Wireless charger compatibility

ceraf

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried charging this phone with various Qi wireless charging pads?

In particular...I currently have an old Nokia DT-900 that I use for my Nexus 7 but was wondering if it would work with the S7.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It should. GS7 wireless charging standards should make it possible to take advantage of wireless charging wherever you are. It also supports fast wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have both the Nokia DT-900 that i had used with a previous phone, I also bought the Samsung Wireless Fast Charger. The Galaxy S7 charges no problem with the Nokia charger, But i have noticed that using the Nokia brand charger my S7 gets much warmer while charging. Using the Samsung wireless fast charger my phone stays a lot cooler. I think this is because it has a built in fan that only activates during fast charging.

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a TechMatte that I bought for my S5 (it got great reviews). Well, it works with the S7, HOWEVER, it also makes the battery do weird things, so I would stay away from that one.

Long story as short as possible. I thought my phone was having battery issues, even had it replaced at one point (same issue). Come to find out, it was the charger. If I didn't charge it up to 100% on the TechMatte, it would lose battery VERY fast (I'm talking 50% in a few hours). If I charged it up to 100%, it was fine. My phone didn't have that issue if I used fast charger that it came with. Can't wait to get my Samsung wireless fast chargers. Since it happened with two phones and two different chargers, I'm going to assume it was the charger and not a fluke.