05-19-2017 10:31 PM
148 12345 ...
tools
    I had the zagg.... the Halo drove me nuts so now I am waiting for them to release a new one because the dust seriously drives me insane. I'm normally awesome with phones without protection. My s6 had a darn near flawless screen when I traded it in for the s7... the zagg protector cracked the day I bought it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2016 07:07 PM
    I think so. I think having it in my pocket for most of today will be the true test.
    After a full day with the screen protector, no lifting on the sides! I am very happy with this screen protector. Looks great, and works great with a case. Thanks to the poster that linked to it earlier!
    04-10-2016 10:53 AM
    Has anyone had luck with dry film protectors? I just ripped off my garbage "Pleson Hyper Protector" due to edge peeling and I really dislike the liquid application ones. In a perfect world the S7 would have a flat screen so any glass protector would fit perfectly, but sadly that isn't the case.

Also I'm trying to get more traction here because Amazon's reviews are currently worthless. Ever since the "I received this product at a discount for my honest review" paid adverts started appearing everywhere it makes the average Star rating useless. You have to dig through each review to get past the fake ones and generally every protector has a "real" average of about 2 Stars.
    04-10-2016 06:19 PM
    Got mine today. Sure enough, it is a few mm smaller on each side. Should work fine with just about any case out there, I think. I can't see how it would lift on the sides from a case since it is smaller on each side, but won't know for sure until I test it out for a few days.

It's a Skinomi, so similar in installation and characteristics to their other wet-install screen protectors. I think this will be the one I stick with since I use a case and this seems to be the best compromise.

I can try to take a pic later if anyone is interested. But it pretty much looks like the pics on the website above.
    ugh! They're taking forever to process my order
    04-11-2016 10:00 AM
    I just got the lifeproof case... just because it looked better than the clunky otterbox and it had a screen protector

04-11-2016 10:37 AM
    I just got the lifeproof case... just because it looked better than the clunky otterbox and it had a screen protector

I also got the lifeproof but trying to get the dust out behind the screen protector is driving me nuts
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-14-2016 02:10 PM
    Hi, new poster here and largely new to Android (have been on iPhone and BB), but love my Galaxy s7 and have benefitted greatly from the collective wisdom here. So many thanks to you all!

Am looking for a long-term case for my s7, and the Lifeproof case caught my eye especially given the built-in screen protector and reported 6-foot drop protection. Am especially interested in quality and protection - I tend to hold on to the same phone for several years, and would rather not deal with cracks, scratches, and other damage (as an FYI, I also have - and love - a Nexus 5x).

For those of you with the Lifeproof case:
    • How are you liking the Lifeproof, and can you see using it as your daily driver case in the long term? It sounds like some of you are using the Lifeproof as a stopgap until someone like Zagg comes out with a better glass screen protector, so wanted to better understand where the Lifeproof might fall short as your main case.
    • How bad is the dust problem - and how is dust even getting into the case, given the case is sealed?
    • What is the screen protector made of (glass vs. film?), and how does it attach -- and how seamlessly/securely-- to the phone screen?
    • How much'edge protection does the case provide for the front screen, and for the back camera lenses and sensors? (e..g, how high does it sit above the screen/sensors, and how does it compare to cases like the Spigen Tough Armor or Rugged Armor?)
    • Is the cover impacting the audio at all - especially two-way call quality? I need to use the phone oretty frequently for old-fashioned calls, and don't do well with background noise or muffled sound, so call quality is very important to me.
    • Any signs of the case damaging your phone? Apparently there were reports of earlier Lifeproof cases putting stress on prior phones and causing damage.

Bottom line, would love to hear how the case is working for you, and what you like/don't like about it. I'm currently using a Spigen Tough Armor case and have used (and liked) the Speck Candyshell case (with grip) in the past. The Tough Armor would work longer term for my s7, except that I'd like to use a decent screen protector (ideally glass) with it, and so far have had zero luck finding one that works with the case. As a point of comparison, I found the Spigen Rugged Armor a tad too lightweight for my purpose - in particular, I was looking for a taller 'edge' to protect the screen and the camera/fingerprint sensor.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
    04-15-2016 08:46 PM
    Hi, new poster here and largely new to Android (have been on iPhone and BB), but love my Galaxy s7 and have benefitted greatly from the collective wisdom here. So many thanks to you all!

