What screen protector are you using for the S7?

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the ZAGG Invisible Shield Dry Install. It's the best alternative besides glass which I can't seem to find one that works well with our phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The lifeproof was ok- but I ended up taking it back and just suffering with the zagg halo, and a tech 21 case. The dog hairs and dust drove me batty I was cleaning it once a day. It was nice to use... but it was bothersome.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I manage to get specks of dust in my supcase. There is always one speck that lingers after I clean and assemble the case. Once it is together there isn't any more dust that is getting in. The port covers do a good job. I've used it for a couple weeks and have no complaints.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
After a few off the wall Amazon brands that provided difficult install lots of air bubble I ended up purchasing Spigen Curved Crystal protectors.
It's great kit containing 2 protectors everything needed making magic happen little $ spent - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5145565

Install was easy no bubbles present very happy with end result. Fit is right on good stuff no halo effect.
I found this video very helpful getting feel on how to install regular S7 version on my device.

https://youtu.be/JDCXkvhMAkE

Last edited:

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I broke down and got another pack of the Spigen Curved Crystal film and got one of them to work.

THE GOOD
1. Once applied correctly (see YouTube video) it actually went on with little fuss. Also it doesn't feel nearly as bad as other film protectors in the past.

2. The curved plastic really stays down with a case on the phone. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

The not so good
1.Because of the cut I missed the alignment by a hair so I have a tiny amount of screen left bare on the bottom left and right corners. There is little room for error and aligned correctly it would almost cover part of the home button. I didn't dare try to ruin the otherwise bubble and speck free installation.

2. It's not 100% coverage as the packaging days. The area around the top speaker and sensors, along with the bottom corners, are naked.

3. The first one in this shipment peeled off the back but took the middle layer with it ruining the protector. Second one was fine.

Make it so.

guerojose

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Don't suppose anyone's heard anything on the Zagg Curved for S7. Their website still says "coming soon", but yeah...
As the dirt continues to accumulate under the edge of my existing Zagg, I'm considering giving up and trying something else - promise of an eventual free replacement be damned.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I broke down and got another pack of the Spigen Curved Crystal film and got one of them to work.

THE GOOD
1. Once applied correctly (see YouTube video) it actually went on with little fuss. Also it doesn't feel nearly as bad as other film protectors in the past.

2. The curved plastic really stays down with a case on the phone. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case.

The not so good
1.Because of the cut I missed the alignment by a hair so I have a tiny amount of screen left bare on the bottom left and right corners. There is little room for error and aligned correctly it would almost cover part of the home button. I didn't dare try to ruin the otherwise bubble and speck free installation.

2. It's not 100% coverage as the packaging days. The area around the top speaker and sensors, along with the bottom corners, are naked.

3. The first one in this shipment peeled off the back but took the middle layer with it ruining the protector. Second one was fine.

Make it so.
If you I would shoot them email requesting free replacement due to first one damage....also you may have receaved defect cut etc.
My first one went great alighment reveals cut perfect with some exposed top & bottom.
I'm thinking top/bottom exposed were to keep protector more case friendly preventing thin border curved edge peel back above ear speaker & below home key.

All in all great protector for small price curved edges are perfect stay secure unlike other 3 brands I've tried.
Hopefully they will make glass version avalible in near future.

Last edited:

mrcanoehead

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Just took off the ishieldz tempered glass one as it fit horribly. Basically the same fit as other glass ones on the s7. It felt amazing though.

Put on a spigen curved crystal and it goes far enough across the screen left to right. Feels a bit rubbery but looks amazing. The viewing area is almost exactly the size of the protector so some care is needed to apply. That said it's the first time I've put one on. Worth the price on amazon.ca.

Attachments

• 3179.jpg
    3179.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 49

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Put on a spigen curved crystal and it goes far enough across the screen left to right. Feels a bit rubbery but looks amazing. The viewing area is almost exactly the size of the protector so some care is needed to apply. That said it's the first time I've put one on. Worth the price on amazon.ca.

I have the same one but after a mere 4 days I have visible scratches on the protector. It lives on my desk most of the day no idea how it happened. How's yours holding up?

Make it so.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

THE GOOD

The not so good

Make it so.

$25...jesus christ!

GmenJay

May 2, 2016
Visit site
First time poster here. I acknowledge right off the bat that I am extremely OCD with my phones. Right out of the box they have screen protector and case on them. With the S7 Edge I'm already on screen protector #3 (Zagg Invisible shield, then IQ Shield Liquidskin, now IQ shield is sending me case friendly version). The Zagg went on with no hitches, but the case pushed up the edges and dust/dirt got underneath. The IQ shield did the same, but nowhere near as bad. The left edge didn't stay down and the entire side is full of dust and dirt. I'm not too thrilled with what I've seen about the case friendly version but I'm willing to try it. I like slim/light slim cases so it's not like they are big and bulky and come up the sides. Long winded (sorry) but I have two questions:

1. What screen protector seems to be the consensus "best" (I know subjective) from posters
2. Is anyone else having issues with their home button scratching? I got my first scratch 2 weeks ago, and another a few days ago. It's nothing big, and the button works fine, but my OCDness is going bonkers looking at the scratches!​

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.