Cruzerlite Androidified A2 (TPU and Carbon) case

Charger21

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I actually love this case! It is on the thin side, but the grip is good. Since it is thin, it is good for single hand use. Plus the carbon fiber print adds some more grip. Look up my post here for pics.

Posted via the Android Central App

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I hope it's slightly thinner than the Spigen Rugged Armor, and much grippier. That would be the perfect case for me I think.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
When I had androids years ago I always got the cruzerlite cases in so many colors and would just switch them to keep things different. I was about to order this and decided to hold off for a but, let me know how you like it. I currently have the tudia arch case, it's very similar to the androidified case, see link below.

Galaxy S7 Case - TUDIA Ultra Slim Full-Matte ARCH TPU Bumper Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACIR5X...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5198052

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
When I had androids years ago I always got the cruzerlite cases in so many colors and would just switch them to keep things different. I was about to order this and decided to hold off for a but, let me know how you like it. I currently have the tudia arch case, it's very similar to the androidified case, see link below.

Galaxy S7 Case - TUDIA Ultra Slim Full-Matte ARCH TPU Bumper Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACIR5X...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5198372

I'll make sure to post here once I get the case. That TUDIA case doesn't ship to where I'm at, so it's not an option for me. But out of curiosity, how's the grip and one-handed use? A good test of that is holding it in one hand almost vertically without using any fingers (usually the pinky finger) to support the bottom, while still using the phone comfortably with only one hand (usually using thumb to press and swipe) without fear of it slipping out. The Spigen Crystal Clear case has absolutely no problem with that (but has its own set of cons, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...h-hard-phone-find-good-cases.html#post5197851). Perhaps for a case to be grippy like that, it tends to be a fingerprint/dust magnet? Hopefully this Cruzerlite case with that grippy android logo can be the exception.

The Spigen Rugged Armor is a classic example of a case that has quite poor one-handed use. If your hands/fingers are really sweaty all the time, then maybe it wouldn't be too bad, but it becomes quite uncomfortable if your hands/fingers are dry. This guy has it spot on with his review, except interestingly, despite it being so slippery in the hand, I don't find the case to slip around easily on most surfaces:
Spigen Rugged Armor Review - Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Cases - Mobile Reviews Eh
I mean, you could just make sure you hold the phone as horizontally as possible when using it one-handed, but that's a restriction that I don't like when enjoying a flagship phone like this. In fact, I find there's more grip on the phone naked!

Here's a good review of the Cruzerlite case by the way:
https://techbuzzireland.com/2016/04...ied-a2-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s7-cruzerlite/
Another video review here of the S7 edge version, but you'd think it's nearly identical for the S7 version (apart from more lip on the sides):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te3BVO6ZrXo

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll make sure to post here once I get the case. That TUDIA case doesn't ship to where I'm at, so it's not an option for me. But out of curiosity, how's the grip and one-handed use? A good test of that is holding it in one hand almost vertically without using any fingers (usually the pinky finger) to support the bottom, while still using the phone comfortably with only one hand (usually using thumb to press and swipe) without fear of it slipping out. The Spigen Crystal Clear case has absolutely no problem with that (but has its own set of cons, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...h-hard-phone-find-good-cases.html#post5197851). Perhaps for a case to be grippy like that, it tends to be a fingerprint/dust magnet? Hopefully this Cruzerlite case with that grippy android logo can be the exception.

The Spigen Rugged Armor is a classic example of a case that has quite poor one-handed use. If your hands/fingers are really sweaty all the time, then maybe it wouldn't be too bad, but it becomes quite uncomfortable if your hands/fingers are dry. This guy has it spot on with his review, except interestingly, despite it being so slippery in the hand, I don't find the case to slip around easily on most surfaces:
Spigen Rugged Armor Review - Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Cases - Mobile Reviews Eh
I mean, you could just make sure you hold the phone as horizontally as possible when using it one-handed, but that's a restriction that I don't like when enjoying a flagship phone like this. In fact, I find there's more grip on the phone naked!

Here's a good review of the Cruzerlite case by the way:
https://techbuzzireland.com/2016/04...ied-a2-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s7-cruzerlite/
Another video review here of the S7 edge version, but you'd think it's nearly identical for the S7 version (apart from more lip on the sides):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te3BVO6ZrXo

The Tudia case is very grippy, it is my favorite case so far. I have a Ringke Air on the way which should be delivered today or tomorrow. I don't like bulky cases so finding a good grippy case is imporant. I will most likely get the cruzerlite case as well. Looking forward to your review!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you've already found the case for your needs? Any reason why you're still searching?
I am never satisfied having just one case. I usually have about 10 cases for my phone because I like switching them often! I have a spigen crystal curved screen protector and the tudia case causes it to lift so I am searching for other cases. So far this VRS case works with the screen protector and it's nice and grippy but not my favorite overall.

Galaxy S7 Case, VRS Design [Single Fit][Phantom Black] - [Metallic Buttons][Non Slip][Slim Fit] For Samsung S7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCZCGA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5198835

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I actually ordered that VRS Design case but cancelled it when I read some reviews (from the S7 edge Amazon page) stating it was quite slippery! I'm also not a big fan of the appearance of the power/volume buttons - would prefer them to be black and not stand out.