Am looking for a long-term case for my s7, and the Lifeproof case caught my eye especially given the built-in screen protector and reported 6-foot drop protection. Am especially interested in quality and protection - I tend to hold on to the same phone for several years, and would rather not deal with cracks, scratches, and other damage (as an FYI, I also have - and love - a Nexus 5x).

For those of you with the Lifeproof case:
    • How are you liking the Lifeproof, and can you see using it as your daily driver case in the long term? It sounds like some of you are using the Lifeproof as a stopgap until someone like Zagg comes out with a better glass screen protector, so wanted to better understand where the Lifeproof might fall short as your main case.
    • How bad is the dust problem - and how is dust even getting into the case, given the case is sealed?
    • What is the screen protector made of (glass vs. film?), and how does it attach -- and how seamlessly/securely-- to the phone screen?
    • How much'edge protection does the case provide for the front screen, and for the back camera lenses and sensors? (e..g, how high does it sit above the screen/sensors, and how does it compare to cases like the Spigen Tough Armor or Rugged Armor?)
    • Is the cover impacting the audio at all - especially two-way call quality? I need to use the phone oretty frequently for old-fashioned calls, and don't do well with background noise or muffled sound, so call quality is very important to me.
    • Any signs of the case damaging your phone? Apparently there were reports of earlier Lifeproof cases putting stress on prior phones and causing damage.

Bottom line, would love to hear how the case is working for you, and what you like/don't like about it. I'm currently using a Spigen Tough Armor case and have used (and liked) the Speck Candyshell case (with grip) in the past. The Tough Armor would work longer term for my s7, except that I'd like to use a decent screen protector (ideally glass) with it, and so far have had zero luck finding one that works with the case. As a point of comparison, I found the Spigen Rugged Armor a tad too lightweight for my purpose - in particular, I was looking for a taller 'edge' to protect the screen and the camera/fingerprint sensor.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
    I have a lifeproof. It is nice but for the money I prefer the supcase water resistant case. I do see myself using it for the long term. The plastic screen protector shows prints easily but feels very protective. As for damage to the phone, I don't see how it can put stress on the phone. I have removed it a few times to get all the specs of dust out, no sign of damage or stress. If you have the cash get the lifeproof. If you don't have the cash get the supcase water resistant case. I took my original lifeproof back and bought the Supcase, but a generous family member bought me another lifeproof as a gift.

04-18-2016 09:39 PM
    Skinomi TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly)

Does anyone know what makes the "Case Friendly" version of the screen protector actually case friendly? Is it smaller or something?
    I installed the full body skin kit (with screen protector) from Skinomi. This kit comes with the standard screen protector, so within about 3 days, I had the bottom lip of the screen protector peeling off. I might call them and see if they can send me a case-friendly one because there was no option for that when ordering the full body skin kit. Just a heads up to everyone.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-19-2016 07:31 AM
    I have a lifeproof. It is nice but for the money I prefer the supcase water resistant case. I do see myself using it for the long term. The plastic screen protector shows prints easily but feels very protective. As for damage to the phone, I don't see how it can put stress on the phone. I have removed it a few times to get all the specs of dust out, no sign of damage or stress. If you have the cash get the lifeproof. If you don't have the cash get the supcase water resistant case. I took my original lifeproof back and bought the Supcase, but a generous family member bought me another lifeproof as a gift.

Super helpful - thanks for this, drbol! Do you find dust getting trapped inside either/both the Supcase and the Lifeproof? Also, how do the screen protectors compare in terms of durability and fit; and are the bezels comparable in terms of depth/protection around the screen?
    04-19-2016 02:46 PM
    I just tried the life proof case and for me it made typing more difficult and some touches wouldn't register but I guess that's the price for a water proof case.

Dan TheMan86 likes this.
    04-19-2016 02:50 PM
    I'm using the ZAGG Invisible Shield Dry Install. It's the best alternative besides glass which I can't seem to find one that works well with our phones.

04-19-2016 08:34 PM
    The lifeproof was ok- but I ended up taking it back and just suffering with the zagg halo, and a tech 21 case. The dog hairs and dust drove me batty I was cleaning it once a day. It was nice to use... but it was bothersome.

