Cruzerlite Androidified A2 (TPU and Carbon) case

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
2 days in and my Spigen curved crystal is still holding up. It attracts a lot of fingerprints though. :-\

That's why I have my microfiber cloth always at the ready lol. My protector hasn't peeled after a few weeks of using it with my case, but it does scratch and smudge.

Posted via the Android Central App

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
pop, you getting any scratches on your bare screen?
I get very small hairline scratches from pockets and everyday use. U can only see them under certain lighting. What's the point of covering up my screen if I can't enjoy it to the fullest. The only reason why I would use a screen protector is to prevent my screen from cracking or shattering and a spigen curved crystal will not prevent that only a tempered glass which I refuse to use on this phone with the haloing

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Got my cimo and androidified case today and I love both of them!!! The Cimo is super slim, tight fit and the matte back is nice and grippy with zero fingerprints while the sides are a translucent TPU. Will post pics later

Good stuff! Please more information on the androidified case - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Does it satisfy these?:
1. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded
2. Has to be grippy enough for easy one-handed use
3. Not a fingerprint or dust magnet
4. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus)
5. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible)

Is the Cimo case thinner and lighter than the androidified case (I'm curious, as Amazon specs rate it to be "0.8 ounces", while the androidified is "0.3 ounces")? How does the grip compare?

Last edited:

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
pop, you getting any scratches on your bare screen?

Have had the phone for over 2 months now without a screen protector, and not a single scratch on my glass screen. I carry the phone in my pocket everyday. I'm careful not to put my keys etc in the same pocket though.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff! Please more information on the androidified case - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Does it satisfy these?:
1. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded
4. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus)
5. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible)

Is the Cimo case thinner and lighter than the androidified case (I'm curious, as Amazon specs rate it to be "0.8 ounces", while the androidified is "0.3 ounces")? How does the grip compare?

Androidified case

Pictures are below. Case is 10/10! It's light but it is not super thin, I'd say the Cimo case is very thin. It's light, not heavy and the carbon fiber android guy on the back gives it excellent grip. It shows zero fingerprints, really nice material. Buttons are easily accessible and have give.

e155b638a5ebfb99f378bebef207ddd0.jpg
409f367aa2fb01cee960a823853a2687.jpg
f25e67c59c0dedc491c0386d8818edb2.jpg
dc8158e2f12c41beffcff1c8ecf63bc3.jpg

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

The Cimo grip on the sides are great bc of the translucent TPU, super grippy. The back is a soft matte finish, slightly slippery but with the material on the sides it is not an issue by any means. Doesn't show any fingerprints which makes me happy and is very thin. It is much thinner than the androidified case. So I will switch back and forth between the 2 because I like them so much, these are finally keepers!

48c95a07a214e4054914f0fd065bf8ca.jpg
f5934d648249b28df242026411da7a56.jpg
c0bc7e61588ea598ac477c691fcd11ff.jpg
a99da1a946a8a8ebe732fae7fd952b75.jpg

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like the Androidified case would be absolutely perfect for me if it was slightly thinner! But I guess you can argue it's providing a bit more protection. And being light is more important in this context. I've got moderately large hands, and it's nice to be able to hold the phone with confidence - if it's too thin, can make things a bit difficult.

Cimo case looks good too, although I'd have gone with the matte black colour myself. Anyway, all academic for me as I can't order it. Also, you mention it's a bit slippery on the back, which is probably a deal breaker for me - with true one-handed use, you can't rely on only the sides being grippy.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
By the way, which case do you think is heavier or lighter? I ask because I'm quite certain Amazon specs are frequently incorrect. According to their specs, the Cimo case is more than twice the weight of the Androidified case (although both are quite light). From your pictures, it looks like it's the other way around.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
By the way, which case do you think is heavier or lighter? I ask because I'm quite certain Amazon specs are frequently incorrect. According to their specs, the Cimo case is more than twice the weight of the Androidified case (although both are quite light). From your pictures, it looks like it's the other way around.
Yeah the Cimo case is definitely lighter so their specs are incorrect. The matte back of the Cimo isn't slippery though to me at all when using one handed use bc the sides offer such grip I am not slipping at all on the back. Maybe it's how I hold my phone?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the Cimo case is definitely lighter so their specs are incorrect. The matte back of the Cimo isn't slippery though to me at all when using one handed use bc the sides offer such grip I am not slipping at all on the back. Maybe it's how I hold my phone?

