bought an Supcase Unicorn Pro for my S7. Anyone using this?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I currently use the defender for the s7. While this one is built a lot better than previous ones, the hard plastic shell is one again making that creaking sound and the built in screen protector is thick and allows dust under it granted it fits more flush and a lot more responsive than previous Defenders I've had.

I had the Supcase for my Note 5 and the built in protector was very flush and clear and didn't allow dust under it.

Is the S7 version a good case compared to the Defender? Everyone on the reviews and on youtube raves about these cases.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Note: Model name is Unicorn Beetle Pro
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLEWFG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5134801

Also, the design is sold under different brand names: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLDWS8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5134801

I got mine a week ago and it's stupid how much I can like a case.
However, I much prefer to have an independent screen protector, and I didn't realize they sell one without a screen protector built in. The built in one is simply not compatible with an applied screen protector. So I removed the built in one on the case. It wasn't entirely easy, but it's doable.

The grip is excellent. There's definitely a rough texture to the entire case, but not enough that it pulls your pocket inside out.

I really like the idea of the dust covers over the headphone and charging ports, I just wish they were a bit more flexible.

Those hexagonal nubs on the back? Those are great. That's what the case rests on, which means it won't wobble on an uneven surface. They are grippy like the rest of the case so I REALLY like how it won't slide off a wireless charger. It'll almost stick to it.

At first, I didn't like how high the case bezel is around the screen. Until I realized that when I'm using my thumb print to unlock it, all I have to do is make sure it's rested all the way at the bottom of the bezel. Without a case my thumb would often be either too high or too low to get a proper read.

I got this case partly because it's difficult to find a quality case that also has a holster. I'm not going to use it often, but the case is rugged as well and can take a beating. The clip mechanism is not the greatest. I bet if you used it daily you would wind up with marks on the side of the case where the clip slides over it. Another negative is that you can't put the case in the holster with the screen out, aka backwards. This is helpful when you want to clip it on to something and still see the screen, like as a car dock. The benefit to this is shaped to keep the phone in; if you somehow don't clip the phone in all the way the holster will hold it in place a bit without it falling out. One added bonus is that this case perfectly fits the holster for my Seidio Obex case for my S4. I now have an option for a landscape and portrait holster, plus I can clip it in backwards on the Obex holster.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Armor Box is different from the Unicorn Beetle Pro. My Note 5 Beetle screen protector fitted VERY right against the screen and very responsive compared to the Defender series. It was more responsive than tempered glass on my note 5 with the Spen.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The Armor Box is different from the Unicorn Beetle Pro. My Note 5 Beetle screen protector fitted VERY right against the screen and very responsive compared to the Defender series. It was more responsive than tempered glass on my note 5 with the Spen.

I don't follow that at all. But looking at the photos it's absolutely clear they are the same product with a different facade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca