What microSD card are you buying for your S7?

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys, just wondering how important the r/w speeds are for memory cards. Is there a noticeable difference in taking pics or recording videos? How about playing back media? I see cards with 20MB r/w and others 70-90MB r/w. Would you sacrifice speed for storage and save money? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt chance it.. card are not that expensive and the good ones go on sale all the time. Stick with the name bands with good reviews. anything could go wrong but but with tons of family pictures its something I dont want to mess with. Always backup..

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I preordered from Best Buy just to get the 64gb card. I think the 64 plus 32 phone storage should be good for now!

Ditto on the Best Buy free card. I have no plans to record 4K video, and my old phone was OK with 16GB internal and a 32GB card, so the free 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 card should hold me for a while.

Really liking my edge so far. Even got it early enough to take advantage of the free charger offer for signing up to Samsung Pay.

cdjohnson25

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Ditto on the Best Buy free card. I have no plans to record 4K video, and my old phone was OK with 16GB internal and a 32GB card, so the free 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 card should hold me for a while.

Really liking my edge so far. Even got it early enough to take advantage of the free charger offer for signing up to Samsung Pay.
f521f720e21b8e4edf02a2c44d497bc3.jpg

Picked up max storage for our S7 and S7E from Amazon

pookadoo77

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies!! Been awhile since I bought a SD card and there are so many factors to them it seems, speeds, class, etc.... So..........I ended up getting a Samsung Evo + 128 Gig. Hopefully it will be good enough. So far lightning fast pics etc....

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Pro Plus 128 GB. Fastest UHS-I U-3 card on the market and it's on sale right now on both Samsung's site and Best Buy for $89.99. They'll price match in store so I went and picked one up yesterday.

Same here. Extremely happy. At my best buy they were not with Samsung display they were with the go pro displays.

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
evo+ is fine.. I have the 128gig.. its not a pro+ but it doesnt need to be.. its more then enough to handle 4K recording and burst shots are sent to internal storage. Anything else is just tech hard ons

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I got this one too. Very happy with it. Note: There are quite a few "fast" SD Cards out there. However, many of them are only fast when it comes to READs and are much slower when it comes to WRITEs. This card is fast for both.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys, just wondering how important the r/w speeds are for memory cards. Is there a noticeable difference in taking pics or recording videos? How about playing back media? I see cards with 20MB r/w and others 70-90MB r/w. Would you sacrifice speed for storage and save money? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

There's usually no noticeable performance difference between most of the cards on the market unless you'll be recording 4K video. Some of the slower cards might have trouble writing to them with 4K video.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21