Glass Screen Protectors

Ruikee

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I pre ordered the zagg glass for the s7. It came together. Installed it and the edges of the S7 are tapered slightly so the glass has a gap around the edge. Emailed zagg and they said they were not aware of the issue. I visited bestbuy yesterday, and apparently alot of customers are complaining as well after bestbuy installs them for the customer. One of the reps said an email came to the stores from zagg saying they were working on the issue. So they are aware of it...

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Bodyguardz has the same issues. I bought one at ATT store and the installed it, but gave me my money back since it wouldn't completely adhere. Zagg, according to their website is making a curved glass protector to fit the S7 exactly. I just have a good case on it for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found one. I bought one from DN-Technology on Amazon UK and it's utter sh*t too.
The glass isn't curved as the screen on the S7 and so when you place it it will give you a halo around the entire glass screen because the borders are raised.
I've seen on eBay and Amazon some new "curved glass" ones but haven't bought any.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's frustrating. Either I have to buy the plastic ones or use this tempered glass that had air gaps on the side.

I know I've said I could get the sup case beetle pro but I don't want to be stuck with one case

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've tried yet another brand - savvies - and this time around the screen protector didn't have an halo caused by the gaps...because it simply was not large enough to even cover the display from side to side.

I'm now on my third attempt, this time I got this one https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0...1&tag=tech0ae4-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5071119
It's supposed to have a curve and I've seen some other screen protectors who also claim that they protect 100% of the screen because they have that curve.
We'll see how this one plays out once it gets shipped and arrives.

(Honestly, I'm only even trying to get a screen protector because I was warned ad nauseam by the Samsung rep that the S7 was really fragile - and so they wanted me to pay another 200€ for an extra "warranty". I've never used screen protectors on my 15 years with Nokia phones, neither on the Z3C. The G4 has the original "protector" that comes from factory (as does the S7) but that's because I never ended up spending enough time with it as daily driver to need to remove it.

Christopher Meinck

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I ordered this full screen coverage protector from eBay. It's shipping from China, so I'm weeks away from finding out if it's any good or not. For now, I'm dealing with the gaps and have my phone in a UAG case. Even the plastic PET film protectors are suffering from issues with the curved screen. I'd like to be able to move to this Bear Motion case, but not doing that without something protecting the display. I like the grip of the Bear Motion over the UAG. The UAG is light and has a good feel, but not as tacky as the Bear Motion.

I wonder if at some point it would just be cheaper to invest in Samsung's Protection plan. If I didn't switch phones so often, I'd probably already have done that.

joymariah041

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm so frustrated about this. I cant understand why these companies cant just make a glass screen protector that works. This isn't rocket science after all and these companies do this for a living

I have ordered two glass screen prectors now, here's the info.

1. http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Cov...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5123359

I pre-ordered this one only to find out that once it started getting delivered to people, the reviews poured in as "awful".
The product is not glass but some type of plastic, and has almost no adhesive, just a bead of adhesive going around the edges of the glastic {fake plastic), but the screen itself, no adhesive so it pops off at any given time just by tapping it. It now has only one star after receiving ALL bad reviews (not a single positive review) I paid 29.99, it is now marked down to 16.99, it isn't worth a penny, not even a penny. It has zero value.

So, I tried this one next feeling much more hopeful because the website had some decent products....
Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector, Punkcase Glass SHIELD – punkcase
But sadly, this product is identical to the product I ordered previously.,,,,identical. So therefore NO VALUE to me, although I paid 29.99 for it.

60.00 plus shipping later and I have wasted a month, still have no screen protector and am annoyed as hell.

Samsung, if your going to make a product with special challenges, then YOU need to be prepared to meet the demands those challenges will create BEFORE OR ON release date. I find it ridiculous that we are still waiting. Especially when there is money to be made!