06-15-2016 11:41 PM
43 12
tools
    Good stuff! Please more information on the androidified case - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Does it satisfy these?:
    1. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded
    2. Has to be grippy enough for easy one-handed use
    3. Not a fingerprint or dust magnet
    4. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus)
    5. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible)

Is the Cimo case thinner and lighter than the androidified case (I'm curious, as Amazon specs rate it to be "0.8 ounces", while the androidified is "0.3 ounces")? How does the grip compare?
    Androidified case

Pictures are below. Case is 10/10! It's light but it is not super thin, I'd say the Cimo case is very thin. It's light, not heavy and the carbon fiber android guy on the back gives it excellent grip. It shows zero fingerprints, really nice material. Buttons are easily accessible and have give.

06-04-2016 03:37 PM
    Good stuff! Please more information on the androidified case - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Does it satisfy these?:
    1. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded
    2. Has to be grippy enough for easy one-handed use
    3. Not a fingerprint or dust magnet
    4. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus)
    5. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible)

Is the Cimo case thinner and lighter than the androidified case (I'm curious, as Amazon specs rate it to be "0.8 ounces", while the androidified is "0.3 ounces")? How does the grip compare?
    The Cimo grip on the sides are great bc of the translucent TPU, super grippy. The back is a soft matte finish, slightly slippery but with the material on the sides it is not an issue by any means. Doesn't show any fingerprints which makes me happy and is very thin. It is much thinner than the androidified case. So I will switch back and forth between the 2 because I like them so much, these are finally keepers!

06-04-2016 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the pictures! Looks like the Androidified case would be absolutely perfect for me if it was slightly thinner! But I guess you can argue it's providing a bit more protection. And being light is more important in this context. I've got moderately large hands, and it's nice to be able to hold the phone with confidence - if it's too thin, can make things a bit difficult.

Cimo case looks good too, although I'd have gone with the matte black colour myself. Anyway, all academic for me as I can't order it. Also, you mention it's a bit slippery on the back, which is probably a deal breaker for me - with true one-handed use, you can't rely on only the sides being grippy.
    06-04-2016 05:06 PM
    By the way, which case do you think is heavier or lighter? I ask because I'm quite certain Amazon specs are frequently incorrect. According to their specs, the Cimo case is more than twice the weight of the Androidified case (although both are quite light). From your pictures, it looks like it's the other way around.
    06-04-2016 05:09 PM
    By the way, which case do you think is heavier or lighter? I ask because I'm quite certain Amazon specs are frequently incorrect. According to their specs, the Cimo case is more than twice the weight of the Androidified case (although both are quite light). From your pictures, it looks like it's the other way around.
    Yeah the Cimo case is definitely lighter so their specs are incorrect. The matte back of the Cimo isn't slippery though to me at all when using one handed use bc the sides offer such grip I am not slipping at all on the back. Maybe it's how I hold my phone?
    06-04-2016 08:08 PM
    Yeah the Cimo case is definitely lighter so their specs are incorrect. The matte back of the Cimo isn't slippery though to me at all when using one handed use bc the sides offer such grip I am not slipping at all on the back. Maybe it's how I hold my phone?
    Well unless you have very large hands, for rigorous one-handed use, you often aren't touching the sides of the phone, only the back with 3 or 4 fingers.
    06-04-2016 10:27 PM
    It's crucial that the back of the case is quite non-slip for me, especially in instances where I'm using the phone leaning back in a chair with the phone almost held vertically in my hand (and not gripping the sides). Funny thing is that despite the all glass back of the phone, I can do this comfortably most of the time without fearing it will slip out (the only time I can't do it is when my hands/fingers are super dry). I'd like this same or better feeling with a case on! There's no way I can do this with my Spigen Rugged Armor - it will slip out like a bar of soap. I can do it easily with my Spigen Liquid Crystal, but there are other issues with that case.

Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the one!
    06-05-2016 02:02 AM
    It's crucial that the back of the case is quite non-slip for me, especially in instances where I'm using the phone leaning back in a chair with the phone almost held vertically in my hand (and not gripping the sides). Funny thing is that despite the all glass back of the phone, I can do this comfortably most of the time without fearing it will slip out (the only time I can't do it is when my hands/fingers are super dry). I'd like this same or better feeling with a case on! There's no way I can do this with my Spigen Rugged Armor - it will slip out like a bar of soap. I can do it easily with my Spigen Liquid Crystal, but there are other issues with that case.

Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the one!
    With your three fingers just on the back do you support the bottom with your pinky?? If so the Cimo is more than grippy enough. I don't have an issue holding the phone with three fingers on the back, my pinky on the bottom and no grip hugging the sides, it is one amazing case I'm so happy I found it.

Where are you located that u can't get it?
    06-05-2016 07:06 AM
    With your three fingers just on the back do you support the bottom with your pinky?? If so the Cimo is more than grippy enough. I don't have an issue holding the phone with three fingers on the back, my pinky on the bottom and no grip hugging the sides, it is one amazing case I'm so happy I found it.
    No, I don't like using the pinky finger at the bottom. I suppose I could "train" myself to do that, but then the current case I have on now (Spigen Rugged Armor) would work with three fingers on back and pinky on bottom too. In fact, all cases would. From what you're describing, I suspect the Cimo back texture is similar to the Spigen Rugged Armor - essentially handles like a bar of wet soap!