By the way, I don't use any screen protector. My last phone was the HTC Desire HD (pretty sure it didn't have Gorilla Glass 4 or whatever marketing calls it nowadays) - had it for 6 years and didn't have a single scratch on the screen. But then I guess they don't make phones like they used to! I also didn't use a case on that phone (had some really thin grippy tape-like thing over the sides and back though) and dropped it about 20 times on concrete etc - again, not a single scratch etc. That phone was a beast. Probably would still be using it if its battery lasted longer, but 6 years is pretty decent!

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually ordered that VRS Design case but cancelled it when I read some reviews (from the S7 edge Amazon page) stating it was quite slippery! I'm also not a big fan of the appearance of the power/volume buttons - would prefer them to be black and not stand out.

By the way, I don't use any screen protector. My last phone was the HTC Desire HD (pretty sure it didn't have Gorilla Glass 4 or whatever marketing calls it nowadays) - had it for 6 years and didn't have a single scratch on the screen. But then I guess they don't make phones like they used to! I also didn't use a case on that phone (had some really thin grippy tape-like thing over the sides and back though) and dropped it about 20 times on concrete etc - again, not a single scratch etc. That phone was a beast. Probably would still be using it if its battery lasted longer, but 6 years is pretty decent!
That is my exact complaint of the vrs is those tacky chrome power and volume rocker buttons, but I did not find the case to be slippery.

I never ever used a screen protector either until one day I dropped my note 3 on my tile kitchen floor and it had a hair line scratch across the whole screen. The newer phones for whatever reason are not made as well as the old phones, very scratch prone. I refuse to put a tempered glass on it, they make the phone so ugly looking. The spigen screen protector you don't even notice it is on and will keep my phone scratch free, but no shatterproof ha

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
By the way, how are you finding swiping menus from the sides with one-handed use with your cases? For example, swiping the menu in from the left side in Play Store? Try holding your phone one-handed in your right hand and swiping the menu in with your right thumb. It's hard isn't it? I've worked out a "swiping" technique to get around it (basically do a rotational-like swipe), but it's certainly not as easy to do it compared to if the phone had no case. I suppose it's because the S7 has a very thin bezel?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
By the way, how are you finding swiping menus from the sides with one-handed use with your cases? For example, swiping the menu in from the left side in Play Store? Try holding your phone one-handed in your right hand and swiping the menu in with your right thumb. It's hard isn't it? I've worked out a "swiping" technique to get around it (basically do a rotational-like swipe), but it's certainly not as easy to do it compared to if the phone had no case. I suppose it's because the S7 has a very thin bezel?
My VRS case has a decent inward lip so I can't even swipe in with my right thumb. I can do it one handed with my left hand though. My thumb can't get close enough to the side of the screen because the case is sitting on the bezel too much

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
My VRS case has a decent inward lip so I can't even swipe in with my right thumb. I can do it one handed with my left hand though. My thumb can't get close enough to the side of the screen because the case is sitting on the bezel too much

That would be a deal breaker for me, and quite relieved I cancelled that VRS case order. The Spigen cases I have (Liquid Crystal and Rugged Armor, currently using Rugged Armor) allow the swipe-in with right thumb, but you have to do a certain rotational-like swipe with a bit more downward pressure than if the case wasn't on. Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the same, or better! I use another App regularly that has swipe-in menus from both sides, so it would become rather inconvenient if I couldn't do swipe-ins one-handed! I often use the phone one-handed while working on a desktop computer with the mouse in my other hand. Modern first-world problems!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That would be a deal breaker for me, and quite relieved I cancelled that VRS case order. The Spigen cases I have (Liquid Crystal and Rugged Armor, currently using Rugged Armor) allow the swipe-in with right thumb, but you have to do a certain rotational-like swipe with a bit more downward pressure than if the case wasn't on. Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the same, or better! I use another App regularly that has swipe-in menus from both sides, so it would become rather inconvenient if I couldn't do swipe-ins one-handed! I often use the phone one-handed while working on a desktop computer with the mouse in my other hand. Modern first-world problems!
I actually never use that swipe in feature so it's not an issue for me

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Never heard of it. I hate clear back cases because the fingerprints are so nasty.

It's not actually a clear case, but it does look rather "shiny" and therefore could be a fingerprint magnet. Wish someone here could post their experiences. I'm too lazy to create a new thread!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not actually a clear case, but it does look rather "shiny" and therefore could be a fingerprint magnet. Wish someone here could post their experiences. I'm too lazy to create a new thread!
Got my cimo and androidified case today and I love both of them!!! The Cimo is super slim, tight fit and the matte back is nice and grippy with zero fingerprints while the sides are a translucent TPU. Will post pics later

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my cimo and androidified case today and I love both of them!!! The Cimo is super slim, tight fit and the matte back is nice and grippy with zero fingerprints while the sides are a translucent TPU. Will post pics later

2 days in and my Spigen curved crystal is still holding up. It attracts a lot of fingerprints though. :-\