What screen protector are you using for the S7?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just applied The Armorsuit Military Shield on my phone last night. I bought the case friendly version. It was easy to apply, but there is a noticeable orange peel effect and the screen feels somewhat tackier and less responsive.
I was loathe to put a protector on at all but was hoping to find the perfect one. After reading tons of reviews and posts I'm guessing this is as good as it's going to get.

Sounds like my Skinomi...maybe I'll just keep it for a while.
So disappointed in film protectors. I so wish a tempered glass protector could be used on the S7. Samsung didn't do us any favors with their design over function stance on this screen.

xvonline

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Okay I have a question then. Everyone wants one a tempered-glass screen protector which covers & adheres the edges of the screen. Which ones only cover the visible portion of the screen on the sides (maybe even a little less) and just the bottom of the bottom button and the top of the phone-voice speaker on the top?

I have a Spigen Rugged Armor case which I need to remove regularily to put my Cardboard.

Thank you.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Spigen Crystal screen protector (not the curved one) with a Diztronic case. It was about $10 for 3 of them.

It's a dry application protector, but I used wet application to install it, which works great.

It's not glass, but it feels better than the other wet application screen protectors (less tacky). Since it's 3 for $10, I can just replace every few months when the screen protector gets scratched up.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So I am for first time on android for quite a while had iPhones since iPhone 5 love my galaxy s7. Having issue everyone else is. I made mistake jumped on the gadget guards black ice. Spent 40$ couldn't stand how far from edge it was. I then walked over to my Verizon which is reseller not corporate store, they use the pure gear brand. It does cover tiny amount more. Problem is guy got lint under it took off 25% off still paid 30$ so I'm down 70$ already both companies offered me exchange which will re sell to get little bit back of what I have spent. But my question is at this time I'm willing fake anything film or glass as long as it covers most of screen. I don't like these huge gaps. Can someone point me in direction of good one to use with otter box? I'm very frustrated at this point wishing never left iPhone neve had this issue with them.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
So I am for first time on android for quite a while had iPhones since iPhone 5 love my galaxy s7. Having issue everyone else is. I made mistake jumped on the gadget guards black ice. Spent 40$ couldn't stand how far from edge it was. I then walked over to my Verizon which is reseller not corporate store, they use the pure gear brand. It does cover tiny amount more. Problem is guy got lint under it took off 25% off still paid 30$ so I'm down 70$ already both companies offered me exchange which will re sell to get little bit back of what I have spent. But my question is at this time I'm willing fake anything film or glass as long as it covers most of screen. I don't like these huge gaps. Can someone point me in direction of good one to use with otter box? I'm very frustrated at this point wishing never left iPhone neve had this issue with them.
I'm using a Film protector from Gadgetshieldz on my S7.
https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html
Have a look at the pictures, If you need.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...amsung-s7-screen-protector-gadgetshieldz.html

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So the spigen ones worked. Only issue is my replacement glass came had someone install it FAILED. so back no screen protector again. Any other brands someone can recommend

pacificblue03

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello i decided to register to this forum to post about my experience. I have had a total screw around recently with the S7 world haha just last week i owned a S7 Edge and i loved it however i found no glass protector for it that would also work with my cases including Spigen Slim Armor which is a fantastic case. So it peeled off and cracked and that night i was without a protector my phone dropped due to being too drunk and well bye bye screen. it would cost $500 to replace so i went to my Carrier and got it replaced with a S7 today i got my Spigen Slim Armour case in the mail off Ebay Spigen and it is fitting perfectly but then i placed my tempered glass protector i got off my carrier $50 and it is super sensitive to touch and amazingly slim and fits all the way to the edge but again ... the case tries to peel it off.

I have just admitted defeat and decided ill have to either A use this caseless but have the screen protected with what i think is a very good tempered glass solution or B ill have to use a plastic one and then can use my Slim case.

To add some humor to my post ill admit that i tried to make my case "work" with the tempered glass by ... cutting the lip that goes over the screen, silly me didn't realize then that the case would fall off easy ... sigh

pacificblue03

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
So i decided i will give this one more good try and i will post for you guys the results and if i can pictures. I have ordered this 0.2mm thin tempered glass curved for S7

Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector FOR Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 7 | eBay

And i am ordering a new Spigen Slim Armor since i demolished the last one. IF i am faced with lifting which is highly possible i am going to try a ultra thin flathead screwdriver and go beneath the LIP of the case and force it above the glass protector very carefully, i will prior to this place the rubber part of the case in very hot water for 20mins to make it easier to perform this task. In doing so when it cools and hardens i am hoping for the result of it hardening OVER the top of the Glass protector and therefore it not lifting it up.

I know you are all in search of a result so i will update within 1 week as my case and protector wont be here at least until about Thursday / Friday. Wish me luck, i hope i can nail this one haha.

Silver Idaten

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I know this is probably the same order that everyone else is looking for, but I also know that new product is released probably every week. I'm looking for a dry film that I can buy for relatively cheap (>$15 at the absolute maximum but usually not willing to spend more than $9) for the regular S7. I use a Spigen Neo Hybrid with the lip around the front so it has to be case friendly or at least work with that case. Also, I would prefer it especially for film if I at least got multiples in a pack, if I wanted to spend $10 on one protector I'd just try fiddling with glass again.

I'm currently using the Spigen Curved Crystal which is almost disgustingly brittle and scratches too easily. If this was just more durable it would be perfect. It always seems like there's one major drawback for every product so far.

Also, please don't suggest wet-apply ones like ArmorSuit, IQ, etc. I've tried them, and even in a steamed room I always end up with dust underneath, and at least with the dry ones I can get it with tape. With the wet ones no matter what I use - tape, even my own fingers with solution on it, I can't get it out and just cause more to go in. No more wet protectors, I can't do them. The reason I had to pass on the Edge which I otherwise liked more was because the only protectors that work for it are wet apply and I know I can't put them on.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm beginning to feel the same way. Never knew all these curved surfaces would cause such a problem. I'm still trying to find someone who can tell me if the wireless charging will work with the Otterbox defender case. Otterbox the company will not comment one way or the other.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to feel the same way. Never knew all these curved surfaces would cause such a problem. I'm still trying to find someone who can tell me if the wireless charging will work with the Otterbox defender case. Otterbox the company will not comment one way or the other.

I have the symmetry and it isn't an issue, but can't speak for the Defender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2