But I'm glad you've finally found the case for your needs. Thanks for the information, and I'll feedback once I eventually get the Cruzerlite case.
    06-05-2016 02:43 PM
    No, I don't like using the pinky finger at the bottom. I suppose I could "train" myself to do that, but then the current case I have on now (Spigen Rugged Armor) would work with three fingers on back and pinky on bottom too. In fact, all cases would. From what you're describing, I suspect the Cimo back texture is similar to the Spigen Rugged Armor - essentially handles like a bar of wet soap!

But I'm glad you've finally found the case for your needs. Thanks for the information, and I'll feedback once I eventually get the Cruzerlite case.
    I don't even get how one would just hold the phone vertically with three fingers on the back without supporting the bottom of the phone... Gravity!

I wouldn't say it's a wet bar of soap. It's not that bad at all
    06-05-2016 02:48 PM
    I don't even get how one would just hold the phone vertically with three fingers on the back without supporting the bottom of the phone... Gravity!

I wouldn't say it's a wet bar of soap. It's not that bad at all
    Try holding the phone like that naked (no case on). You'll be pleasantly surprised that you can easily do that, unless your fingers are bone dry I guess. It's a bit of a shame, in my opinion, to put on a case that makes it so you can't do that anymore.

Well, it can't get much more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor that's for sure!
    06-05-2016 02:57 PM
    Finally got the case. Overall it's very good. It's slightly lighter and slimmer than the Spigen Rugged Armor, which suits me better. Certainly more grip at the back due to the Android logo (I think without the logo, it would almost be as slippery as the Spigen). One-handed use is therefore better, and I think is a good compromise between being somewhat sticky (and being a fingerprint/dust magnet) and being too slippery like the Spigen.

There's only one downside that I've noticed with the case (and this is really being OCD) - pressing the power/volume buttons with the case on makes a louder click/noise than without the case. The Spigen case actually makes pressing the buttons softer, as I think the button covers are much more flush with the buttons. The button covers on the Cruzerlite are (purposefully?) placed at a greater distance from the buttons, hence forcing a louder click/noise when the buttons are pressed.
    06-12-2016 06:23 PM
    Finally got the case. Overall it's very good. It's slightly lighter and slimmer than the Spigen Rugged Armor, which suits me better. Certainly more grip at the back due to the Android logo (I think without the logo, it would almost be as slippery as the Spigen). One-handed use is therefore better, and I think is a good compromise between being somewhat sticky (and being a fingerprint/dust magnet) and being too slippery like the Spigen.

There's only one downside that I've noticed with the case (and this is really being OCD) - pressing the power/volume buttons with the case on makes a louder click/noise than without the case. The Spigen case actually makes pressing the buttons softer, as I think the button covers are much more flush with the buttons. The button covers on the Cruzerlite are (purposefully?) placed at a greater distance from the buttons, hence forcing a louder click/noise when the buttons are pressed.
    Glad you like for the most part lol. The button sound doesn't bother me in the slightest
    06-12-2016 07:25 PM
    Glad you like for the most part lol. The button sound doesn't bother me in the slightest
    For me, it's overall a better case than the Spigen Rugged Armor, and I was starting to get used to that case. I really like how the Cruzerlite is a bit slimmer and lighter - I think it's a perfect "size and weight" for my hands.

The android logo definitely saves the case from being a "bar of soap". I actually think it would be more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor if not for the android logo - the texture of the case (aside from the android logo) is very smooth. For "one-handed, three-fingers-on-the-back" use, it's not as grippy as the naked phone (glass) nor the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. But the naked phone (glass) and Spigen Liquid Crystal case are fingerprint/dust magnets. The Cruzerlite case is very resistant to fingerprints and I don't see any big problem with dust yet. So I suppose the Cruzerlite grip is a good compromise/balance.

Another advantage of the Cruzerlite case over the Spigen Rugged Armor case is that the small Samsung adapter that came with the S7 phone (micro-USB to USB adapter) fits much better with the case on. That is, with the Cruzerlite case, when plugging in the adapter, it feels like there's no case on and the connection is flush. However, with the Spigen Rugged Armor, you can definitely feel there's a case "in the way", although it still manages to plug in okay, albeit with a slight looseness to the connection.

I will probably get used to the loud button clicks eventually!

Which case are you using most by the way? The Cimo one?
    06-13-2016 12:52 AM
    For me, it's overall a better case than the Spigen Rugged Armor, and I was starting to get used to that case. I really like how the Cruzerlite is a bit slimmer and lighter - I think it's a perfect "size and weight" for my hands.

