06-15-2016 09:00 PM
80 1234
tools
    Two pieces like level 5. The back is like a matte finish, hard but semi smooth. Not that slick though.
    06-01-2016 07:47 PM
    Would it be better to wait a couple of days after applying the curved crystal before trying on cases? Does it stick better over time?
    I'm not sure why some are peeling and some aren't, but I have had the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Curved Crystal on for almost two weeks now and absolutely no peeling whatsoever. It does, however, scratch pretty easily.

Posted via the Android Central App
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    06-01-2016 08:13 PM
    I'm not sure why some are peeling and some aren't, but I have had the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Curved Crystal on for almost two weeks now and absolutely no peeling whatsoever. It does, however, scratch pretty easily.

Hey Luke,

Had to take mine off. Im sure you read my posts, the scratches were crazy and the smudge marks that it attracted made the phone look and feel so dirty. Plus my favorite case I have caused the sides to peel up.
    luke31 likes this.
    06-01-2016 09:35 PM
    Hey Luke,

Had to take mine off. Im sure you read my posts, the scratches were crazy and the smudge marks that it attracted made the phone look and feel so dirty. Plus my favorite case I have caused the sides to peel up.
    I did read the posts, and I can definitely see the scratches and smudging thing being an issue. I've been using the screen protector because I couldn't find a better one, and that's just unfortunate with a phone this popular. Hopefully someone will figure it out in the future.

06-01-2016 11:19 PM
    Let me know how you make out. That's how I was, I rather have my cases that I like than a screen protector
    OK, Put on the Spigen Curved Crystal last night and it went on perfect. I let it sit overnight. Tried the UAG case this morning and I could see one little tiny spot on the upper right edge being affected. Took the UAG off and put on the Otterbox Symmetry and everything seems OK.

I'll report back later today and see how it's doing.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    06-02-2016 08:33 AM
    I recently got the screen protector installed on my s7 its great but the touch sensitivity is really bad the quick setting tab is hard to bring down from the top of the screen and also omg samsung pay tab that is on the bottom of the home screen only works around 10% of the time i try to use it, but I do enjoy having the edge to edge screen protector.
    06-02-2016 09:42 AM
    I recently got the screen protector installed on my s7 its great but the touch sensitivity is really bad the quick setting tab is hard to bring down from the top of the screen and also omg samsung pay tab that is on the bottom of the home screen only works around 10% of the time i try to use it, but I do enjoy having the edge to edge screen protector.
    100% accurate. Samsung Pay, impossible to use and the notification shade pretty hard to bring down.
    Touch sensitivity is also diminished some what. This is with the Zagg Curve.
    06-02-2016 03:35 PM

Same here, went on nicely the second attempt but I got a noticeable scratch within 36 hours and pulled it off.

Make it so.
    06-02-2016 05:06 PM
    OK, The Otterbox Defender with it's stock screen protector removed is the perfect combination with this Zagg Curve.
    I'm not too fond of the fat ole Defender but will try it for a few days and see how it goes.

I'll add some pictures later.
    So the otterbox defender for the s7 edge will work with the zagg curved glass ?

06-02-2016 06:50 PM
    I received my Zagg glass curve screen protector today and installed it. I use the Samsung Leather cover for my S7 (Which i had to buy from ebay cause the case is not sold in stores in the USA.) The curve seems to work fine with this case. I am pleased with that part of it. I have noticed the touch sensitivity is really reduced. I have to press harder on the screen to bring down the notification screen, I also noticed it affects the sensitivity of the screen brightness, My phone thinks its darker then it is, and the all ways on display is so dim i can barely read it. I may keep it on through tomorrow to see how it works with a normal day but if the screen doesn't brighten up i am gona ditch the curved glass and go with out a screen protector.
    06-02-2016 07:40 PM

Yes, a perfect combination. Look for my pictures a few pages back in this thread.
    The Samsung Pay is very hard to activate and the Notification Shade in hard to pull down with this combo.
    06-02-2016 08:23 PM
    Well the Zagg Glass curve only lasted a few hours on my phone. I felt the decrease in touch sensitivity was a far worse thing to put up with then the halo the former tempered glass screen protector had. How ever with that being said i am DONE with screen protectors. My phone is only going to have a minimal case like the official Samsung leather cover my phone is sporting right now. I rarely drop my phone, I do not go to sandy places like the beach. I wear a nice leather belt clip holster for caring my phone instead of putting it in my pocket. I bought my high end smart phone for all the features it has. I am not going to loose the sensitivity of some of these features for a screen protector when it comes with a screen that is suppose to be scratch resistant. Thanks for everyone posting there opinions and what screen protectors they have tried. It was very knowledgeable and put with my own experience is why i am never putting on a screen protector again. The naked glass screen thats on the galaxy s7 is so nice to use. Makes me wish i never wasted the money on screen protectors.
    06-03-2016 04:55 AM
    Well the Zagg Glass curve only lasted a few hours on my phone. I felt the decrease in touch sensitivity was a far worse thing to put up with then the halo the former tempered glass screen protector had. How ever with that being said i am DONE with screen protectors. My phone is only going to have a minimal case like the official Samsung leather cover my phone is sporting right now. I rarely drop my phone, I do not go to sandy places like the beach. I wear a nice leather belt clip holster for caring my phone instead of putting it in my pocket. I bought my high end smart phone for all the features it has. I am not going to loose the sensitivity of some of these features for a screen protector when it comes with a screen that is suppose to be scratch resistant. Thanks for everyone posting there opinions and what screen protectors they have tried. It was very knowledgeable and put with my own experience is why i am never putting on a screen protector again. The naked glass screen thats on the galaxy s7 is so nice to use. Makes me wish i never wasted the money on screen protectors.
    After taking my spigen curved crystal off I have enjoyed the phone so much more without the screen protector. Like you said this is such a great phone and it is so nice to look at. I found myself looking at scratches on my screen protector and nasty fingerprint smudge marks that made my phone look constantly dirty and greasy. These screens are supposed to be scratch resistant but they definitely aren't. Over time you will notice small hair line scratches under certain lighting situations. Happened to my iPhone too and I take very good care of my devices. Not sure why Samsung can't figure out a scratch free glass.
    06-03-2016 06:21 AM
    After taking my spigen curved crystal off I have enjoyed the phone so much more without the screen protector. Like you said this is such a great phone and it is so nice to look at. I found myself looking at scratches on my screen protector and nasty fingerprint smudge marks that made my phone look constantly dirty and greasy. These screens are supposed to be scratch resistant but they definitely aren't. Over time you will notice small hair line scratches under certain lighting situations. Happened to my iPhone too and I take very good care of my devices. Not sure why Samsung can't figure out a scratch free glass.
    I agree that taking off the screen protector makes the phone look and feel better. The only reason I keep mine on is that 1-2 years down the road, I plan on selling the phone (as I have always done), and having the screen in flawless condition does help with the resale value.

felloffthetruck likes this.
    06-03-2016 07:36 AM
    I agree that taking off the screen protector makes the phone look and feel better. The only reason I keep mine on is that 1-2 years down the road, I plan on selling the phone (as I have always done), and having the screen in flawless condition does help with the resale value.

Agreed, I want to enjoy my phone to the fullest now though so if I have to take a hit later on it will be worth it to me. Most of the time whoever buys the phone will put a protector on it and you don't even see the small scratches it accumulates over time bc the screen protector covers them.
    06-03-2016 07:38 AM

I didn't catch this but there is no Defender available for the Edge, just the regular S7.
    06-03-2016 08:21 AM

I used to feel this way... but i am paying top dollar for my high end device. So i am going to get my money out of it instead of keeping in top condition for someone else
    06-03-2016 09:29 AM
    I'm not too impressed with it. It's on perfect and it still had issues registering my touches. I feel like I have to press harder on certain locations of the screen.. Dammit

06-04-2016 08:47 PM
    I don't understand why it's so difficult. Don't the iPhones also have the 2.5d glass? And don't they have plenty of quality tempered glass?

06-04-2016 09:09 PM
    Right now I'm using my Incipio peformance series level 4 case that doesn't have the builtin protector. I have the level 5 case too and the screen protector blows on it. It's tight fitting but very cloudy. The Otterbox Defender has a better one but still the slight gap in it and collects dust over time and the screen can scratch anyways when you get dirt under the protector.

This Incipio level 4 is rated 13ft drop though so hopefully it's fine. When I had my Galaxy S2 I had that 3DO case that Tmobile sold that is now under the tech 21 name with no screen protector and it fell face first about 2 feet on pavement and was fine and the S2 didn't ever scratch.

Only perfect screen protector that's built in and has worked good is the Supcase Unicorn. however I feel that case doesn't have the shock protection I want.

Why is the S7 so hard to find a durable case and tempered glass? The Note 5 wasn't this hard and the S6 wasn't as well.
    06-05-2016 01:43 AM
    My theory is the bezel. The galaxy has such little side bezel compared to the iPhone. It kinda stinks you pay so much for this phone and you cant even properly protect it.

luke31 likes this.
    06-05-2016 03:28 AM
    So awhile ago I ordered a cheap glass screen protector off Amazon by amfilm I removed the zagg glass and installed this cheap one and I will say night and day difference. It also works with my case. I can only seem to find black and silver on amazon right now amfilm tempered glass for galaxy s7 I will try to post a link in case anyone is interested

06-05-2016 03:59 AM
    Here's the packaging

Attached Thumbnails ZAGG Glass Curved now available-2982.jpg  
    06-05-2016 06:47 AM
    I don't understand why it's so difficult. Don't the iPhones also have the 2.5d glass? And don't they have plenty of quality tempered glass?

Hey Luke, yes I had an iPhone 6s Plus and they have the same issue with tempered glass halo-ing. If you have the white iPhone though you don't see the haloing stick out as much on the black.
    06-05-2016 07:33 AM
    So read that it doesnt work great with a Spigen case. Guess no screen protector for this phone.
    06-08-2016 01:37 AM
80 1234