Well unless you have very large hands, for rigorous one-handed use, you often aren't touching the sides of the phone, only the back with 3 or 4 fingers.

Last edited:

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
It's crucial that the back of the case is quite non-slip for me, especially in instances where I'm using the phone leaning back in a chair with the phone almost held vertically in my hand (and not gripping the sides). Funny thing is that despite the all glass back of the phone, I can do this comfortably most of the time without fearing it will slip out (the only time I can't do it is when my hands/fingers are super dry). I'd like this same or better feeling with a case on! There's no way I can do this with my Spigen Rugged Armor - it will slip out like a bar of soap. I can do it easily with my Spigen Liquid Crystal, but there are other issues with that case.

Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the one!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's crucial that the back of the case is quite non-slip for me, especially in instances where I'm using the phone leaning back in a chair with the phone almost held vertically in my hand (and not gripping the sides). Funny thing is that despite the all glass back of the phone, I can do this comfortably most of the time without fearing it will slip out (the only time I can't do it is when my hands/fingers are super dry). I'd like this same or better feeling with a case on! There's no way I can do this with my Spigen Rugged Armor - it will slip out like a bar of soap. I can do it easily with my Spigen Liquid Crystal, but there are other issues with that case.

Really hoping the Cruzerlite case is the one!
With your three fingers just on the back do you support the bottom with your pinky?? If so the Cimo is more than grippy enough. I don't have an issue holding the phone with three fingers on the back, my pinky on the bottom and no grip hugging the sides, it is one amazing case I'm so happy I found it.

Where are you located that u can't get it?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
With your three fingers just on the back do you support the bottom with your pinky?? If so the Cimo is more than grippy enough. I don't have an issue holding the phone with three fingers on the back, my pinky on the bottom and no grip hugging the sides, it is one amazing case I'm so happy I found it.

No, I don't like using the pinky finger at the bottom. I suppose I could "train" myself to do that, but then the current case I have on now (Spigen Rugged Armor) would work with three fingers on back and pinky on bottom too. In fact, all cases would. From what you're describing, I suspect the Cimo back texture is similar to the Spigen Rugged Armor - essentially handles like a bar of wet soap!

But I'm glad you've finally found the case for your needs. Thanks for the information, and I'll feedback once I eventually get the Cruzerlite case.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't like using the pinky finger at the bottom. I suppose I could "train" myself to do that, but then the current case I have on now (Spigen Rugged Armor) would work with three fingers on back and pinky on bottom too. In fact, all cases would. From what you're describing, I suspect the Cimo back texture is similar to the Spigen Rugged Armor - essentially handles like a bar of wet soap!

But I'm glad you've finally found the case for your needs. Thanks for the information, and I'll feedback once I eventually get the Cruzerlite case.
I don't even get how one would just hold the phone vertically with three fingers on the back without supporting the bottom of the phone... Gravity!

I wouldn't say it's a wet bar of soap. It's not that bad at all

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't even get how one would just hold the phone vertically with three fingers on the back without supporting the bottom of the phone... Gravity!

I wouldn't say it's a wet bar of soap. It's not that bad at all

Try holding the phone like that naked (no case on). You'll be pleasantly surprised that you can easily do that, unless your fingers are bone dry I guess. It's a bit of a shame, in my opinion, to put on a case that makes it so you can't do that anymore.

Well, it can't get much more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor that's for sure!

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Finally got the case. Overall it's very good. It's slightly lighter and slimmer than the Spigen Rugged Armor, which suits me better. Certainly more grip at the back due to the Android logo (I think without the logo, it would almost be as slippery as the Spigen). One-handed use is therefore better, and I think is a good compromise between being somewhat sticky (and being a fingerprint/dust magnet) and being too slippery like the Spigen.