The android logo definitely saves the case from being a "bar of soap". I actually think it would be more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor if not for the android logo - the texture of the case (aside from the android logo) is very smooth. For "one-handed, three-fingers-on-the-back" use, it's not as grippy as the naked phone (glass) nor the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. But the naked phone (glass) and Spigen Liquid Crystal case are fingerprint/dust magnets. The Cruzerlite case is very resistant to fingerprints and I don't see any big problem with dust yet. So I suppose the Cruzerlite grip is a good compromise/balance.

Another advantage of the Cruzerlite case over the Spigen Rugged Armor case is that the small Samsung adapter that came with the S7 phone (micro-USB to USB adapter) fits much better with the case on. That is, with the Cruzerlite case, when plugging in the adapter, it feels like there's no case on and the connection is flush. However, with the Spigen Rugged Armor, you can definitely feel there's a case "in the way", although it still manages to plug in okay, albeit with a slight looseness to the connection.

I will probably get used to the loud button clicks eventually!

Which case are you using most by the way? The Cimo one?
    Yeah I've had the Cimo case on and every once in a while I use the cruzerlite. I like to switch back and forth
    06-13-2016 06:25 AM
    So after a couple of days of using the Cruzerlite case, I've decided that it's no where near as "grippy" as the Spigen Liquid Crystal (or going naked for that matter). Like the Spigen Rugged Armor, it does provide a sense of protection for me, especially when laying the phone down on a surface (don't have to worry that the camera cover or glass back will get scratched/damaged). But then so does the Spigen Liquid Crystal, even though it's even thinner and lighter than the Cruzerlite case.

I switched to the Liquid Crystal case and the ease of one-handed use is night and day. You won't understand it unless you actually try it. And one-handed use is very important for me. For example, it's just so convenient and relaxing to be accurately and safely using the phone while sitting back in a chair with a coffee in your other hand. No need for balancing one's pinky finger on the bottom of the phone to prevent it slipping out - in fact, unless your hands are quite large, you'll struggle to reach the top far corner with your thumb if you have a pinky finger on the bottom. And no need for positioning the phone more horizontally for fear it will slip out if it's too vertically positioned - I mean, you wouldn't read a book/newspaper holding it horizontally when you're sitting back in a chair right? You would read the book/newspaper held vertically. So for true one-handed use, I think nothing beats the Liquid Crystal case.

Ultimately, I've concluded that usability and convenience trumps how good a phone looks. So when all is said and done, I'm back to using the first case I got for this phone - the Spigen Liquid Crystal!

And to be honest, I never quite got over the loud clicks when pressing the power or volume buttons with the Cruzerlite case! The home button already makes a relatively loud noise - I don't need all the other buttons to be doing the same thing!
    06-15-2016 02:47 AM
    So after a couple of days of using the Cruzerlite case, I've decided that it's no where near as "grippy" as the Spigen Liquid Crystal (or going naked for that matter). Like the Spigen Rugged Armor, it does provide a sense of protection for me, especially when laying the phone down on a surface (don't have to worry that the camera cover or glass back will get scratched/damaged). But then so does the Spigen Liquid Crystal, even though it's even thinner and lighter than the Cruzerlite case.

I switched to the Liquid Crystal case and the ease of one-handed use is night and day. You won't understand it unless you actually try it. And one-handed use is very important for me. For example, it's just so convenient and relaxing to be accurately and safely using the phone while sitting back in a chair with a coffee in your other hand. No need for balancing one's pinky finger on the bottom of the phone to prevent it slipping out - in fact, unless your hands are quite large, you'll struggle to reach the top far corner with your thumb if you have a pinky finger on the bottom. And no need for positioning the phone more horizontally for fear it will slip out if it's too vertically positioned - I mean, you wouldn't read a book/newspaper holding it horizontally when you're sitting back in a chair right? You would read the book/newspaper held vertically. So for true one-handed use, I think nothing beats the Liquid Crystal case.

Ultimately, I've concluded that usability and convenience trumps how good a phone looks. So when all is said and done, I'm back to using the first case I got for this phone - the Spigen Liquid Crystal!

And to be honest, I never quite got over the loud clicks when pressing the power or volume buttons with the Cruzerlite case! The home button already makes a relatively loud noise - I don't need all the other buttons to be doing the same thing!
    Nice, glad you finally made your decision... Do what makes you most comfortable and secure.

I had the s7 edge and used it for a month before selling it for the s7. The phone was so uncomfortable to hold and it was awkward to use one handed. I always felt like my hand was in pain holding it a certain way so it didn't slide out of my hand. So happy with the s7, it's such a comfortable phone and even though the battery life isn't as good as the edge, I usually still make it a full day.

Can you shoot some pics of the liquid crystal?
    06-15-2016 04:56 PM
    Really only got my S7 to take photos with, so impossible to take a photo of my S7 with the case on! But there are plenty of good photos (and video reviews on YouTube) all over the internet of this case (Spigen Liquid Crystal) already.

Yes, I've decided that ultimately and in the long run, it's the usability of the phone that matters most. A bit of fingerprinting and some dust are merely cosmetic issues and doesn't alter the usability of the phone. However, a case that makes the back more slippery than going naked definitely impairs the usability of the phone.
    06-15-2016 11:41 PM
43 12