear is only rated at a 4 ft drop and has survived two 3.5 ft drops onto ceramic floor.

Tried the Casemate tough but the separate buttons are much too responsive.

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a similar boat to a previous poster, about thinking of upgrading to the S7 today and considering my case options.

Before my LG G4 I really liked the heavier duty Seidio cases. If something as delicate as the LG G4 got by in the basic LG circle case, the S7 should be a hardier phone, right?
I definitely want a tested 6 foot drop minimum, I hate insurance replacements, never as good as new or even my used. I use ghost armor, so I know what I'll have on the screen.

I narrowed in on the lifeproof, otterbox (defender?), Seidio Dilex, UAG, Zizo, Griffin

Lifeproof: Is it really the most protection. I don't like bulk, built in screen (Ghost Armor for me), really expensive, reports of port problems, and for shallow swimming, rain, etc., I still stick in the right kind of bag. This really seems overkill (although when my sister upgrades, I'm totally recommending this to her). I'm not feeling the 'toy' or color combinations.

otterbox, always hear good things, not real excited, might be the way to go this time? seems legit for commuter, just not exciting, medium cost Seems like they messed up the defender model, though :(

Seidio Dilex (the other model isn't as good of drop protection). Kind of pricey, I've always loved the kickstand, had good luck with these cases, just never got around to getting one for my LG G4. I don't like paying extra $10 for their new pattern tech, but I like how it looks, just would like to see some reviews.

UAG - was on board, until I saw the too slippery comment. I have small hands and lots of one handed use, including the standing on transit scenarios. I wish the phone was 4.7" not 5.1" Is it enough protection?

Zizo - like the look, but maybe looks to cheap\plastic and seems like a you get what you pay for, which isn't really good protection.

Griffin does have a survivor case for this model, but I don't like their look or their bulk, but good for daily drops (I know people who swear by them) and why pay extra and not get the waterproofing the model should have due to a camera area design issue.

Last edited:

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the Seidio Dilex Kryptek Pontius design with the holster combo (they had a 30% off BF weekend coupon and if you want the holster, you buy it 1/3 price, when you buy the case). It is everything, I missed since the last time I had a Seidio, maybe a little more and I think I will be long term happy with this case for the next two years. It has a lovely soft pet-able grip matte texture. It provides a very nice protect the damn raised glass bumper. It has color, while being elegant. I expect the magnetic kickstand might give me some wireless troubles, when I finally get a wireless charger. When I saw it in pictures I didn't like the corner things, but now that I have it, I see how they give extra corner protection, they help with one handed grip and if I was into phone charms, they provide a lot of holes. I'm on a budget right now, so I wish I could have gotten the cheapest boring plain color, instead of the premium Kryptek, but Dilex only came in Kryptek.
CST5SSGS7K-K4_11.jpg
Is there a way to shrink that image?

Last edited:

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
If you google search the image . . Anyways, it appears to be a Caseology case and that design is called ' Wavelength series ' (They make them for S7, not just edge) . It is on Amazon. Reminds me, how one of the cases I liked and considered for minimalist protection was the kevlar woven back, texture wise, anyways (although it costs more and claims military drop rating). Caseology looks possibly good for minimalist case with grip and scuff protection and a face first bezel and general bumper. Would be better to hear from someone who has one, though. I'm still happy with my Seidio, but it hasn't been that long for me.