04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    I manage to get specks of dust in my supcase. There is always one speck that lingers after I clean and assemble the case. Once it is together there isn't any more dust that is getting in. The port covers do a good job. I've used it for a couple weeks and have no complaints.

04-23-2016 08:07 PM
    After a few off the wall Amazon brands that provided difficult install lots of air bubble I ended up purchasing Spigen Curved Crystal protectors.
    It's great kit containing 2 protectors everything needed making magic happen little $ spent - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5145565

Install was easy no bubbles present very happy with end result. Fit is right on good stuff no halo effect.
    I found this video very helpful getting feel on how to install regular S7 version on my device.

04-25-2016 01:41 PM
    I broke down and got another pack of the Spigen Curved Crystal film and got one of them to work.

THE GOOD
    1. Once applied correctly (see YouTube video) it actually went on with little fuss. Also it doesn't feel nearly as bad as other film protectors in the past.

2. The curved plastic really stays down with a case on the phone. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

The not so good
    1.Because of the cut I missed the alignment by a hair so I have a tiny amount of screen left bare on the bottom left and right corners. There is little room for error and aligned correctly it would almost cover part of the home button. I didn't dare try to ruin the otherwise bubble and speck free installation.

2. It's not 100% coverage as the packaging days. The area around the top speaker and sensors, along with the bottom corners, are naked.

3. The first one in this shipment peeled off the back but took the middle layer with it ruining the protector. Second one was fine.

Make it so.
    04-27-2016 02:24 PM
    Liquid with nanotechnology is the only way to protect our phone.
    04-27-2016 03:23 PM
    Don't try a Tech 21 case with the Spigen, it lifts the edges.
    04-27-2016 08:06 PM
    Don't suppose anyone's heard anything on the Zagg Curved for S7. Their website still says "coming soon", but yeah...
    As the dirt continues to accumulate under the edge of my existing Zagg, I'm considering giving up and trying something else - promise of an eventual free replacement be damned.
    04-28-2016 08:32 AM
    I broke down and got another pack of the Spigen Curved Crystal film and got one of them to work.

THE GOOD
    1. Once applied correctly (see YouTube video) it actually went on with little fuss. Also it doesn't feel nearly as bad as other film protectors in the past.

2. The curved plastic really stays down with a case on the phone. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

The not so good
    1.Because of the cut I missed the alignment by a hair so I have a tiny amount of screen left bare on the bottom left and right corners. There is little room for error and aligned correctly it would almost cover part of the home button. I didn't dare try to ruin the otherwise bubble and speck free installation.

2. It's not 100% coverage as the packaging days. The area around the top speaker and sensors, along with the bottom corners, are naked.

3. The first one in this shipment peeled off the back but took the middle layer with it ruining the protector. Second one was fine.

Make it so.
    If you I would shoot them email requesting free replacement due to first one damage....also you may have receaved defect cut etc.
    My first one went great alighment reveals cut perfect with some exposed top & bottom.
    I'm thinking top/bottom exposed were to keep protector more case friendly preventing thin border curved edge peel back above ear speaker & below home key.

All in all great protector for small price curved edges are perfect stay secure unlike other 3 brands I've tried.
    Hopefully they will make glass version avalible in near future.
    04-28-2016 02:23 PM
    Disregard.
    04-28-2016 02:41 PM
    Don't try a Tech 21 case with the Spigen, it lifts the edges.

What Tech 21 case do you have? I just ordered the evo check and I'm considering getting a Spigen crystal screen protector.
    04-28-2016 02:42 PM
    Sorry, it was the Evo Check.
    04-28-2016 04:25 PM
    Sorry, it was the Evo Check.
    Bummer. They weren't compatible at all? I guess I'll have to consider another option. I have the skinomi right now but I'm not that impressed.
    04-28-2016 07:20 PM
    Just took off the ishieldz tempered glass one as it fit horribly. Basically the same fit as other glass ones on the s7. It felt amazing though.

Put on a spigen curved crystal and it goes far enough across the screen left to right. Feels a bit rubbery but looks amazing. The viewing area is almost exactly the size of the protector so some care is needed to apply. That said it's the first time I've put one on. Worth the price on amazon.ca.

Attached Thumbnails What screen protector are you using for the S7?-3179.jpg  
    04-28-2016 10:21 PM
148 12345 ...