I just received my screen protector from coral guard and I gotta say that I got mixed feelings about it.

First off let me say that it is thin and goes edge to edge all around. I got the black one but it's not completely black, it's got somewhat of a pearl effect to it under lighting at the top, bottom and a thin line around the sides.

My first problem it that it feels like it's lifting round the corners and a bit around the the home button, meaning when touched a round these areas you can hear that it's not sticking down. You can't see if you have bubbles or a halo because it's under the black part of the protector.

My second problem is that even with it being super thin my keyboard is registering missed taps at the A and the L keys which is leaving with the impression that it might be lifted under the black surround coating. This has not happen with the skinomi glass protector I had on there, although it didn't come close to full coverage.

The third being that it's just not as clear as others glass protectors I've had. You can see this when you turn the phone off and look at the screen under sunlight.

Maybe I installed it wrong, who knows but everything lines up nicely even the back button and open app tray lights line up very good.

I will keep this on until I find a better alternative (waiting for the zagg) but the typing is so bad with the A and L keys it's very hard for me to not take it off. I'm gonna give it 48hrs before I take it off to see if the corners stay down and just needs some time to adhere to the screen.

This is just an honest review, my own opinion of this protector because I was so excited watching the videos and the reviews with the coral protector.

If anyone has received theirs please let me know how it is and are you happy with it. I had high hopes for this one.

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7
    04-06-2016 09:59 PM
    Moved to the S7 Accessories forum.
    04-07-2016 01:54 AM
    I will echo this post as 100% accurate. I have, however, found myself getting more used to it by pressing harder. With that said I am also waiting for something a little better.

Side note, it does NOT work with the Caseology case that I have... it pushes up the corners.
    04-07-2016 10:24 AM
    I don't like it. Touch screen does not register properly. It does not cover the bottom button correctly. Does not adhere to the screen properly. For what you get it is way overpriced. I've ordered something else in hopes of having a fully functioning screen protector. Having a case just exacerbates the issues. I would NOT recommend the coral to anyone.
    04-07-2016 11:18 AM
    I gave it 24hrs and the screen has lifted even more. For me to type this sentence, it's making me frustrated. I think I'm gonna take it off today and see if I can return it. Anything right now is better than this. I wish I didn't take the skinomi protector off now

04-07-2016 12:25 PM
    Mine came already shattered on Monday...they said they'll ship a replacement but haven't heard since

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 09:55 PM
    Also, did you do what the paper that came with it said? To put something heavy on it for a few hours?

04-07-2016 10:36 PM
    Also, did you do what the paper that came with it said? To put something heavy on it for a few hours?

Yeah I followed the instructions point for point. I placed one of my thicker reading books on the phone over night and it still lifted. Even when it seemed to stay down I still had a lot of missed taps on the keyboard. Trust me, when you do finally receive yours you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

As well, it doesn't seem to be HD when you take it out of the case. Meaning when you peel the side to stick to your phone, it still looks like there should be a peel off for the front too

04-08-2016 06:42 PM
    So I finally got my coral guard screen protector for my (non edge) Galaxy S7.
    They tooknow forever to mail it and wouldn't answer the phone or email. I paid for 2 day shipping and it took 5.

Now to the pros and cons:

PROS - slick glass feel, full screen protection, fits most all cases (I have otterbox defender with their plastic screen protector removed) easy installation, perfect fitment.

CONS - not as scratch resistant as advertised, some touch sensitivity lost, hard to open samsung pay, doesn't fit gear vr, some popping at bottom right and top left, when screen is off I can see a wave and some dots on the screen portion.
    04-12-2016 09:05 PM
    More negative reviews.

I received my tempered glass from coral already cracked. My initial e-mail was replied quickly by a rep named Sam Tyagi and was told it would ship Friday, 4/9. I still have yet to receive it, and they have gone unresponsive to all my e-mails asking for updates and/or tracking number. I finally just added support@coralguard.com, but so far their customer service has been horrific. And funnily enough, they took down their contact number...I wonder why...What a waste of money.
    04-19-2016 02:54 PM
    I've ordered one 2 weeks ago and it is utter rubbish. It chips, breaks, peels even after doing everything as instructed. Not only that but it makes everything on the screen edge so much less responsive. This is with me carrying it in my bookbag and not my pockets. Just not worth.

