What screen protector are you using for the S7?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Update: This cover won't be on my screen much longer, it's got a halo now. I don't feel it's a manufacturer thing but a Samsung thing, looks like I'm going to film and if that doesn't feel good I'm going to go without any screen protection, very disappointing.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and the zagg tempered glass screen protector I'm using has a big halo and it's actually affecting the sensitivity of the screen around the edges. I'm too paranoid about getting scratches on my screen so I'm stuck with this one for now until I hear of one that doesn't have this issue

Posted via the Android Central App

I just got the zagg and am having the same issue and am ticked off at this product. I'm taking it back to best buy to have it removed by them (they installed it too) and get my money back. I am pissed that not only did I pay, in my own opinion, too much for a screen protector but I got one that made new hate to use my phone and waste my time. I don't even want them to put a new one on. **** it

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I put the Skinomi on the phone and I'm now close to going without screen protection with this thing. The Skinomi is just what I thought it would be, a sticky film with orange peel. While it's acceptable, it's nowhere near as smooth as a tempered glass one but the tempered glass just doesn't work on this phone. IMO, Samsung blew this part of the design. Yeah...I get it premium look & feel blah blah blah but they have to be practical too. I can't see any tempered product working on this one.

So for now I'll rock the Skinomi until it gets on my nerves then I'm done with any sort of protection.

I want to be fair to Skinomi too, a film is what it is and will never feel as good as glass, it needs to be understood the difference in materials. But on the plus side I got the case friendly version and it fits VERY well, it went on with a bit of work because it's a wet apply film and from what I understand the bubbles will dissipate over time. It's hard to notice it's on there other than the orange peel and less than glass like reflectivity. The tempered glass one looked so bad with the shortened edges, and even with those it still haloed.

Face it, we have a tough device to protect, not really a good solution out there IMO.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have tried multiple screen protectors and honestly I always used the glass ones since they came out but they just do not seem to work well on the s7.

I purchased this protector from Amazon and honestly it fits perfect and is case friendly

Armorsuit MilitaryShield® Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACXRS6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299462

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I have tried multiple screen protectors and honestly I always used the glass ones since they came out but they just do not seem to work well on the s7.

I purchased this protector from Amazon and honestly it fits perfect and is case friendly

Armorsuit MilitaryShield® Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACXRS6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299571

How is clarity/touch response of this screen protector?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Armorsuit MilitaryShield® Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACXRS6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299573

Ugh, wet application screen protectors make me so nervous. Can you post photos of your phone with the protector on?

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Ugh, wet application screen protectors make me so nervous. Can you post photos of your phone with the protector on?

I tried to install a IQ sheild wet one today on my s7, it was total garbage and wasnt even made properly. How is that spigen one you have? Will it work with a case with a lip?

The spigen makes me nervous the curved one for the regular s7 has only 3 stars on amazon while the wet dry one has 5

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install a IQ sheild wet one today on my s7, it was total garbage and wasnt even made properly. How is that spigen one you have? Will it work with a case with a lip?

The spigen makes me nervous the curved one for the regular s7 has only 3 stars on amazon while the wet dry one has 5

The Spigen one is still holding strong, and I've been wearing it with my Spigen Neo Hybrid case, which does have a lip. The only problem with the Spigen is that it scratches very easily. It looks pretty ugly at this point due to the scratches. I'm considering putting on a new one, but I'm looking for more options, something that's perhaps more durable.

jcjrn49

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell you about my experience with the Zagg tempered glass screen protector. Bought it at Best Buy (big mistake). About 3 weeks after I installed it, I noticed at crack at the bottom, near the home button. The time ran out for me to return it to Best Buy, so I called Zagg. They were quite nice, but only offered me a replacement of the one I had. Plus I had to pay a $5.99 handling fee, in addition to the cost of mailing back the damaged screen protector.
Within 5 days I received my new screen protector. Guess what, when I opened the package, the entire screen protector was shattered! Needless to say, I finally, after much back and forth, was able to get a refund.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Armorsuit MilitaryShield® Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACXRS6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5307354

I just bought this one on amazon. My Spigen one has gotten very scratched up, so it's worth a shot. I'll update once it comes and I apply it.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just bought this one on amazon. My Spigen one has gotten very scratched up, so it's worth a shot. I'll update once it comes and I apply it.

I'll be curious to hear if it's "sticky" like other film protectors. I have the Skinomi and it's at little sticky like all the rest.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Any updates?

I've been using it all weekend, and I have to say that this is the best screen protector I've used thus far. It's the first time I've ever applied a wet application screen protector, and I'm amazed by the clarity and zero interference with touch response.

I got the case friendly version, which fully covers the screen but leaves enough space to use my Spigen Neo Hybrid case with no peeling. Again, it covers the whole screen and the wet application enables it to stay put without lifting.

As for the stickiness, of course it's not as smooth and as natural feeling as a tempered glass protector, but it is the best non-tempered protector I've used in terms of feel.

I also have to mention that it does not scratch nearly as easily as my old Spigen protector. The material is supposedly "self healing," and I have noticed that small scratches seem to disappear over time, which is awesome.

Overall, I'm completely satisfied and wouldn't hesitate buying it again.

aman29111

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Gadgetshieldz full body screen protector for my galaxy S7. It's a wet install protector for the screen, back (including the curved parts), the metal frame(sides,top and bottom) and the camera lens. Applies wet and fits perfectly even on the curved areas of the phone. Got it from here.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Full-Body Invisible Shields | Gadgetshieldz

Will try to post a short review of these screen protectors applied on my S7. Some images for now.
[url]https://s12.postimg.org/eytfy3mil/2.jpg[/url] [url]https://s12.postimg.org/xsf8v3kql/4.jpg[/url] [url]https://s12.postimg.org/4rawlp0al/1.jpg[/url]

Is this case protector friendly?

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I just applied The Armorsuit Military Shield on my phone last night. I bought the case friendly version. It was easy to apply, but there is a noticeable orange peel effect and the screen feels somewhat tackier and less responsive.
I was loathe to put a protector on at all but was hoping to find the perfect one. After reading tons of reviews and posts I'm guessing this is as good as it's going to get.

Last edited: