Protector for back of phone (preferably clear)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of or have any recommendations for something I can use to protect the back glass? I've already got a front protector but would like some extra protection for the back, even though it's in a case. I just don't want something sneaking between the case and phone and cause any minor scratching. I plan to just get a skin from dskin for my S7 Edge (it's black and I don't mind covering it up) by my wife's S7 is gold and I'd like to find something clear for that one. I'm guessing I'll just have to get a full body protector and only use the back portion but I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar. Thanks!

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Search amazon for a wet-apply screen protector, and a few will turn up. They usually include the front, back, and sides. Should be under $10 or so. They should all be fine. I think the one I got was from either IQ shield, or maybe Skinomi. I followed their instructions, and applied the back (I didn't apply the sides). I waited until the following day to put in back in the case, and haven't had any issues.

I did wind up replacing the front screen protector with a Skinomi case-friendly one, as the one I had originally kept peeling on the sides.

Here's one from IQ Shield:

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Protec...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5140861

And another:

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector [Full Screen Coverage] + Full Body Skin Protector Anti-Bubble & Extreme Clarity HD Shield + Lifetime Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Search amazon for a wet-apply screen protector, and a few will turn up. They usually include the front, back, and sides. Should be under $10 or so. They should all be fine. I think the one I got was from either IQ shield, or maybe Skinomi. I followed their instructions, and applied the back (I didn't apply the sides). I waited until the following day to put in back in the case, and haven't had any issues.

I did wind up replacing the front screen protector with a Skinomi case-friendly one, as the one I had originally kept peeling on the sides.

Here's one from IQ Shield:

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Protec...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5140944

And another:

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen Protector [Full Screen Coverage] + Full Body Skin Protector Anti-Bubble & Extreme Clarity HD Shield + Lifetime Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories
Great, thanks! On the wet apply protectors, are they easily removable if I need to replace it? Obviously it wouldn't be as easy as a film protector, I just wanted to be sure it possible. It's my wife's phone so if she doesn't like it and wants it off, then it's gotta come off so I don't have to hear any more about it. Lol.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they do come off if needed. When I first installed, I didn't do the greatest job. So, after a few days, I removed it, and reinstalled.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they do come off if needed. When I first installed, I didn't do the greatest job. So, after a few days, I removed it, and reinstalled.
Awesome. That makes me a lot more comfortable getting one. I had seen them on amazon, I just couldn't find the answer to that on any of their product descriptions.

teg10

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Xtremeguard has a back-only protector: Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protectors. I haven't used it, but other AC folks have reported great results with Xtremeguard protectors in general. Not sure you'll save much getting just the back, though, versus the full set of front, back, and sides.

Also, I read somewhere that with wet applications requiring water, it's important to use distilled as the minerals (?) from regular tap can potentially damage some screens/screen coatings over time. Can't vouch for this myself, but just a heads up.