There's only one downside that I've noticed with the case (and this is really being OCD) - pressing the power/volume buttons with the case on makes a louder click/noise than without the case. The Spigen case actually makes pressing the buttons softer, as I think the button covers are much more flush with the buttons. The button covers on the Cruzerlite are (purposefully?) placed at a greater distance from the buttons, hence forcing a louder click/noise when the buttons are pressed.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the case. Overall it's very good. It's slightly lighter and slimmer than the Spigen Rugged Armor, which suits me better. Certainly more grip at the back due to the Android logo (I think without the logo, it would almost be as slippery as the Spigen). One-handed use is therefore better, and I think is a good compromise between being somewhat sticky (and being a fingerprint/dust magnet) and being too slippery like the Spigen.

There's only one downside that I've noticed with the case (and this is really being OCD) - pressing the power/volume buttons with the case on makes a louder click/noise than without the case. The Spigen case actually makes pressing the buttons softer, as I think the button covers are much more flush with the buttons. The button covers on the Cruzerlite are (purposefully?) placed at a greater distance from the buttons, hence forcing a louder click/noise when the buttons are pressed.
Glad you like for the most part lol. The button sound doesn't bother me in the slightest

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Glad you like for the most part lol. The button sound doesn't bother me in the slightest

For me, it's overall a better case than the Spigen Rugged Armor, and I was starting to get used to that case. I really like how the Cruzerlite is a bit slimmer and lighter - I think it's a perfect "size and weight" for my hands.

The android logo definitely saves the case from being a "bar of soap". I actually think it would be more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor if not for the android logo - the texture of the case (aside from the android logo) is very smooth. For "one-handed, three-fingers-on-the-back" use, it's not as grippy as the naked phone (glass) nor the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. But the naked phone (glass) and Spigen Liquid Crystal case are fingerprint/dust magnets. The Cruzerlite case is very resistant to fingerprints and I don't see any big problem with dust yet. So I suppose the Cruzerlite grip is a good compromise/balance.

Another advantage of the Cruzerlite case over the Spigen Rugged Armor case is that the small Samsung adapter that came with the S7 phone (micro-USB to USB adapter) fits much better with the case on. That is, with the Cruzerlite case, when plugging in the adapter, it feels like there's no case on and the connection is flush. However, with the Spigen Rugged Armor, you can definitely feel there's a case "in the way", although it still manages to plug in okay, albeit with a slight looseness to the connection.

I will probably get used to the loud button clicks eventually!

Which case are you using most by the way? The Cimo one?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For me, it's overall a better case than the Spigen Rugged Armor, and I was starting to get used to that case. I really like how the Cruzerlite is a bit slimmer and lighter - I think it's a perfect "size and weight" for my hands.

The android logo definitely saves the case from being a "bar of soap". I actually think it would be more slippery than the Spigen Rugged Armor if not for the android logo - the texture of the case (aside from the android logo) is very smooth. For "one-handed, three-fingers-on-the-back" use, it's not as grippy as the naked phone (glass) nor the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. But the naked phone (glass) and Spigen Liquid Crystal case are fingerprint/dust magnets. The Cruzerlite case is very resistant to fingerprints and I don't see any big problem with dust yet. So I suppose the Cruzerlite grip is a good compromise/balance.

Another advantage of the Cruzerlite case over the Spigen Rugged Armor case is that the small Samsung adapter that came with the S7 phone (micro-USB to USB adapter) fits much better with the case on. That is, with the Cruzerlite case, when plugging in the adapter, it feels like there's no case on and the connection is flush. However, with the Spigen Rugged Armor, you can definitely feel there's a case "in the way", although it still manages to plug in okay, albeit with a slight looseness to the connection.

I will probably get used to the loud button clicks eventually!

Which case are you using most by the way? The Cimo one?
Yeah I've had the Cimo case on and every once in a while I use the cruzerlite. I like to switch back and forth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11