ZAGG Glass Curved now available

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, Just installed the Zagg Curve and I'm pretty impressed with it. Went on perfect, lined up perfect, very smooth and overall one of the nicest protectors I've seen in a while. You would not even notice it's on the phone if you weren't looking for it.
The black on the protector is not the same pearly black like the phone but none the less looks pretty good.
I did manage to get a tiny piece of hair or something under the display but that's my own fault. :'( Not going to take it off as I think it's a one stick deal and that's it.
The home button is noticeably lower but seems to work just fine. The capacitive buttons don't seem as bright with the protector on. The dot matrix is there but very hard to notice during normal use. Fingerprints hardly show up and the oleophobic coating is super smooth.

This opinion is based on about 1 hour with the protector on the phone . I'm going to let it sit a while before trying on some cases.
That piece of crap I got under the glass is going to drive me crazy. :eek: Here are a couple of pictures.
The last picture you can see the dot matrix and piece of crap I got under the glass. :'(

zc02.jpgzc04.jpgzc06.jpgzc07.jpgzc09.jpgzc10.jpg

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I won't sacrifice the gorgeous pearl color of the black on the s7, thats the main reason why I got the color. It is like no other black phone, it is so sleek. I ripped off my spigen curved crystal display yesterday, the smudge marks it created were out of this world and I was limited to one case I didn't love the fit of without pulling the protector up on the sides.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I won't sacrifice the gorgeous pearl color of the black on the s7, thats the main reason why I got the color. It is like no other black phone, it is so sleek. I ripped off my spigen curved crystal display yesterday, the smudge marks it created were out of this world and I was limited to one case I didn't love the fit of without pulling the protector up on the sides.

Did the Spigen leave any residue on the phone after you peeled it off?

First problem with the Zagg, the Samsung Pay slider is hard to activate.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So is this basically a 3x more expensive version of the Chinese one that's been around? It looks exactly the same with the colors /dot matrix.

Make it so.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So is this basically a 3x more expensive version of the Chinese one that's been around? It looks exactly the same with the colors /dot matrix.

Make it so.

It's vey possible. I don't have any of the cheap Chinese ones to compare it to.

One thing that I do know is that Zagg stands behind their products 100%

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This protector does not play well with cases. Tried the Otterbox Symmetery and UAG and both dig into the edges of the glass. The glass did not pop off but I believe it would if I left the case on too long.
Back to the drawing board as a case is a must for me. :-\

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This protector does not play well with cases. Tried the Otterbox Symmetery and UAG and both dig into the edges of the glass. The glass did not pop off but I believe it would if I left the case on too long.
Back to the drawing board as a case is a must for me. :-\
That's what is so frustrating, none of the screen protectors that work with the curved edges of the s7 actually let a case fit well! So frustrating. I rather have the case and no screen protector combo than no case with a screen protector, that's why I'm naked now on the screen

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, The Otterbox Commuter works pretty well as the soft silicone liner can be massaged into place but still not perfect. This would be a good combination for the Defender case with the stock screen protector removed. I have a ton of cases and like to change them up so this Zagg Curve will more than likely be coming off soon. :'(

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, The Otterbox Commuter works pretty well as the soft silicone liner can be massaged into place but still not perfect. This would be a good combination for the Defender case with the stock screen protector removed. I have a ton of cases and like to change them up so this Zagg Curve will more than likely be coming off soon. :'(
I'm the same way I order a new case every week, it's a slight issue!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK, The Otterbox Defender with it's stock screen protector removed is the perfect combination with this Zagg Curve.
I'm not too fond of the fat ole Defender but will try it for a few days and see how it goes.

I'll add some pictures later.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What happened with your Seigen Curved crystal protector? Was it just no good or did it turn bad over time?
I have 2 here that I never even opened the box. :p
The fingerprints and smudges on it were driving me nuts I was cleaning the screen every five min and the whole protector was getting scratches on it. Plus 4 out of my 5 cases would cause the sides to peel up

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Defender seems to be a perfect fit for the Zagg Curve glass. The top shell goes over the edges of the Zagg Curve and holds it down perfect.
Here's a few fast pictures.

def01.jpgdef02.jpgdef03.jpgdef04.jpgdef05.jpgdef06.jpgdef07.jpg

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
True but there are not a lot of protective heavy duty cases out there right now for this phone. Other than a few cheap ones on Amazon. I'm using the Incipio Level 5 which is rated for 15ft drop but it still seems not as protective as a Defender. The built in screen protector on it is also fuzzy too. I already know this curved glass wouldn't work on the level 5 with the built in protector popped out. I got the level 4 also and no way this curved glass would work with it due to the tight tolerances of the case.

I hate how they make all kinds of protective heavy duty cases for the iToy but not Galaxy phones.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Blues, if you like the Defender then this combo would be prefect for you. The Zagg Curve and Defender with stock protector removed are a match made in heaven. The only problem is that Samsung Pay and the notification shade are a little hard to access. I like thinner cases so I might be removing the Zagg Glass later today and installing a Spigen Curved Crystal film protector. Can you post some pictures of the Incipio Level 4?

def01.jpgdef02.jpgdef03.jpgdef04.jpgdef05.jpgdef06.jpgdef07.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey