05-19-2017 10:31 PM
148 ... 23456
tools
    Double post sorry.
    04-28-2016 10:28 PM
    Put on a spigen curved crystal and it goes far enough across the screen left to right. Feels a bit rubbery but looks amazing. The viewing area is almost exactly the size of the protector so some care is needed to apply. That said it's the first time I've put one on. Worth the price on amazon.ca.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have the same one but after a mere 4 days I have visible scratches on the protector. It lives on my desk most of the day no idea how it happened. How's yours holding up?

Make it so.
    04-30-2016 12:07 AM
    36 hours so far and no scratches. And it feels a lot better as well as it feels less Rubbery too.

04-30-2016 08:02 AM
    I broke down and got another pack of the Spigen Curved Crystal film and got one of them to work.

THE GOOD
    1. Once applied correctly (see YouTube video) it actually went on with little fuss. Also it doesn't feel nearly as bad as other film protectors in the past.

2. The curved plastic really stays down with a case on the phone. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

The not so good
    1.Because of the cut I missed the alignment by a hair so I have a tiny amount of screen left bare on the bottom left and right corners. There is little room for error and aligned correctly it would almost cover part of the home button. I didn't dare try to ruin the otherwise bubble and speck free installation.

2. It's not 100% coverage as the packaging days. The area around the top speaker and sensors, along with the bottom corners, are naked.

3. The first one in this shipment peeled off the back but took the middle layer with it ruining the protector. Second one was fine.

Make it so.
    $25...jesus christ!
    05-02-2016 09:47 AM
    First time poster here. I acknowledge right off the bat that I am extremely OCD with my phones. Right out of the box they have screen protector and case on them. With the S7 Edge I'm already on screen protector #3 (Zagg Invisible shield, then IQ Shield Liquidskin, now IQ shield is sending me case friendly version). The Zagg went on with no hitches, but the case pushed up the edges and dust/dirt got underneath. The IQ shield did the same, but nowhere near as bad. The left edge didn't stay down and the entire side is full of dust and dirt. I'm not too thrilled with what I've seen about the case friendly version but I'm willing to try it. I like slim/light slim cases so it's not like they are big and bulky and come up the sides. Long winded (sorry) but I have two questions:

1. What screen protector seems to be the consensus "best" (I know subjective) from posters
    2. Is anyone else having issues with their home button scratching? I got my first scratch 2 weeks ago, and another a few days ago. It's nothing big, and the button works fine, but my OCDness is going bonkers looking at the scratches!
    05-02-2016 03:36 PM
    I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.

05-03-2016 05:32 PM
    None.

revtech likes this.
    05-11-2016 08:10 AM
    I'm using the Spigen Crystal and it's amazing. The actual screen part of the phone is fully covered. No halo, bubbles, etc. And it works 100% perfectly with my neo hybrid. I think I finally found the one.

05-13-2016 10:31 AM
    Are there any tempered glass protectors for the S7 that actually stick to the display and have no halo effect?
    05-17-2016 09:21 AM
    I have the same one but after a mere 4 days I have visible scratches on the protector. It lives on my desk most of the day no idea how it happened. How's yours holding up?

Make it so.
    I have a couple of scratches on mine as well but it is in and out of my pocket so that is understandable. The only thing that drives me crazy is the fingerprints and smudge residue being that it has a rubbery/tacky feel, I am constantly cleaning it. Also, it is not case friendly. My favorite case I own causes the curved edges to peel up, but I have on VRS slim fit case that doesn't cause this. It is hit or miss, now I am afraid to get other cases since they will most likely cause it to lift.

Has anyone tried the Zagg HD? is it case friendly?
    05-27-2016 08:20 AM
    I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.

Can you post a couple pictures showing this installed on the phone?
    05-27-2016 12:55 PM
    Can you post a couple pictures showing this installed on the phone?
    Sorry, it is no longer on the phone. The bottom chipped out really bad around the home button. It lasted a week. The phone was not dropped or abused. I won't buy it again.

05-29-2016 11:20 PM
    Don't buy the sh*tty Zagg Tempered. Picked one up at Sprint store yesterday and taking it back today. Can't believe Zagg would even put such crap on the market...and at $39 !!!
    Attached Thumbnails What screen protector are you using for the S7?-1464619327661.jpg   What screen protector are you using for the S7?-1464619337827.jpg   What screen protector are you using for the S7?-1464619347707.jpg  
    sulla1965 likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:42 AM
    That's Halo City. ^^
    05-30-2016 01:11 PM
    That's Halo City. ^^
    The cheap one I bought on Amazon was even worse than that. I just ripped it right off. My Note 5 i used glass off Amazon and hardly any halo at all. I kind of wish I just kept my Note 5 and waited until Note 6 and just put up with the large size. Sucks finding cases and glass for this thing. the S6 wasnt this bad at all finding tempered glass or cases.
    05-30-2016 08:15 PM
    Zagg Curve, so far so good. Samsung Pay is a little hard to activate with the Zagg Curve.

What screen protector are you using for the S7?-zc02.jpg
    05-31-2016 02:47 PM
    Welp, Zagg finally shipped the replacement Curve I was promised. Points for customer service, but this is NOT a good product. I got it installed perfectly aligned, but the design prevents it from seating completely flush; there's a slight "doming" that prevents it from making good contact (mine's the non-Edge S7). This means the screen becomes very unresponsive - you have to hammer it to select anything, and forget about doing anything near the edges, such as pulling down the settings menu. In the right lighting you can see the rainbowing that follows your thumbs around, as you press hard to make it contact the screen underneath. I can't prove it, but it also seems to be thicker than the straight Shield, making sensitivity worse; the face button seems noticeably sunk-in. Typing is atrociously hard. I think I'm going to have to go naked, and just leave the screen unprotected, given a choice between halo lint and maddening unresponsiveness. I can appreciate that Samsung's design has made a proper fit difficult, but not my problem if someone is charging top dollar for a product. I would not recommend this.
    06-15-2016 09:05 AM
    im using a Ultimate Shield glass screen protector and so far so good. Easy to install, perfect fit from one edge to another.
    I´m waiting for some cases from ebay to see if it can work with cases, slim cases.
    06-15-2016 04:43 PM
    im using a Ultimate Shield glass screen protector and so far so good. Easy to install, perfect fit from one edge to another.
    I´m waiting for some cases from ebay to see if it can work with cases, slim cases.
    Do you have any pics?
    06-15-2016 07:51 PM
    Tech Armor Screen Protector is perfect for Galaxy S7. This protector give awesome experience to touch the stunning Amoled display of Galaxy S7 device.
    07-15-2016 05:42 AM
    Tech Armor Screen Protector is perfect for Galaxy S7. This protector give awesome experience to touch the stunning Amoled display of Galaxy S7 device.
    The ballistic glass model?
    07-15-2016 10:49 AM
    I have a couple of scratches on mine as well but it is in and out of my pocket so that is understandable. The only thing that drives me crazy is the fingerprints and smudge residue being that it has a rubbery/tacky feel, I am constantly cleaning it. Also, it is not case friendly. My favorite case I own causes the curved edges to peel up, but I have on VRS slim fit case that doesn't cause this. It is hit or miss, now I am afraid to get other cases since they will most likely cause it to lift.

Has anyone tried the Zagg HD? is it case friendly?
    Zagg flat glass cracked in 5! ! Different places on the edges. But had clear view and good sensitivity
    Zagg curved full cover glass has poor sensitivity, but full coverage and not case friendly
    Now I have HD, good coverage, pretty good with the case, and good sensitivity, but smudge is always left on the screen with glare, really annoying.

With s7 we are in a jam, when in confess to screen protectors
    07-21-2016 12:58 AM
    Does anyone have any experience with the JetTECH film protectors? These here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protec...cUvbUpU5275919

I'm using the Spigen Curved Crystal now, but the damn thing has scratches all over the place in just two days of normal in and out of pocket use. I have Tech Armor on my iPhone 6S and that doesn't scratch until maybe a month or more of use, but unfortunately it looks like Tech Armor doesn't have a good product for the S7. It fits great but it felt flimsy even putting it on, and the first one creased during installation. I emailed Spigen, that's unacceptable.

These JetTECHs have customer images with the halo effect, but the recent reviews make it sound like there's an updated product now if I ordered these that have no halo and cover the screen. Does anyone have experience with them?
    07-21-2016 12:51 PM
    Does anyone have any experience with the JetTECH film protectors? These here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protec...cUvbUpU5277716

I'm using the Spigen Curved Crystal now, but the damn thing has scratches all over the place in just two days of normal in and out of pocket use. I have Tech Armor on my iPhone 6S and that doesn't scratch until maybe a month or more of use, but unfortunately it looks like Tech Armor doesn't have a good product for the S7. It fits great but it felt flimsy even putting it on, and the first one creased during installation. I emailed Spigen, that's unacceptable.

These JetTECHs have customer images with the halo effect, but the recent reviews make it sound like there's an updated product now if I ordered these that have no halo and cover the screen. Does anyone have experience with them?
    I think any film is going to either be sticky, easily scratched, or both. I'm at the point where I want to get a tempered glass protector even though it doesn't fill the screen. Something is better than nothing IMO.
    07-22-2016 03:45 PM
    I picked up this one from amfilm
    Galaxy S7 Screen Protector Glass (V2.0 Case Friendly)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F7LYU2A...cUvbUpU5278292

So far the fit is great but sometimes I do get sensitivity issues pulling down the notification shade or hitting the bottom right keys. For me the trade off is worth it because I had already got a small surface scratch from simply using daily. No beach or metal shavings where I was.

Make it so.
    07-23-2016 12:41 AM
148 ... 23456