04-22-2016 07:34 AM
    Update - somehow they said my e-mails were going to spam (right...you can't receive and reply to an e-mail then all of a sudden it ends up in the spam folder unless you moved it there yourself in the first place...) I sent them an angry e-mail yesterday just going off on how terrible their customer service is.

Long story short, coincidentally I got the replacement yesterday, applied it overnight with heavy things sitting on it, and no sensitivity issues so far and works well. And I was even able to get my Spigen Rugged Armor on by carefully putting it over the glass. Will check back in, in about a week and update how it's going.
    04-22-2016 10:22 AM
    DO NOT BUY SCREEN PEOTECTOR FROM THESE PEOPLE. As soon as my boyfriend and I put these on our S7s, the glass cracked. We immediately emailed Coralguard to get our guaranteed replacement, and sent them back to the address listed with our order number. A month later and after several angry emails we still have not heard a thing. I have sent them nasty grams almost every day now and at this point I just want a refund from these people. Why would I want a product from them with their awful customer service and a screen protector that will probably just crack again when I get it?
    05-19-2016 04:31 PM
    Does anyone have the phone Number? They do not have it listed on the site any more...probably because they don't have the funds to fulfill their warranty.
    05-20-2016 09:45 AM
    I believe the glass screen protectors all give a period of time that you are prohibited from using your phone... and maybe even turning it on, for that matter... to allow the screen protector adhesive cure. You are not supposed to use your phone for that amount of time. It's something like 24 hours 48 hours... It is specified in the instructions. If you're using your phone before it has time to cure then you might create problems. Just saying.
    07-14-2016 12:11 PM
    How's the touch sensitivity of this protector? Is there also a rainbow sheen on the screen? I've seen a few videos with that smearing effect on some.
    07-15-2016 12:16 PM
    I believe the glass screen protectors all give a period of time that you are prohibited from using your phone... and maybe even turning it on, for that matter... to allow the screen protector adhesive cure. You are not supposed to use your phone for that amount of time. It's something like 24 hours 48 hours... It is specified in the instructions. If you're using your phone before it has time to cure then you might create problems. Just saying.
    I have installed many tempered glass protectors and NEVER had an issue using the device as soon as the protector is on. None of the instructions for the Zagg's or BodyGuardz I have installed have stated anything about waiting after a glass installation. The old wet installations did, but no glass ones that I have seen.
    07-15-2016 02:40 PM
    I just received my screen protector from coral guard and I gotta say that I got mixed feelings about it.

First off let me say that it is thin and goes edge to edge all around. I got the black one but it's not completely black, it's got somewhat of a pearl effect to it under lighting at the top, bottom and a thin line around the sides.

My first problem it that it feels like it's lifting round the corners and a bit around the the home button, meaning when touched a round these areas you can hear that it's not sticking down. You can't see if you have bubbles or a halo because it's under the black part of the protector.

My second problem is that even with it being super thin my keyboard is registering missed taps at the A and the L keys which is leaving with the impression that it might be lifted under the black surround coating. This has not happen with the skinomi glass protector I had on there, although it didn't come close to full coverage.

The third being that it's just not as clear as others glass protectors I've had. You can see this when you turn the phone off and look at the screen under sunlight.

Maybe I installed it wrong, who knows but everything lines up nicely even the back button and open app tray lights line up very good.

I will keep this on until I find a better alternative (waiting for the zagg) but the typing is so bad with the A and L keys it's very hard for me to not take it off. I'm gonna give it 48hrs before I take it off to see if the corners stay down and just needs some time to adhere to the screen.

This is just an honest review, my own opinion of this protector because I was so excited watching the videos and the reviews with the coral protector.

If anyone has received theirs please let me know how it is and are you happy with it. I had high hopes for this one.

Hi. Same here. The screen protector doesn't seem to be adhering as well to my phone either. I have the same issues. Have you been able to find a case that'll fit it by the way?
    07-31-2016 01:55 PM